Windows 10: PC shutting down and rebooting when playing steam games. HELP!

Discus and support PC shutting down and rebooting when playing steam games. HELP! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Playing steam games makes my pc shut down and restart. specs: Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB Device ID... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Luk1GT, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Luk1GT Win User

PC shutting down and rebooting when playing steam games. HELP!

Playing steam games makes my pc shut down and restart. specs: Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB Device ID 5D471E6E-387A-4F04-97E2-EA31109528B4 Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA967 System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎9/‎19/‎2021 OS build 19043.1237 RTX 2060 SuperRuns games and benchmarks not related to steam completely fine. Heaven benchmark completes with no crash. When playing any steam game, it ends up shutting down my pc after around 5-10 mins. please help, been try

:)

Luk1GT, Sep 20, 2021

2. PC reboots randomly when playing games in steam

Hello,

So for the past month my PC has just reboots, it reboots when I play games on steam mainly. But its not because its overheating, because I check my AMD OverDrive and the temps are fine. I also unchecked "Automatically restart" under system failure, but it
    still does it.

Also I did a SFC and nothing was wrong, and a DISM which didn't help at all. Neither does View event logs, but I don't know what it means.

The screens suddenly turn black and there's a glitching noise in the speaker.. Not sure why I have tried anything I can, I appreciate the help

PC Reboots, no warnings- Original Title

BradleyMcSheffrey, Sep 20, 2021
  3. PC reboots randomly when playing games in steam

Hi Bradley,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

2. Does the issue occur when you play offline games as well?

3. Does the issue arise when you launch normal desktop applications?

For now, I suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the steam application and check if the issue replicates. Also try to play games on other online sites and check

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 20, 2021
  4. PC shutting down and rebooting when playing steam games. HELP!

Steam

Hi Sam,

There are several reasons why you are unable to play the game that you installed using the Steam Client. It is possible that the app is corrupted or the permission settings are not enabled on your PC. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you reset the
    app.

This process can help restore corrupted game installation files. Here's how:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    • Select System, and then select Apps & features.
    • Find the game, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

You may visit this
    link
    for the instructions on how to enable app permissions on your PC.

Make sure that you are using an administrator account to launch the app. If you are still experiencing the same issue, remove the
    ClientRegistry.blob file by following the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client and go to the Steam root folder or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam.
    • Look for the ClientRegistry.blob file.
    • Make a copy of the file and change it to a different file name. (for example, copy.ClientRegistry.blog)
    • Delete the original file.
    • Launch the Steam Client and run your game again.

If the issue persists, you may relocate the Steam Client by performing the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client app and go to the Steam installation folder.
    • Browse for the installation files that you would like to move.
    • Delete all of the files inside that folder except the SteamApps & Userdata and Steam.exe.
    • You may cut and paste the whole Steam installation folder to a default storage location on your PC.
    • Launch the app again and make sure to log in using your account.

After signing in, you'll need to change the default installation path for the games that you will install in the future. Here's how:

• Launch the Steam Client and go to the Settings
      menu.Select Steam Library Folders from the
      Downloads tab.
    • You may create a new path by selecting Add Library Folder. All future installations will go directly to the newly created path.
    • Right-click on the newly created path and make sure that it is set to default.

If you are still unable to play your games using the Steam Client, we recommend that you contact
    Steam Support directly for additional solutions in fixing the app and its components.

Should you have any other queries, you can contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Sep 20, 2021
Thema:

PC shutting down and rebooting when playing steam games. HELP!

1. PC shutting down and rebooting when playing steam games. HELP! - Similar Threads - shutting down rebooting

2. PC Shutting down while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Shutting down while playing games: My PC will randomly start shutting down when I'm playing most games Rocket League, Rust, Payday3, Cult of the Lamb. I tried troubleshooting with EventViewer to see any problems but the only reports I get are DistributedCOM events which seemingly don't mean anything. I'm...
  3. PC Shutting down while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Shutting down while playing games: My PC will randomly start shutting down when I'm playing most games Rocket League, Rust, Payday3, Cult of the Lamb. I tried troubleshooting with EventViewer to see any problems but the only reports I get are DistributedCOM events which seemingly don't mean anything. I'm...
  4. PC crashes and shuts down when trying to play games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes and shuts down when trying to play games: No matter how good or bad the video game is with a few rare games - gta, wrestling empire my pc crashes when clicking start to play a game the error log is below, any help would be appreciated - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System>...
  5. PC crashes and shuts down when trying to play games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashes and shuts down when trying to play games: No matter how good or bad the video game is with a few rare games - gta, wrestling empire my pc crashes when clicking start to play a game the error log is below, any help would be appreciated - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System>...
  6. PC crashes and shuts down when trying to play games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My PC shut down fast when i play games

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC shut down fast when i play games: Recently, my pc shut down fast when i play games and i have to put it in charge but when i use it for normal use it is ok and last for a long time. is there is any solution for that?...
  8. PC reboots a couple of minutes into playing any steam game

PC reboots a couple of minutes into playing any steam game: Hi, My pc keeps rebooting every time I play any of the steam games Ive recently installed- Assetto Corsa and American Truck simulator. No error message shows up and it just restarts the whole system I've disabled the 'Automatically restart' in the advanced power options...
  9. PC shuts down when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shuts down when gaming: Whenever I try to game, or run a benchmark test, my system shuts off. This problem seems to of started when installing an additional monitor, though thats not a guarentee. I am assuming the Problem is with my PSU however, i have checked, and it should provide sufficient...
  10. Help? PC reboots when playing games sometimes?

Help? PC reboots when playing games sometimes?: [ATTACH] and this is the error i keep getting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-pc-reboots-when-playing-games-sometimes/32039459-405c-495e-a1d9-7a1c39ce50d7

Users found this page by searching for:

1. steam games shutting down my computer

2. only steam games cause computer to shut down