Windows 10: PC shuts off instead of sleeping, both manually and automatically.

Discus and support PC shuts off instead of sleeping, both manually and automatically. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello all,I've been having an ongoing issue that googling can't seem to answer so far. Some time ago my desktop PC I specify that because this seems to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MaximumMalcolm, Aug 26, 2021.

1. PC shuts off instead of sleeping, both manually and automatically.

Hello all,I've been having an ongoing issue that googling can't seem to answer so far. Some time ago my desktop PC I specify that because this seems to be a common problem for laptops started to fully shut off when it should just go to sleep. Doesn't matter if its the automatic sleep or if I manually hit the sleep button, it fully shuts down and requires a full restart to be used again. I've tried the power troubleshooter. I've tried the additional power "choose what the power buttons do" tip. I've seen people have success with updating a specific Intel driver but I am on AMD. At somewhat of

:)

MaximumMalcolm, Aug 26, 2021

2. Computer shuts down instead of going in to sleep mode

Since two weeks my Dell laptop is shutting down every time when:

• Closing the laptop
    • Pressing the power button short
    • Manually via the Start Menu
    All these options are set to Sleep Mode and not Shut Down.

EgonMeijers, Aug 26, 2021
  3. PC won't sleep; will shut down instead

Whenever I put my Windows PC to sleep, it suspends normally, then tries to wake up from sleep and shuts down unexpectedly. I have to manually turn it on again. Don't know that it's causing this issue. I already ran the Power Troubleshooter and it says nothing
    is wrong with the PC. I'll leave my specs down so you can check if something is wrong. I'm using a Ryzen 5 2400G with integrated Vega graphics. No OC for CPU nor GPU, except the RAM frequencies to 3200mhz (which are my real RAM frequencies). I tried everything,
    changed power plug, changed PC location, changed ErP on my BIOS to S4 + S5 but that didn't do anything except turning off my RGB.

I read online the PSU might cause this issue but I'm unable to test another one because I only have this one. I think the PC is unable to retain enough power to "sleep" the PC. I've even noticed my iPhone takes way too long to charge on my front USB ports
    (haven't tested the ones on the back). Another issue is that the PC power chord is way too sensitive. If I move the PC lightly it'll shut down because the back chord is loose. I'm really frustrated with this problem, anyone has any advice?

• Ryzen 5 2400G
    • Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x8GB @3200mhz
    • ASUS ROG Strix B350-F Gaming
    • Seagate Barracuda 2TB
    • EVGA 600w B 80+ Bronze
    • NZXT S340 White.
    Thank you for your support.

Carlos-Romero, Aug 26, 2021
  4. David Haz Win User

PC shuts off instead of sleeping, both manually and automatically.

Computer shuts down instead of going in to sleep mode

Hello,

You may put your device to Sleep by following the steps here in

Shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC
    and see if it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

David Haz, Aug 26, 2021
Thema:

PC shuts off instead of sleeping, both manually and automatically.

1. PC shuts off instead of sleeping, both manually and automatically. - Similar Threads - shuts off instead

2. PC Shut off automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Shut off automatically: Hello Microsoft TeamRandom or unexpectedly shutdowns or RebootsI can't understand my pc problemMy computer is hardware issuesI boot my pc on biosBIOS mode pc don't overload on pcBut my pc is shut off on BIOS :-10 years ago I use old CPU FANMy Motherboard has changedRAM has...
  3. PC Shut off automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Shut off automatically: Hello Microsoft TeamRandom or unexpectedly shutdowns or RebootsI can't understand my pc problemMy computer is hardware issuesI boot my pc on biosBIOS mode pc don't overload on pcBut my pc is shut off on BIOS :-10 years ago I use old CPU FANMy Motherboard has changedRAM has...
  4. Shutting down instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutting down instead of sleeping: When I put it on sleep, it automatically shuts down. I have to force restart every time and loose all my work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutting-down-instead-of-sleeping/b554dbef-82c7-49ea-ba8a-38c45e25613e
  5. Shutting down instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutting down instead of sleeping: When I put it on sleep, it automatically shuts down. I have to force restart every time and loose all my work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutting-down-instead-of-sleeping/b554dbef-82c7-49ea-ba8a-38c45e25613e
  6. PC Shutting Down Instead of Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Shutting Down Instead of Sleep: Lately I've been noticing that most of the time when my PC goes to sleep, it ends up shutting down. Windows and my Nvidia drivers are up to date if that makes a difference, 20H2 and 457.09. Has anyone else started experiencing this or know any way to fix it? Thanks!...
  7. PC Shutting down instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Shutting down instead of going to sleep: I have put my computer to sleep every night for years and all the sudden it will not go to sleep any more. When I'm done with my work, I go to start > (power icon) > sleep and the screen goes black. Usually at this point a couple seconds later the fans would stop and the...
  8. PC shutting down instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC shutting down instead of sleeping: Hi, I recently changed the SSD on my ASUS UX430UN and upgraded it to a Crucial 1Tb SSD. I have GRUB to handle dual boot Windows and Linux. When using Windows, often the pc will shut down after going to sleep requiring to hold the power button to hard restart it, or it will...
  9. Computer Shutting Off Instead of Sleeping

Computer Shutting Off Instead of Sleeping: Since October (the October update, I think), my computer is shutting down instead of sleeping. Trouble shooter or other solutions I have found here not working. (Reason #465 I wish I could have control over these awful updates.) Suggestions? Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Version...
  10. Monitor shuts off instead of going to sleep in Windows 10

Monitor shuts off instead of going to sleep in Windows 10: I've only had this problem since using Windows 10, and it keeps returning. After a fresh reinstall the screen sleep function works properly, but eventually something gets borked and instead of going to sleep, it shuts off. Normally in sleep mode moving the mouse or tapping a...