Windows 10: PC shuts down when gaming

Discus and support PC shuts down when gaming in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Whenever I try to game, or run a benchmark test, my system shuts off. This problem seems to of started when installing an additional monitor, though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by georgelove3, Jul 3, 2020.

1. PC shuts down when gaming

Whenever I try to game, or run a benchmark test, my system shuts off. This problem seems to of started when installing an additional monitor, though thats not a guarentee. I am assuming the Problem is with my PSU however, i have checked, and it should provide sufficient wattage. Could it just be faulty...?

Many thanks.

:)

georgelove3, Jul 3, 2020
  2. Nexaddo Win User

MSI GT783R laptop shuts down when playing games

hi everone.

for the past week my MSI GT783R gaming laptop have been shutting down when playing games.
    after starting a game within a minute or 2, the laptop will shut itself off without warning, then start-up again.
    after that it usually shuts off again mid-boot or just after it loaded windows.

a few things i have noticed and tried:
    1) it only happens when the AC charger is plugged in, both when battery is hooked to the laptop or not.
    2) GPU and CPU temps are below 80c when the shut down happens
    3) i already suspected an overheating issue, opened up the laptop, cleaned both CPU and GPU and their heatsinks + fan and applied new thermal paste (Arctic MX-4).
    4) tried using a different AC charger, from my brothers GT780DXR laptop.
    5) i formatted my pc and did a clean windows 7 64-bit install.

despite all of the steps above the issue yet remains.
    i scoured google for the past week with no luck.

please help me!

thanks in advance

Nexaddo, Jul 3, 2020
  3. My pc shuts down when i run asphalt 8 in my pc. What could I do?

Hi Muhammad,

A corrupted game file is one of the possible reasons why your computer shuts down when you play the game Asphalt 8. For us to properly assist you, we need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you having this issue with your other games?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this concern?

Wilfred Mac, Jul 3, 2020
  4. PC shuts down when gaming

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

PC shuts down when gaming

1. PC shuts down when gaming - Similar Threads - shuts down gaming

2. PC shuts down when starting a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shuts down when starting a game: Just built and set up my new PC with Win 11 installed all necessary programs and drivers. When starting a game e.g. Hell let loose it loads for a moment, then the PC fans run on max for a second and the PC shuts down.No error message, it just cuts off.. I opened HWMonitor on...
  3. PC shuts down when starting a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC shuts down when starting a game: Just built and set up my new PC with Win 11 installed all necessary programs and drivers. When starting a game e.g. Hell let loose it loads for a moment, then the PC fans run on max for a second and the PC shuts down.No error message, it just cuts off.. I opened HWMonitor on...
  4. PC shuts down when loading up a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shuts down when loading up a game.: Hi, I've been having this problem for 3 days now and have no idea what it could be.Once I start loading up a game it all seems to be going fine, no extreme usage of my CPU, GPU or RAM. When the game loads up it works for a couple of seconds before completely shutting down, no...
  5. PC shuts down when loading up a game.

PC shuts down when loading up a game.: Hi, I've been having this problem for 3 days now and have no idea what it could be.Once I start loading up a game it all seems to be going fine, no extreme usage of my CPU, GPU or RAM. When the game loads up it works for a couple of seconds before completely shutting down, no...
  6. Games unexpectedly shut down pc

Games unexpectedly shut down pc: As the title says games steam run fine for few minutes then immediately shuts down and sometimes restarts the system. What's weird is few work fine but literally any/everything else I fired up from beefy titles like witcher 3 to several visual novels and indies which run on...
  7. Windows 10 PC shuts down when on a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PC shuts down when on a game: When I'm on game such as roblox, or a game on steam, my PC will shutdown within 10 minutes of playing, no blue screen, straight to a black, empty screen, any help?...
  8. Windows 10 PC shuts down when on a game

Windows 10 PC shuts down when on a game: When I'm on game such as roblox, or a game on steam, my PC will shutdown within 10 minutes of playing, no blue screen, straight to a black, empty screen, any help?...
  9. Windows 10 PC shuts down when on a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. PC Shuts Down When Launching a Game Pass Game

PC Shuts Down When Launching a Game Pass Game: Hello, I've been dealing with an issue for a while now where any time I launch a game pass game on my Win 10 PC the computer shuts down. This does not happen with any other app nor with any games from any other launcher i.e. Steam or Battle Net. I have done all the...