Windows 10: Pc shuts down black screen

Discus and support Pc shuts down black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi sometimes when I start a demanding game which my pc should handle my pc suddenly shuts down with an black screen and won‘t start again for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by David8171, Jul 2, 2020.

1. David8171 Win User

Pc shuts down black screen

Hi

sometimes when I start a demanding game which my pc should handle my pc suddenly shuts down with an black screen and won‘t start again for the next 15min. It isn‘t a overheating problem of the graphicscard 1080 or my cpu 6700k I am pretty sure because everytime the temperature is where it should be. And my msi z1something is showing 00 on the display when that happens, normally it shows some random numbers maybe my cpu temp.

Also my _- key is not working but this is a different problem definitely not my keyboard.

I am thinking of resetting my pc because I got many software problems. E.g. The key or my boot manager won‘t start automatically and I didn‘t change anything in the bios.

What should I do or do you need more information?

:)

David8171, Jul 2, 2020

2. Black screen after updating to 1703

Hi,

A stop error can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. For us to identify the cause of this issue, we suggest that you refer to these articles:

The steps will be viewed once that you've selected the corresponding answer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Jul 2, 2020
  3. PC is not shutting down

i have windows 10 and hp elitbook 8460p laptop but when i am clicking on shutdown or hibernate the screen goes black and black forever. until my laptop battery come empty,
    i also changed windows but now in this windows first some times it shut down, but now it is also not shutting down or hibernating the pc.
    that's why

maamiradina, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Pc shuts down black screen

PC not shutting down or sleeping

Hi Felipe,

There are some factors that we need to consider regarding your concern about the shutting down or sleeping in Windows 10. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• What is the last action taken before this issue happens?
    • Any changes made to your hardware?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
    • Have you also tried
      updating your drivers
      ?

We also found a helpful response from Yashwanth Kotakuri on July 7, 2016 in this

thread
    . This will give you steps that resolve the same issue.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist.

Anthony Gal, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Pc shuts down black screen

1. Pc shuts down black screen - Similar Threads - shuts down black

2. My PC shows black screen after shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC shows black screen after shutting down: Hello, A week ago i started using my pc again after a month it was working fine. After 2 days i started installing a game and found that some .dll files was missing and i installed it. Then i hit restart but the pc showed ‘restarting’ and turned black screen. The power button...
  3. My PC shows black screen after shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC shows black screen after shutting down: Hello, A week ago i started using my pc again after a month it was working fine. After 2 days i started installing a game and found that some .dll files was missing and i installed it. Then i hit restart but the pc showed ‘restarting’ and turned black screen. The power button...
  4. My PC shows black screen after shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen after restarting/shutting down and booting up pc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after restarting/shutting down and booting up pc: Exactly what the subject says. Whenever I restart or shut down and boot up my pc, I can see my profiles and log in menu; but after entering the password it shows me a black screen with a cursor. It stays like that for a few hours. After that, its back to normal. Not sure why...
  6. Change shutting down screen color to black

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change shutting down screen color to black: Is it possible to change the color of the shutdown screen to black in Windows 10 with the registry or a other way? [img] 175995
  7. Laptop won't shut down and black screen

Laptop won't shut down and black screen: Hello, My Acer Aspire One 722 will not power off and I have a black screen. I have held down the power key, unplugged from outlet, and still it will not power off. Last night I put it on "sleep" mode. I never had a problem before. Windows 10 did an install yesterday....
  8. PC randomly shuts down or gets black screen

PC randomly shuts down or gets black screen: I've been having this issue for a while, my PC will either randomly shut off usually when I'm playing games, I sometime get a black screen on both my monitors that doesn't allow me to press any button to do anything, this sometimes happens after my PC randomly shuts down when...
  9. Windows black screen with cursor after shutting down

Windows black screen with cursor after shutting down: After I click to shutdown my pc, for a few miliseconds I see the normal blue screen with the dots around the words "shutting down", but then my pc goes to a black screen with the cursor and doesnt turn off. Sometimes, the black screen even goes out, just for my pc to go back...
  10. Black screen after shutting down the computer

Black screen after shutting down the computer: I don't know if this has to do with anything but this problem occurred after I updated my Windows 10 Pro to build 1903 using the Windows 10 Update Assistant. Now the problem is that when I shut down the computer normally everything works fine. It goes through the usual stuff...