Windows 10: Pc shuts off when I hit to sleep

Discus and support Pc shuts off when I hit to sleep in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This problem recently started where when I click to sleep on my pc, all the lights will stay on and the fans will run for a few minutes before they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BrycinHolland, May 19, 2023.

1. Pc shuts off when I hit to sleep

This problem recently started where when I click to sleep on my pc, all the lights will stay on and the fans will run for a few minutes before they stop, and then when I turn it back on, it’s restarts, meaning my pc shut down instead of sleeping. I sometimes get a blue screen saying something went wrong and sometimes I don’t get it. I’m not sure what to do, and I don’t want to have to shut my pc down every time I get off of it because it won’t sleep. Another small detail is that when it starts back up from shutting down I can put it to sleep and it does like it should, but then it seems that t

:)

BrycinHolland, May 19, 2023

2. PC not shutting down or sleeping

Hi Felipe,

There are some factors that we need to consider regarding your concern about the shutting down or sleeping in Windows 10. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• What is the last action taken before this issue happens?
    • Any changes made to your hardware?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
    • Have you also tried
      updating your drivers
      ?

We also found a helpful response from Yashwanth Kotakuri on July 7, 2016 in this

thread
    . This will give you steps that resolve the same issue.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist.

Anthony Gal, May 19, 2023
  3. claylomax Win User
    Shutting down, hibernating, or sleeping?

Speaking of ... I just built a new PC with an AMD Kaveri and Windows 7 64 and the option sleep is greyed out, I get shut down and hibernate; it's funny, on my PC (see specs) I get sleep and shut down not hibernate. I tried the bios but I'm clueless. Any ideas?

claylomax, May 19, 2023
  4. Pc shuts off when I hit to sleep

Windows 10 on Dell Inspiron 15R 5520 won't sleep, shut down in place of sleep

Hello Tim,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with sleep issue in Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

This issue could have o cured due to incorrect settings or corrupted power settings on your system. We suggest you to follow the suggestions from the link below and check if it works:

Redirecting

For further reference check the steps provided in the link:

Shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC

Let us know the results. we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 19, 2023
Thema:

Pc shuts off when I hit to sleep

1. Pc shuts off when I hit to sleep - Similar Threads - shuts off hit

2. Pc shuts off when i put it to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc shuts off when i put it to sleep: This problem recently started where when I click to sleep on my pc, all the lights will stay on and the fans will run for a few minutes before they stop, and then when I turn it back on, it’s restarts, meaning my pc shut down instead of sleeping. I sometimes get a blue screen...
  3. Pc shuts off when i put it to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc shuts off when i put it to sleep: This problem recently started where when I click to sleep on my pc, all the lights will stay on and the fans will run for a few minutes before they stop, and then when I turn it back on, it’s restarts, meaning my pc shut down instead of sleeping. I sometimes get a blue screen...
  4. Pc shuts off when i put it to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pc shuts off when I hit to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc shuts off when I hit to sleep: This problem recently started where when I click to sleep on my pc, all the lights will stay on and the fans will run for a few minutes before they stop, and then when I turn it back on, it’s restarts, meaning my pc shut down instead of sleeping. I sometimes get a blue screen...
  6. Pc shuts off when I hit to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc shuts off when I hit to sleep: This problem recently started where when I click to sleep on my pc, all the lights will stay on and the fans will run for a few minutes before they stop, and then when I turn it back on, it’s restarts, meaning my pc shut down instead of sleeping. I sometimes get a blue screen...
  7. Why does my pc shut off when i hit a key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my pc shut off when i hit a key: My pc shuts off when i hit insert key WHY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-pc-shut-off-when-i-hit-a-key/bc569c22-3ba4-4659-8f3b-3b80b1156e25
  8. Why does my pc shut off when i hit a key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my pc shut off when i hit a key: My pc shuts off when i hit insert key WHY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-pc-shut-off-when-i-hit-a-key/bc569c22-3ba4-4659-8f3b-3b80b1156e25
  9. Why does my pc shut off when i hit a key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. PC ethernet shuts off when pc enters sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC ethernet shuts off when pc enters sleep mode.: Recently my ethernet connection from desktop to the router shuts off whenever the pc enters sleep mode, or if I power it down. Never used to do this. Tried changing the power mgt settings for the Reattec controller device manager but no luck. Work-around is to never enter...