Windows 10: PC shuts down when gaming

Discus and support PC shuts down when gaming in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Whenever I try to game, or run a benchmark test, my system shuts off. This problem seems to of started when installing an additional monitor, though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by georgelove3, Jul 3, 2020.

1. PC shuts down when gaming

Whenever I try to game, or run a benchmark test, my system shuts off. This problem seems to of started when installing an additional monitor, though thats not a guarentee. I am assuming the Problem is with my PSU however, i have checked, and it should provide sufficient wattage. Could it just be faulty...?

Many thanks.

:)

georgelove3, Jul 3, 2020
  2. Nexaddo Win User

MSI GT783R laptop shuts down when playing games

hi everone.

for the past week my MSI GT783R gaming laptop have been shutting down when playing games.
    after starting a game within a minute or 2, the laptop will shut itself off without warning, then start-up again.
    after that it usually shuts off again mid-boot or just after it loaded windows.

a few things i have noticed and tried:
    1) it only happens when the AC charger is plugged in, both when battery is hooked to the laptop or not.
    2) GPU and CPU temps are below 80c when the shut down happens
    3) i already suspected an overheating issue, opened up the laptop, cleaned both CPU and GPU and their heatsinks + fan and applied new thermal paste (Arctic MX-4).
    4) tried using a different AC charger, from my brothers GT780DXR laptop.
    5) i formatted my pc and did a clean windows 7 64-bit install.

despite all of the steps above the issue yet remains.
    i scoured google for the past week with no luck.

please help me!

thanks in advance

Nexaddo, Jul 3, 2020
  3. My pc shuts down when i run asphalt 8 in my pc. What could I do?

Hi Muhammad,

A corrupted game file is one of the possible reasons why your computer shuts down when you play the game Asphalt 8. For us to properly assist you, we need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you having this issue with your other games?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this concern?

Wilfred Mac, Jul 3, 2020
  4. PC shuts down when gaming

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

PC shuts down when gaming

1. PC shuts down when gaming - Similar Threads - shuts down gaming

2. PC shutting down and rebooting when playing steam games. HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shutting down and rebooting when playing steam games. HELP!: Playing steam games makes my pc shut down and restart. specs: Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB Device ID 5D471E6E-387A-4F04-97E2-EA31109528B4 Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA967 System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor...
  3. PC Shutting down while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Shutting down while gaming: Hello,2 months ago, I built a PC. I usually use it for gaming[CSGO, MC] and some web stuff. But I'm experiencing a crash problem. My PC just shut down while I play games. In View Reliability History I found 2 things: 1. Windows was not properly shut downThe previous system...
  4. PC restart when shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC restart when shut down: My PC just started to restart when I press turn off idk why and it’s never happened before it’s just like I press shut down go for a sec and when I back the pc like restarted it’s not happening sec time like when I click turn off again it’s shutting down but the problem is...
  5. PC Shuts Down When Launching a Game Pass Game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Shuts Down When Launching a Game Pass Game: Hello, I've been dealing with an issue for a while now where any time I launch a game pass game on my Win 10 PC the computer shuts down. This does not happen with any other app nor with any games from any other launcher i.e. Steam or Battle Net. I have done all the...
  6. Problem when shutting the PC down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem when shutting the PC down: Whenever I try to shut down my computer a dialog comes up "Someone else is still using this PC. If you shut down now, they could lose unsaved work." There is a button we can click, "Shut down anyway." Who is that "someone else"? No-one else is using the PC. The dialog comes...
  7. PC Shuts Down when on battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Shuts Down when on battery: My Win 10 Home edition PC shuts down when it is on battery. The shutdown occurs after 30 minutes which is my setting for when the PC should sleep on battery power. Everything works fine while battery power until the 30 minutes of non use has the PC go to sleep. Any advice...
  8. PC shuts down

in Windows 10 Support
    PC shuts down: Hello, Can't remember when this started, but the PC shuts down randomly. Power does not cut off, Windows behaves as if it was told to shut down. Happens once a month/two mounts. Don't believe there is a overheating issue. Sleep/hibernate are disabled. It's a desktop....
  9. pc shutting down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pc shutting down: so my pc has been shutting down randomly no error codes or anything straight to black that made me think it was the psu well i replaced it and still persists and the only thing event viewer is showing is this 9 - <Event...
  10. BSOD when shutting down or opening a game.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when shutting down or opening a game.: I can't open dumps from this machine (such as the one attached) with WinDBG and I'm not sure why (I did verify I can open the test dump of the instructions). Code: Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*Symbol information Executable search path is: Unable to load image...