Windows 10: PC shuts down shortly after boot

Discus and support PC shuts down shortly after boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Today I had an unusual error that Windows did not start properly and I performed a normal restart. It will shut down now shortly after boot, either at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dscott0616, Oct 7, 2018.

1. PC shuts down shortly after boot

Today I had an unusual error that Windows did not start properly and I performed a normal restart. It will shut down now shortly after boot, either at the log in screen or after I log in, approximately just one minute.

Safe mode runs fine so I'm suspecting there are corrupt drivers somewhere. I did a boot log but don't really know how to analyze it. Most of the drivers are up to date but want to be careful about removing them for a clean install.

What are some suggestions for troubleshooting what is going on? I removed some CPU-heavy programs that I installed for class, like TI Code Composer for MCU programming and debugging.

The boot log contained may instances of the following snippet. Sometimes other devices pop up other than Serial IO, but this particular one shows up hundreds of times:

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED @cmbatt.inf,%acpi\pnp0c0a.devicedesc%;Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
    BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED @cmbatt.inf,%acpi\acpi0003.devicedesc%;Microsoft AC Adapter
    BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED @oem7.inf,%ihswgt2ut%;Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED @halextintclpiodma.inf,%intel_lpss_dma%;Intel(R) Serial IO DMA Controller
    BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED @cpu.inf,%intelppm.devicedesc%;Intel Processor

:)

dscott0616, Oct 7, 2018

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Oct 7, 2018
  3. rinji07 Win User
    BSOD shortly after boot up. wdfilter.sys

Yes sir, last step performed.
    PC shuts down shortly after boot [​IMG]

rinji07, Oct 7, 2018
  4. PC shuts down shortly after boot

PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

PC shuts down shortly after boot

1. PC shuts down shortly after boot - Similar Threads - shuts down shortly

2. PC boots back up after shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC boots back up after shutting down: I have windows 11 and every time i click power off, and shuts off, a second later it will boot back up and usually when this occurs I just turn the pc off by the power supply. How can i fix this issue? I have tried adjusting power plans and automatic startup and still does...
  3. PC boots back up after shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC boots back up after shutting down: I have windows 11 and every time i click power off, and shuts off, a second later it will boot back up and usually when this occurs I just turn the pc off by the power supply. How can i fix this issue? I have tried adjusting power plans and automatic startup and still does...
  4. Pc shuts down after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc shuts down after boot: so every time i boot up my computer and sign in, i wait for two of my apps to open up automatically medal tv, and Nzxt cam. then i open another app/ game for example discord. once i open the desired app my cursor has a blue ring around it and i hear a noise through my...
  5. Pc shuts down after boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc shuts down after boot: so every time i boot up my computer and sign in, i wait for two of my apps to open up automatically medal tv, and Nzxt cam. then i open another app/ game for example discord. once i open the desired app my cursor has a blue ring around it and i hear a noise through my...
  6. Windows 10 PC shuts down after boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 PC shuts down after boot: The Issue: - Self built PC of around 4.5 years old - Started happening yesterday evening - Parts list: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/ The current status of the issue: it either turns off immediately after booting OR, it'll stay on for anywhere between 1-20 mins...
  7. Windows defender shutting down shortly after PC booting up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender shutting down shortly after PC booting up: Can anyone help me figure out why windows defender will not run? Here is the situation: If I restart the PC defender will turn on fine, shortly after booting up it shuts itself off. If I click the 'restart' button under the defender icon in the taskbar it 'thinks' for a...
  8. PC doesn’t shut down after hitting shut down.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC doesn’t shut down after hitting shut down.: I just got a new gaming headset and I plugged it in. It updated drivers and then I went to press shutdown. After pressing shutdown, I turned off my monitor and left the room. I came back into the room and was suprised my pc fan lights and keyboard and mouse lights were still...
  9. Will not Boot after problems with shutting down.

Will not Boot after problems with shutting down.: Lenovo IdeaPad 710S-13ISK i5-6200U Windows 10 Used it on a normal day then all of a sudden it won't shut down. Kept going straight to lock screen. Nothing i tried would shut it down. Except long pressing the power key. Next time i boot the computer it doesn't get to...
  10. Issues booting the PC and shutting it down.

Issues booting the PC and shutting it down.: Hello TenForums members! I'm having some issues with my PC I have never had before. The computer is a personal rig I have personally worked on, but these last weeks some problems started appearing. Problem 1) {Had this problem for months, I think this problem also...