Windows 10: PC shuts down instead of sleeps when I use Fn F1 to put it to sleep.

Discus and support PC shuts down instead of sleeps when I use Fn F1 to put it to sleep. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This didn't used to happen, but now when I manually put my computer to sleep via the Fn F1 key, when I come back to wake it up and use it, I find it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by heidi49, May 25, 2019.

1. heidi49 Win User

PC shuts down instead of sleeps when I use Fn F1 to put it to sleep.

This didn't used to happen, but now when I manually put my computer to sleep via the Fn F1 key, when I come back to wake it up and use it, I find it's turned off instead of asleep.

:)

heidi49, May 25, 2019
  2. claylomax Win User

Shutting down, hibernating, or sleeping?

Speaking of ... I just built a new PC with an AMD Kaveri and Windows 7 64 and the option sleep is greyed out, I get shut down and hibernate; it's funny, on my PC (see specs) I get sleep and shut down not hibernate. I tried the bios but I'm clueless. Any ideas?

claylomax, May 25, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Computer shuts down instead of going in to sleep mode

Hello,

You may put your device to Sleep by following the steps here in

Shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC
    and see if it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

David Haz, May 25, 2019
  4. Aquinus Win User

Shutting down, hibernating, or sleeping?

When sleep is grayed out it probably means that you're missing a driver required to do it or rather a device is incapable of going to sleep, but more often than not it's drivers that haven't been installed. I would make sure you're not missing any chipset or something.

Aquinus, May 25, 2019
Thema:

1. PC shuts down instead of sleeps when I use Fn F1 to put it to sleep. - Similar Threads - shuts down instead

2. My PC shuts down when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC shuts down when put to sleep: My PC shuts down when put to sleep, whenever I start-up but I don't login the sleep works just fine but when I login it doesn't work. When I put it to sleep the screen turns off and goes into sleep mode and I can hear something shut down I think it's the hard drive but the...
  3. My PC shuts down when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC shuts down when put to sleep: My PC shuts down when put to sleep, whenever I start-up but I don't login the sleep works just fine but when I login it doesn't work. When I put it to sleep the screen turns off and goes into sleep mode and I can hear something shut down I think it's the hard drive but the...
  4. Shutting down instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutting down instead of sleeping: When I put it on sleep, it automatically shuts down. I have to force restart every time and loose all my work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutting-down-instead-of-sleeping/b554dbef-82c7-49ea-ba8a-38c45e25613e
  5. Shutting down instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutting down instead of sleeping: When I put it on sleep, it automatically shuts down. I have to force restart every time and loose all my work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutting-down-instead-of-sleeping/b554dbef-82c7-49ea-ba8a-38c45e25613e
  6. PC shuts down when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC shuts down when put to sleep: Hello all,Whenever I try to put my PC to sleep, it seems to shut all the way down. But it turns back on when I move my mouse, I don't have to touch the power button, and I get a 'windows was not shut down correctly' error in Reliability History. I suspect it is corrupted...
  7. laptop shuts down when put in sleep

laptop shuts down when put in sleep: this started after dell put on bios update and windows updates. Dell does not respond. is there something you can help me with? Could this be a windows power issue? HELP...
  8. PC Shutting Down Instead of Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Shutting Down Instead of Sleep: Lately I've been noticing that most of the time when my PC goes to sleep, it ends up shutting down. Windows and my Nvidia drivers are up to date if that makes a difference, 20H2 and 457.09. Has anyone else started experiencing this or know any way to fix it? Thanks!...
  9. PC shutting down instead of sleeping

PC shutting down instead of sleeping: Hi, I recently changed the SSD on my ASUS UX430UN and upgraded it to a Crucial 1Tb SSD. I have GRUB to handle dual boot Windows and Linux. When using Windows, often the pc will shut down after going to sleep requiring to hold the power button to hard restart it, or it will...
  10. Computer shuts down when put to sleep

Computer shuts down when put to sleep: When I close the lid of my new laptop, it shuts down instead of staying in sleep mode. I've triple checked that the computer is set to Sleep (NOT Shut Down) when the lid is closed. It seems to Sleep for a short time, then Shut Down. Battery at 90%, so that isn't the issue. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. f1 put to sleep

2. keyboard F1 shutting down