Windows 10: PC shuts down when set to Sleep.

Discus and support PC shuts down when set to Sleep. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This PC shuts down even though it is set to Sleep and must be signed in again each time Windows is re-opened. In Power and Sleep settings both Display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by klaro 1590, Dec 27, 2020.

1. PC shuts down when set to Sleep.

This PC shuts down even though it is set to Sleep and must be signed in again each time Windows is re-opened.

In Power and Sleep settings both Display are Sleep set at Never. who UNPLUGS their PC?

In Additional Power Settings HP recommended Power Balance is set.

Beneath is a question : Turn off display...then a selection of times or Never.

Put Pc to sleep...same selection.

Do Display and Sleep not turn off automatically and immediately when Power button of choice is selected?

Not much of the entire Power Setting details is very concise or helpful.

Once again, I am confused by changes to my PC after a Windows update. This one was v. 2004.

All I need to know is what settings are the most commonly used ones? Can anyone explain?

:)

klaro 1590, Dec 27, 2020

2. PC not shutting down or sleeping

Hi Felipe,

There are some factors that we need to consider regarding your concern about the shutting down or sleeping in Windows 10. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• What is the last action taken before this issue happens?
    • Any changes made to your hardware?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
    • Have you also tried
      updating your drivers
      ?

We also found a helpful response from Yashwanth Kotakuri on July 7, 2016 in this

thread
    . This will give you steps that resolve the same issue.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist.

Anthony Gal, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Dec 27, 2020
  4. PC shuts down when set to Sleep.

Change Sleep settings to keep the PC awake while copying data from external drive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that your PC is shutting down itself when you are copying some data through external storage.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    2. Do you face the same issue with all the external devices or only with one particular?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try changing the sleep setting options and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows +
      I key to open Settings.
    2. Click on System and then click on
      Power & sleep.
    3. Under Sleep change the settings to
      Never.

Once you change the settings the PC will not go to Sleep mode/shut down itself until you choose to do it.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

PC shuts down when set to Sleep.

1. PC shuts down when set to Sleep. - Similar Threads - shuts down set

2. My PC shuts down when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC shuts down when put to sleep: My PC shuts down when put to sleep, whenever I start-up but I don't login the sleep works just fine but when I login it doesn't work. When I put it to sleep the screen turns off and goes into sleep mode and I can hear something shut down I think it's the hard drive but the...
  3. My PC shuts down when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC shuts down when put to sleep: My PC shuts down when put to sleep, whenever I start-up but I don't login the sleep works just fine but when I login it doesn't work. When I put it to sleep the screen turns off and goes into sleep mode and I can hear something shut down I think it's the hard drive but the...
  4. pc shuts down after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc shuts down after sleep: the pc shuts down when i wake it from sleep mode, that issue happened last months i geuss but i restarted it and it was solved but now it happened again and i need to slove it so i hope someone help me....
  5. PC shuts down when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC shuts down when put to sleep: Hello all,Whenever I try to put my PC to sleep, it seems to shut all the way down. But it turns back on when I move my mouse, I don't have to touch the power button, and I get a 'windows was not shut down correctly' error in Reliability History. I suspect it is corrupted...
  6. "Sleep" is shutting down pc.

in Windows 10 Support
    "Sleep" is shutting down pc.: my pc used to "go to sleep" without any issue. latly ive install my windows on protable ssd drive, and since then "Sleep" is shutting down pc. the option "sleep" is visible but i acutually turning of pc. what does this happen? is it related to the fact the the system is...
  7. Power Settings: PC shuts down when set to Sleep

Power Settings: PC shuts down when set to Sleep: Since Windows installed v. 2004 this PC shuts off each time I close a program. It is set to Sleep. My settings are: Power and Sleep... SCREEN: turn off = NEVER SLEEP: goes to sleep = NEVER Additional Power Settings... Preferred...
  8. Shutting Down when supposed to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shutting Down when supposed to sleep: For the past 3 weeks, I close my computer and it shuts down when I want it to sleep. I am not telling it to do this, it does this automatically. I thought a recent update would fix it, but the problem has not been resolved. What steps should I take?...
  9. PC Shutting Down Instead of Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Shutting Down Instead of Sleep: Lately I've been noticing that most of the time when my PC goes to sleep, it ends up shutting down. Windows and my Nvidia drivers are up to date if that makes a difference, 20H2 and 457.09. Has anyone else started experiencing this or know any way to fix it? Thanks!...
  10. Laptop is set to sleep when inactive but it shuts down instead

Laptop is set to sleep when inactive but it shuts down instead: I've seen this problem mentioned online by many other people and also have seen many solutions. I am running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. The computer used to sleep properly but not now. Is there any way to diagnose the cause of the problem so that the solution can be...