Windows 10: PC shutting down after 20min

Discus and support PC shutting down after 20min in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello guys, I got a problem. I built myself a new PC today. I'm gonna list my specs right now incase this might be helpful: Ryzen 5 3600 MSI Radeon R9... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/csGandalf, Nov 15, 2020.

1. PC shutting down after 20min

Hello guys, I got a problem. I built myself a new PC today. I'm gonna list my specs right now incase this might be helpful: Ryzen 5 3600 MSI Radeon R9 280x ( it'll be upgraded soon, don't worry PC shutting down after 20min ;) ) MSI MPG B550 Gaming plus bequiet System Power 9 600w 2x8 GB 3200MHz DDR4 by Corsair 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 bequiet Pure Loop 120

I began by installing Windows 10 (USB). This worked fine, just as always. I tried to continue by installing necessary drivers. During this period my PC crashes everytime without any sign of warning whatsoever. It wouldn't reboot into Windows either, so I had to format my SSD via CMD. I therefore reinstalled Windows and continued by letting Windows install it's updates first and planned to install the drivers later. Unfortunately Windows crashed again after 20 minutes. It didn't reboot into Windows this time either, so I formated my SSD again and reinstalled it. I tried this process again several times, but it just wouldn't work as planned. I got a brand new Windows installation file on my USB and my hardware seems to work flawlessly aswell. I really don't have the slightest idea what could be wrong and would really appreciate your professional support. Thanks to everyone reading this.

submitted by /u/csGandalf
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/csGandalf, Nov 15, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 15, 2020
  3. PC does not shut down requires forece shut down

Hello,

We really appreciate your patience. Let me give you few more troubleshooting steps which might apply to your situation and ascertain the cause of the issue.

• Try removing all the external peripheral devices including all usb drives except keyboard, mouse and monitor and check.
    • Try to shut down the computer while forcing the running applications and check the results in the subsequent restart. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      shutdown -s -f and press enter.

If it still does not help, try to view the Event IDs in Event Viewer to check for specific events triggering the issue.

To view activities in Windows, I suggest you to open the Event Viewer. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Go to the Control Panel and choose to click on the
      Administrative Tools icon.
    • The above action will open up a new window of the Administrative Tools where you will see the
      Event Viewer.

Please write to us with the results.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 15, 2020
  4. PC shutting down after 20min

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

PC shutting down after 20min

1. PC shutting down after 20min - Similar Threads - shutting down 20min

2. pc no display after shutting down?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc no display after shutting down?: i closed my pc by shutting it down and when i tried opening it again it has no display i reseated the ram and bios nothing works tried removing gpu and using motherboard still no display?pc sepcsprocessor i7 9700gpu getforce rtx 1650more details in the pic i took before it...
  3. pc no display after shutting down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc no display after shutting down?: i closed my pc by shutting it down and when i tried opening it again it has no display i reseated the ram and bios nothing works tried removing gpu and using motherboard still no display?pc sepcsprocessor i7 9700gpu getforce rtx 1650more details in the pic i took before it...
  4. pc no display after shutting down?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pc shuts down after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc shuts down after boot: so every time i boot up my computer and sign in, i wait for two of my apps to open up automatically medal tv, and Nzxt cam. then i open another app/ game for example discord. once i open the desired app my cursor has a blue ring around it and i hear a noise through my...
  6. PC turns on after Shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns on after Shut down: Hello there,to fully explain the situation:My computer turns itself on after pressing a key on my keyboard after I shut it down. I noticed this only occurs when my pc is put to sleep and woken up before I turn it off.I assume it might be a bug connected to the wake up...
  7. pc shuts down after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc shuts down after sleep: the pc shuts down when i wake it from sleep mode, that issue happened last months i geuss but i restarted it and it was solved but now it happened again and i need to slove it so i hope someone help me....
  8. pc shuts down after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc shuts down after sleep: the pc shuts down when i wake it from sleep mode, that issue happened last months i geuss but i restarted it and it was solved but now it happened again and i need to slove it so i hope someone help me....
  9. PC doesn’t shut down after hitting shut down.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC doesn’t shut down after hitting shut down.: I just got a new gaming headset and I plugged it in. It updated drivers and then I went to press shutdown. After pressing shutdown, I turned off my monitor and left the room. I came back into the room and was suprised my pc fan lights and keyboard and mouse lights were still...
  10. PC shuts down after turning it on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC shuts down after turning it on: Hello. I have a problem with my pc. I have windows 10 installed, and have formatted and installed windows all over again trying to fix this problem but it didn't do it. When I turn on my pc, the windows logo appears for a few seconds and then the computer shuts off. When I...