Windows 10: PC shutting down at random since KB4541335.

Discus and support PC shutting down at random since KB4541335. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I have a big problem with my PC. Since I installed KB4541335 I am getting unexpected shutdowns. My system is: Athlon X4 845 8GB RAM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by warren_UK, May 3, 2020.

1. warren_UK Win User

PC shutting down at random since KB4541335.

Hello.

I have a big problem with my PC. Since I installed KB4541335 I am getting unexpected shutdowns.

My system is:

Athlon X4 845

8GB RAM

Biostar Motherboard

Various AMD GPU's RX560, RX580 and R7 260X - I've been on a buying binge at the moment.

2 x SSD's and one HD connected to SATA.

Bitfenix Formula 650W PSU.

This PC has been rock solid since I built it in October last year. I dual boot with Linux and use that more than 50% of the time and I have never had a shutdown in Linux which to me points to it being a Windows issue.

The PC just shuts down - there are no blue screens. This happens once every few days - sometimes maybe more frequent sometimes maybe less.

I have logged the dates and times of a few of the shutdowns and I have been looking in even viewer but I am not sure what to look at TBH.

I have some hardware errors that show livekernelevent errors codes 117 and 141.

I am at a loss as to what this could be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

warren_UK, May 3, 2020

2. KB4541335 causes gibberish system output

I'm running Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS build 18363.752)

Installation of KB4541335 causes system output to be gibberish.

For example, "recycle bin" becomes "oonmm0000".

I wanted to remove KB4541335 but the listing of installed updates was unreadable.

In my system it appears that the default language pack (English (US)) was trashed.

I was able to resolve the issue by making English(Canadian) the default language pack.

I am undecided about removing KB4541335 because there are some fixes that are useful to me

Any advice would be appreciated.

skilledbachelor, May 3, 2020
  3. ilgoldman Win User
    Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused PC shutting down at random since KB4541335. :confused:*Mad PC shutting down at random since KB4541335. :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, May 3, 2020
  4. MauiD1 Win User

Update KB4541335

Good day,

Having an issue with the KB4541335 update.

Windows update gives message "we couldn't install this update but you can try again (0x800f0831).

After several attempts it still does not install.

I have also tried to download and manually install the .msu file.

It will give result "did not install the update KB4541335"

I also noticed the last days I have to validate Windows 10 frequently with the troubleshooter.

It seems to "unvalidate" my Windows account.

Pleased to hear how to solve this

MauiD1, May 3, 2020
Thema:

1. PC shutting down at random since KB4541335. - Similar Threads - shutting down random

2. Pc shutting down randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc shutting down randomly: I've had some frequent issues with this in the past and it has started happening again. My pc after or in-between games decides to make the screen pitch black and it just stops working altogether with the fans at max speed until I force the pc to shut off completely, I have...
  3. Pc shutting down randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc shutting down randomly: I've had some frequent issues with this in the past and it has started happening again. My pc after or in-between games decides to make the screen pitch black and it just stops working altogether with the fans at max speed until I force the pc to shut off completely, I have...
  4. PC Shuts down randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Shuts down randomly: Hello. my PC has a weird problem for the last month and i dont know if i need to point on the PSU, RAM or GPUEverytime i watch youtube at fullscreen my pc cuts off with no error or event that explains it on the Event Viewer in addition to that, the Event Viewer does not log 5...
  5. PC Shuts down randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Shuts down randomly: Hello. my PC has a weird problem for the last month and i dont know if i need to point on the PSU, RAM or GPUEverytime i watch youtube at fullscreen my pc cuts off with no error or event that explains it on the Event Viewer in addition to that, the Event Viewer does not log 5...
  6. PC randomly shuts down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC randomly shuts down: Let’s start off with specsGPU: GTX 1660 SuperCPU: AMD 2600RAM: T-Force 16-2400 ramAlright. Now, onto the problem. A week or two ago, a problem happened where my pc would shut down when I was playing games and when I tried to turn it back on, it turned back on and shut down a...
  7. Random pc shut down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random pc shut down: Am Edward my laptop randomly shuts down after booting when it come back on a blue screen appears with information code processor died have tried everything but the laptop keeps shutting down...
  8. PC not shutting down since update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC not shutting down since update: My windows 10 PC has been running perfectly fine for the last 4 years. Two weeks ago it did a small update and now my PC refuses to shutdown, it just enters sleep mode. I have run sfc and DISM. I have turned off fast start up and and set the sleep option in power settings to...
  9. PC randomly shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC randomly shutting down: this is the error code im getting in full : Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 117 Parameter 1: ffff9b028f818060 Parameter 2: fffff8071bbf6b34 Parameter 3: 0...
  10. PC randomly shuts down.

in Windows 10 Support
    PC randomly shuts down.: Hi, I have a dell xps 8300 running windows 10 pro v1511 which was clean installed a few weeks ago. Sometimes when I cold boot my computer the computer shuts down unexpectedly on the windows 10 splash screen. I have unplugged everything from my PSU apart from my windows...