Windows 10: PC shuts down when I press windows icon on keyboard

Discus and support PC shuts down when I press windows icon on keyboard in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Everytime I have heavy programs on the background of my PC and I press the Windows Icon on the keyboard, my PC just shuts down, I was playing a game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nathandemencia, Sep 18, 2020.

1. PC shuts down when I press windows icon on keyboard

Everytime I have heavy programs on the background of my PC and I press the Windows Icon on the keyboard, my PC just shuts down, I was playing a game that's not very heavy Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc if you would life to know, and Discord was open on my second Monitor, after I pressed the Windows Icon on the keyboard it shuts down.

:)

nathandemencia, Sep 18, 2020

2. PC does not shut down requires forece shut down

Hello,

We really appreciate your patience. Let me give you few more troubleshooting steps which might apply to your situation and ascertain the cause of the issue.

• Try removing all the external peripheral devices including all usb drives except keyboard, mouse and monitor and check.
    • Try to shut down the computer while forcing the running applications and check the results in the subsequent restart. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      shutdown -s -f and press enter.

If it still does not help, try to view the Event IDs in Event Viewer to check for specific events triggering the issue.

To view activities in Windows, I suggest you to open the Event Viewer. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Go to the Control Panel and choose to click on the
      Administrative Tools icon.
    • The above action will open up a new window of the Administrative Tools where you will see the
      Event Viewer.

Please write to us with the results.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 18, 2020
  3. HP 15-r029wm Notebook PC windows 10 keyboard not working properly

Hi,

I realize that the keyboard is not working properly. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Ernie San Win User

PC shuts down when I press windows icon on keyboard

Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Ernie San, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

PC shuts down when I press windows icon on keyboard

1. PC shuts down when I press windows icon on keyboard - Similar Threads - shuts down press

2. in windows home version 22H2 when I press start then power then shut down the pc shuts down...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in windows home version 22H2 when I press start then power then shut down the pc shuts down...: in windows home version 22H2 when I press start, then power, then shut down, it shuts down then starts back up on its own. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-home-version-22h2-when-i-press-start/c61c1fea-86ef-4ba5-be6d-0bd94a47800c
  3. in windows home version 22H2 when I press start then power then shut down the pc shuts down...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    in windows home version 22H2 when I press start then power then shut down the pc shuts down...: in windows home version 22H2 when I press start, then power, then shut down, it shuts down then starts back up on its own. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-home-version-22h2-when-i-press-start/c61c1fea-86ef-4ba5-be6d-0bd94a47800c
  4. Computer shuts down when I press sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer shuts down when I press sleep: My pc starts to shutdown when I click sleep and it take around 10 minutes to actually shut down, I restarted it once and it went to sleep like normal after that until I turned it on again and the problem continued. My pc goes through the complete booting up process every...
  5. Computer shuts down when I press sleep

Computer shuts down when I press sleep: My pc starts to shutdown when I click sleep and it take around 10 minutes to actually shut down, I restarted it once and it went to sleep like normal after that until I turned it on again and the problem continued. My pc goes through the complete booting up process every...
  6. PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down: Hi.I got a weird bug with my PC recently. When I shut down the PC by pressing start -> shut down, the screen goes black for a few seconds like it's shutting down, and then I see a lock screen and login again. Reboot works as expected. If run command `shutdown /s` - the PC...
  7. PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down

PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down: Hi.I got a weird bug with my PC recently. When I shut down the PC by pressing start -> shut down, the screen goes black for a few seconds like it's shutting down, and then I see a lock screen and login again. Reboot works as expected. If run command `shutdown /s` - the PC...
  8. My PC getting shut down when I press Windows key-Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC getting shut down when I press Windows key-Windows 10: My PC is getting shut down when I press the Windows key, When I press the left CTRL sound is turning off, and when I press right CTRL browser window is going backward....
  9. When i press left shift my pc shuts down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When i press left shift my pc shuts down: I'm a developer and i was coding on VS Code when this happened, i pressed left shift when i was going to type the name of a function i created and then my pc just shuts down, i already tried starting up press left shift, the pc just shuts down. What do i do...
  10. PC restarts if I press any key on the keyboard even after shut down.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC restarts if I press any key on the keyboard even after shut down.: My PC shut down properly. Every thing in the PC i.e processor fan and other stopped. But even then if I press any key on my key board, my PC again restarts. 83985

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer shuts down when i press windows key

2. i click windows icon on keyboard my pc shutdowns

3. my keyboard keep shutting down my pc when i click the windows key

4. pc shuts down when i press windows button,
  5. windows tab key shutdown automatically,
  6. windows key shuts down my pc,
  7. When I press 1 my pc shuts down