Windows 10: PC shuts down instead of sleeps when I use Fn F1 to put it to sleep.

Discus and support PC shuts down instead of sleeps when I use Fn F1 to put it to sleep. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This didn't used to happen, but now when I manually put my computer to sleep via the Fn F1 key, when I come back to wake it up and use it, I find it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by heidi49, May 25, 2019.

1. heidi49 Win User

PC shuts down instead of sleeps when I use Fn F1 to put it to sleep.

This didn't used to happen, but now when I manually put my computer to sleep via the Fn F1 key, when I come back to wake it up and use it, I find it's turned off instead of asleep.

:)

heidi49, May 25, 2019
  2. claylomax Win User

Shutting down, hibernating, or sleeping?

Speaking of ... I just built a new PC with an AMD Kaveri and Windows 7 64 and the option sleep is greyed out, I get shut down and hibernate; it's funny, on my PC (see specs) I get sleep and shut down not hibernate. I tried the bios but I'm clueless. Any ideas?

claylomax, May 25, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Computer shuts down instead of going in to sleep mode

Hello,

You may put your device to Sleep by following the steps here in

Shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC
    and see if it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

David Haz, May 25, 2019
  4. Aquinus Win User

Shutting down, hibernating, or sleeping?

When sleep is grayed out it probably means that you're missing a driver required to do it or rather a device is incapable of going to sleep, but more often than not it's drivers that haven't been installed. I would make sure you're not missing any chipset or something.

Aquinus, May 25, 2019
Thema:

1. PC shuts down instead of sleeps when I use Fn F1 to put it to sleep. - Similar Threads - shuts down instead

2. Windows computer shuts down instead of Sleep

in Windows 10 News
    Windows computer shuts down instead of Sleep: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 is an operating system that is packed with a ton of features. Many of the features are related to turning off computers in different states so that power can be saved at different levels. It lists out as [...] This post Windows computer shuts down...
  3. Computer shuts down when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer shuts down when put to sleep: When I close the lid of my new laptop, it shuts down instead of staying in sleep mode. I've triple checked that the computer is set to Sleep (NOT Shut Down) when the lid is closed. It seems to Sleep for a short time, then Shut Down. Battery at 90%, so that isn't the issue. I...
  4. Laptop shuts down instead of resuming from sleep

Laptop shuts down instead of resuming from sleep: Recently, my laptop started doing this. I'd say in the last 3-4 weeks. It goes to sleep when I shut the lid or put it to sleep, but shuts off when lid is opened, power button is pressed, etc. It's a Lenovo P51s, version 20H. All updates are current, both Microsoft and...
  5. Laptop crashing and shutting down when put in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop crashing and shutting down when put in sleep mode: Hi, I'm having a crashing issue with a Toshiba Satellite S855-S5165 laptop. When the computer is put in sleep mode, the screen blacks out and the laptop freezes for ~ 5 minutes. After five minutes the laptop will crash and shutdown, generating a dump file. This happens...
  6. Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode: Hi all first time poster, So I'm having a major problem that I can't seem to fix. When I close the lid of my laptop, put it into sleep mode, or put it into hibernation mode, the laptop basically shuts down. The power light flashes on and off, but when I reopen the lid or...
  7. PC shutting down incorrectly/not going to sleep when put in sleep mode

PC shutting down incorrectly/not going to sleep when put in sleep mode: My computer keeps shutting down after I put it into sleep mode, then when i start it back up it says that it shut down incorrectly. This does not happen all the time, only sporadically. Other times it will not go into sleep mode altogether! Interesting, I had this problem...
  8. should i shut down or put to sleep ?

in Windows 10 Support
    should i shut down or put to sleep ?: hi guys so i've been thinking should i turn my laptop off or hibernate or put it to sleep ? i haven't turned it off since nearly 4 month , i just close the lid so it goes to sleep will this damage it on the long term ? 74873
  9. Windows 10 Shutting Down instead of Sleeping/Hibernating

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Shutting Down instead of Sleeping/Hibernating: So, I recently installed Windows 10 on my laptop ( HP ProBook 440 G2 ), but I've been facing some issues where, after a short period of usage (around 20 minutes and beyond) the OS simply shuts down when I close the lid or manually press the Suspend button, even tho I...
  10. Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode: Hi all first time poster, So I'm having a major problem that I can't seem to fix. When I close the lid of my laptop, put it into sleep mode, or put it into hibernation mode, the laptop basically shuts down. The power light flashes on and off, but when I reopen the lid or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard F1 shutting down