Windows 10: PC Shuts Down When Launching a Game Pass Game

Discus and support PC Shuts Down When Launching a Game Pass Game in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I've been dealing with an issue for a while now where any time I launch a game pass game on my Win 10 PC the computer shuts down. This does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MattBorgman, Dec 7, 2020.

1. PC Shuts Down When Launching a Game Pass Game

Hello,

I've been dealing with an issue for a while now where any time I launch a game pass game on my Win 10 PC the computer shuts down.

This does not happen with any other app nor with any games from any other launcher i.e. Steam or Battle Net.

I have done all the troubleshooting I can find online,

- updated windows

- updated MS Store and Xbox App

- Reset and Repaired the MS Store and the Xbox App

- Uninstalled and reinstalled all the games and the Xbox App itself

- made sure I have no anti virus other than Windows Defender

- Updated my GPU drivers

- Updated all drivers

- Went to settings in MS Store and set this computer as my Offline Device

I am not getting an error on shut down or start up, the computer doesn't even show "your computer shut down due to a problem". I do get Event ID 10016 in the Event Viewer, not sure if that is related as there is another thread about that happening to a lot of PC Game Pass users.

I have been unable to get assistance from Xbox / MS Tech support and so am posting here.

Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

:)

MattBorgman, Dec 7, 2020

2. Can't launch games from Xbox game pass for PC

I have Xbox game pass ultimate, and I can download games from game pass. But when I try to launch the games, it says that they are unavailable in my account. The account with game pass is signed in to both the windows store and the Xbox (Beta) app, so
    I have no idea what is going wrong.

Evilwolf789, Dec 7, 2020
  3. Can't install games with game pass

Hi Ashenath,

If you can’t install Game Pass Games on your PC, follow these suggestions:

Check if you have the right Game Pass

Clear Cache of Xbox Game Pass App

Update to the latest Windows 10 version,viz v1903

Admin privileges for Games

Give Admin privileges for Games

Check Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter

Repair Game if it keeps crashing or doesn’t work

Cannot Sign in to Xbox Live

If these steps didn't work, you can visit this link for further information:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/cant-install-gam...

Feel free to give me feedback about this issue.

Thanks and regards,

RichardGuerzon, Dec 7, 2020
  4. PC Shuts Down When Launching a Game Pass Game

Game Pass games not launching on PC

I bought the PC Game Pass about one month and a half ago, and I started using it with no problems; my 3 main games were Sea of Thieves, Gears of War 4 and Dead Rising 4, and I could play them all with no issues being present.

About two weeks ago, I updated my GPU drivers and installed a Windows Update, and after restarting, none of those games would launch, they would simply crash not even showing the loading progress, except for Sea of Thieves which throws an error saying "This
    app can't be opened, visit the store for more information".

Here are the things I've tried:

-Repairing and reinstalling the games

-Uninstalling the drivers and Windows Update

-Changing both the region and the language

-Signing out and in of my accounts

-Reinstalling the Xbox Beta App

-Resetting the Windows Store

-Clearing cache and temporary memories

-Installing games on both my main HDD and a secondary one

As you can see, I've been trying out a bunch of things with no positive results, is anyone else experiencing this?

It is notable to say that there have been no performance issues related to other games (Steam, Epic, LoL, Battle Net, etc.) so this is purely with games from the Game Pass.

SvartDrage, Dec 7, 2020
Thema:

PC Shuts Down When Launching a Game Pass Game

1. PC Shuts Down When Launching a Game Pass Game - Similar Threads - Shuts Down Launching

2. SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE when launching PC Game Pass Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE when launching PC Game Pass Games: Hello,I have a Legion 5 15ACH6H laptop with 16GB RAM and Nvidia 3060 GPU. Everything is running fine on my machine Steam games, EA games, UBI connect games except for PC Game Pass Games.I recently subscribed to the servicePC game pass and installed State of Decay 2 game. As...
  3. SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE when launching PC Game Pass Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE when launching PC Game Pass Games: Hello,I have a Legion 5 15ACH6H laptop with 16GB RAM and Nvidia 3060 GPU. Everything is running fine on my machine Steam games, EA games, UBI connect games except for PC Game Pass Games.I recently subscribed to the servicePC game pass and installed State of Decay 2 game. As...
  4. SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE when launching PC Game Pass Games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Game pass game launched itself on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game pass game launched itself on PC: So I made another post, can't find it. Yesterday I beat frog detective for windows. Erased game, removed permissions for it. Played high on life and halo infinite after on Xbox.Turned on computer this morning and checked achievement list. Yes I looked before and afterFrog...
  6. game wont launch with pc game pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game wont launch with pc game pass: So im trying to play games on pc using the pc game pass from xbox and every time I launch the games it shows the picture of the game and in the bottum right "signing in...." which will never change or do anything other then that Ive tried re launching reinstalling...
  7. game wont launch with pc game pass

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    game wont launch with pc game pass: So im trying to play games on pc using the pc game pass from xbox and every time I launch the games it shows the picture of the game and in the bottum right "signing in...." which will never change or do anything other then that Ive tried re launching reinstalling...
  8. Game Pass not launching games on Xbox or PC

in Windows 10 News
    Game Pass not launching games on Xbox or PC: [ATTACH]Game Pass is a service from Microsoft that offers games at a discount, few games are available on the same day, and many games are free. If you have bought the game pass subscription but cannot launch the games on Xbox or PC, this post will help you fix the problem....
  9. game pass wont launch pc games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game pass wont launch pc games: when launching flightsimulator for pc being redirected to ms store Gaming Services install which is already installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-pass-wont-launch-pc-games/be2e04a1-947f-49ec-ac5b-cd1b298a2574
  10. Game Pass games not launching on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Pass games not launching on PC: I bought the PC Game Pass about one month and a half ago, and I started using it with no problems; my 3 main games were Sea of Thieves, Gears of War 4 and Dead Rising 4, and I could play them all with no issues being present. About two weeks ago, I updated my GPU drivers...