Windows 10: PC shuts down / PC Restarts / while using GeForce GTX 1050

Discus and support PC shuts down / PC Restarts / while using GeForce GTX 1050 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Everybody, I want to write in detail about the issue that I have been facing for more than 7 months. My old PC had below specs: Phenom II X6... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Krea, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Krea Win User

PC shuts down / PC Restarts / while using GeForce GTX 1050

Hello Everybody,

I want to write in detail about the issue that I have been facing for more than 7 months.

My old PC had below specs:
    Phenom II X6 1055T
    Gigabyte Motherboard GA-78LMT-USB3 AM3
    4x2 = 8 GB RAM
    SSD 256 GB
    HDD 500 GB
    450w power supply
    Asus GeForce GTX 1050

On this PC I was using GTX 1050 for 2.5 years without any issues but then my PC started rebooting while playing games.
    In the event viewer it used to show Event ID 41 (Kernel Power) error. There were rare/few occasions where I had reboots while the PC was Idle.

I tried for 6 more months with various solutions. Whatever I have done after this is based on various online solutions. I thought (I thought = result of googling) that this has to do with power failure so I borrowed Cooler Master 550w power supply from my friend and the issue was resolved for few days or weeks, I guess. But then again, I started facing reboots.
    After that... because I was facing the issue mostly while playing the games I thought the issue must be with the graphic card, I went to the service centre to get my graphic card replaced as it was in the warranty. So, they provided me a refurbished graphic card which I started using on my pc. However, this time I still had issues but this time it was a bit different... instead of restarting my pc shuts down and GPU fan runs at full speed which creates a loud fan noise, the CPU fan keeps running at normal speed. At this stage, I need to long press the power button to shut it down fully and start it back again.

I got frustrated so I bought a whole new PC without graphic card and below are my new specifications
    AMD Ryzen 5600x
    Gigabyte B550M DS3H Motherboard
    16 GB 3200C RAM (Single G.SKill RAM)
    M.2 NVME 500 GB SSD
    Cooler Master 650W power supply
    Same graphic card Asus GeForce GTX 1050(the new refurbished one)

On this PC I have exactly the same issue as I had on my old PC but this time its more frequent on idle state as well. The PC just shuts down with GPU Fan running at full speed while the CPU and other fans run at normal speed. So i thought my electricity is not stable, but I have UPS which helps to regulate the current. But anyway, I went to my friend's place and I told him to use my pc at his place cause maybe he has a better stable electricity current. He kept it on idle for 12 hours, he had no reboots on my pc. So, I told him to start a game and go afk. He did so and the Pc shut down within an hour. Hence, I told him to swap the graphic cards between his pc and my pc. So, he installed his GTX 1060 on my pc and installed my GTX 1050 on his pc. He started the game on his pc and his PC shut down in roughly 1 hour while my PC was running for 1 and half hours with GTX 1060.

At this point I am unsure what to do even I still think that my graphic card is causing the issue. However, when I called Asus Service Centre, the guy is saying that if the issue is similar to earlier one then the issue is not going to be resolved with another replacement of the same graphic card.

Windows updates is another thing i am curious about. After fresh installation of windows, it installs NVDIA graphic drivers automatically, the version it provides is 432. I have tried the latest drivers from NVDIA; however, the issue is still there after the installation of latest graphic drivers.

Sorry for the long thread, I have been facing this for really long time. Looking for help.

Thanks in Advance PC shuts down / PC Restarts / while using GeForce GTX 1050 :)

:)

2. Brink Win User

NVIDIA Introduces GeForce GTX 1050 and 1050 Ti

Source:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Delivers Great Gaming, Value

Brink, Dec 15, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    NVIDIA Introduces GeForce GTX 1050 and 1050 Ti

Source:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Delivers Great Gaming, Value

Brink, Dec 15, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

1. PC shuts down / PC Restarts / while using GeForce GTX 1050 - Similar Threads - shuts down Restarts

2. PC not shutting down but restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not shutting down but restart: Shutdown button not working. When you click it, the function will be restart. The PC will only restart. Restart button has correct function though. I need help. I dont know this kind of scenario in PC....
  3. PC not shutting down but restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC not shutting down but restart: Shutdown button not working. When you click it, the function will be restart. The PC will only restart. Restart button has correct function though. I need help. I dont know this kind of scenario in PC....
  4. BSOD Win11 with GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Win11 with GeForce GTX 1050 Ti: In this month, there has been some BSOD randomly during the day. I checked yesterday that there was an update to the drivers GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. I updated the drivers via GEFORCE EXPERIENCE, however today got another BSOD, from the memory dump it is possible to see the...
  5. BSOD Win11 with GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Win11 with GeForce GTX 1050 Ti: In this month, there has been some BSOD randomly during the day. I checked yesterday that there was an update to the drivers GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. I updated the drivers via GEFORCE EXPERIENCE, however today got another BSOD, from the memory dump it is possible to see the...
  6. PC shuts down / PC Restarts / while using GeForce GTX 1050

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC shuts down / PC Restarts / while using GeForce GTX 1050: Hello Everybody, I want to write in detail about the issue that I have been facing for more than 7 months. My old PC had below specs: Phenom II X6 1055T Gigabyte Motherboard GA-78LMT-USB3 AM3 4x2 = 8 GB RAM SSD 256 GB HDD 500 GB 450w power supply Asus GeForce GTX 1050 On...
  7. PC shuts down after installing a Nvidia GTX 1050 TI

PC shuts down after installing a Nvidia GTX 1050 TI: My wife got a GeForce GTX 1050 TI, but as soon as she starts a game that require some graphics, the PC turns off. PC Spec: Windows 10 pro 64 bit Intel Core i5 6600K @ 3.50GHz Skylake 14nm Technology 8,00GB RAM 1069MHz ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS VIII RANGER (LGA1151)...
  8. GeForce GTX 1050 & 1050 Ti Launched

GeForce GTX 1050 & 1050 Ti Launched: Source: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 1050 Ti Review - TechSpot Pascal is one of Nvidia's greatest achievements in the past decade. The company's latest GPU architecture took gaming performance to the next level with the GTX 1080 in May and then again with the Titan X only a few...
  9. Introducing NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 and 1050 Ti for laptops

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 and 1050 Ti for laptops: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Unleash your gaming dominance with the revolutionary new GPUs that turn your mobile rig into a sleek, powerful gaming weapon. GeForce® GTX 10-Series GPUs have now come to laptops, powered by the game-changing NVIDIA Pascal™...
  10. NVIDIA Introduces GeForce GTX 1050 and 1050 Ti

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA Introduces GeForce GTX 1050 and 1050 Ti: We’re adding two new gaming GPUs to our award-winning lineup of NVIDIA-Pascal based GPUs — the GeForce GTX 1050, starting at $109, and the GTXD 1050 Ti, starting at $139. Both will let you play your favorite games at a smooth 60 frames-per-second. Built on the same...