Windows 10: PC shuts down when put to sleep

Discus and support PC shuts down when put to sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello all,Whenever I try to put my PC to sleep, it seems to shut all the way down. But it turns back on when I move my mouse, I don't have to touch the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DavisArnold, Aug 7, 2021.

1. PC shuts down when put to sleep

Hello all,Whenever I try to put my PC to sleep, it seems to shut all the way down. But it turns back on when I move my mouse, I don't have to touch the power button, and I get a 'windows was not shut down correctly' error in Reliability History. I suspect it is corrupted Windows files. What can I do to fix - should I reinstall the OS?Thanks!

:)

DavisArnold, Aug 7, 2021

2. PC not shutting down or sleeping

Hi Felipe,

There are some factors that we need to consider regarding your concern about the shutting down or sleeping in Windows 10. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• What is the last action taken before this issue happens?
    • Any changes made to your hardware?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
    • Have you also tried
      updating your drivers
      ?

We also found a helpful response from Yashwanth Kotakuri on July 7, 2016 in this

thread
    . This will give you steps that resolve the same issue.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist.

Anthony Gal, Aug 7, 2021
  3. claylomax Win User
    Shutting down, hibernating, or sleeping?

Speaking of ... I just built a new PC with an AMD Kaveri and Windows 7 64 and the option sleep is greyed out, I get shut down and hibernate; it's funny, on my PC (see specs) I get sleep and shut down not hibernate. I tried the bios but I'm clueless. Any ideas?

claylomax, Aug 7, 2021
  4. Heshie75v Win User

PC shuts down when put to sleep

PC shuts down after trying to wake from sleep mode.

After my Win 10 PC goes into the sleep mode and I try to wake it, the PC just shuts itself down.
    I have not tried much of anything to fix this. Any suggestions ?
    Thanks

Heshie75v, Aug 7, 2021
Thema:

PC shuts down when put to sleep

1. PC shuts down when put to sleep - Similar Threads - shuts down put

2. My PC shuts down when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC shuts down when put to sleep: My PC shuts down when put to sleep, whenever I start-up but I don't login the sleep works just fine but when I login it doesn't work. When I put it to sleep the screen turns off and goes into sleep mode and I can hear something shut down I think it's the hard drive but the...
  3. My PC shuts down when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC shuts down when put to sleep: My PC shuts down when put to sleep, whenever I start-up but I don't login the sleep works just fine but when I login it doesn't work. When I put it to sleep the screen turns off and goes into sleep mode and I can hear something shut down I think it's the hard drive but the...
  4. Automatic shut down of applications when putting the PC on sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic shut down of applications when putting the PC on sleep: As titled. This has happened sometime for a few months now. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-shut-down-of-applications-when-putting/1a1c7062-6695-408b-8e67-a107764f7c68
  5. Automatic shut down of applications when putting the PC on sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic shut down of applications when putting the PC on sleep: As titled. This has happened sometime for a few months now. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-shut-down-of-applications-when-putting/1a1c7062-6695-408b-8e67-a107764f7c68
  6. PC shuts down randomly when I put it in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shuts down randomly when I put it in sleep mode: Randomly whenever I put my PC into sleep mode, when I come pack and turn it on it acts as if I had shut it down. When i run the powercfg -systempowerreport that says its an abnormal shutdown. In the event logs, it creates most notably an error and a critical error message....
  7. laptop shuts down when put in sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop shuts down when put in sleep: this started after dell put on bios update and windows updates. Dell does not respond. is there something you can help me with? Could this be a windows power issue? HELP...
  8. Computer shuts down when put to sleep

Computer shuts down when put to sleep: When I close the lid of my new laptop, it shuts down instead of staying in sleep mode. I've triple checked that the computer is set to Sleep (NOT Shut Down) when the lid is closed. It seems to Sleep for a short time, then Shut Down. Battery at 90%, so that isn't the issue. I...
  9. Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode: Hi all first time poster, So I'm having a major problem that I can't seem to fix. When I close the lid of my laptop, put it into sleep mode, or put it into hibernation mode, the laptop basically shuts down. The power light flashes on and off, but when I reopen the lid or...
  10. PC shutting down incorrectly/not going to sleep when put in sleep mode

PC shutting down incorrectly/not going to sleep when put in sleep mode: My computer keeps shutting down after I put it into sleep mode, then when i start it back up it says that it shut down incorrectly. This does not happen all the time, only sporadically. Other times it will not go into sleep mode altogether! Interesting, I had this problem...