Windows 10: PC shutting down in sleep mode unexpectedly!

Discus and support PC shutting down in sleep mode unexpectedly! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro | Version: 20H2 | Build: 19042.630 I am having a problem with Windows 10 Pro 20H2 - PC runs fine until putting it to sleep, it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/davidcopher, Nov 22, 2020.

1. PC shutting down in sleep mode unexpectedly!

Windows 10 Pro | Version: 20H2 | Build: 19042.630

I am having a problem with Windows 10 Pro 20H2 - PC runs fine until putting it to sleep, it is shutting down unexpectedly when I put it in sleep mode. After 3-4 seconds of sleep, it just unexpectedly shut down. Windows Event Viewer reporting with Event 41, Kernal-Power. “The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.” During crashing, no minidump file created.

Anyone having this issue? Also, any solution to this help would be extremely helpful. Thanks in advance.

Troubleshooting tried so far:

Tested with fresh Windows 10 OS.

Reflashed BIOS to the older version.

Tried a different version of Intel Management Engine.

Updated display driver and old version tested.

No overclocking.

Different sets of RAMS.

Different HDD.

Different GPU.

Nothing seems to fix the sleep mode issue.

submitted by /u/davidcopher
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/davidcopher, Nov 22, 2020
  2. xarzu Win User

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

xarzu, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Sleep mode

Hi,

This issue with sleep mode could have happened due to corrupted or outdated drivers. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you update your drivers. You can follow the steps provided in this

article

If the issue still persists, we also suggest that you change the settings in your Windows 10. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    . This will give you steps to shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Heshie75v Win User

PC shutting down in sleep mode unexpectedly!

PC shuts down after trying to wake from sleep mode.

After my Win 10 PC goes into the sleep mode and I try to wake it, the PC just shuts itself down.
    I have not tried much of anything to fix this. Any suggestions ?
    Thanks

Heshie75v, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

PC shutting down in sleep mode unexpectedly!

1. PC shutting down in sleep mode unexpectedly! - Similar Threads - shutting down sleep

2. PC unexpectedly shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC unexpectedly shutting down: While my PC idles, it will sometimes shut down for seemingly no reason. This is occurring on a new prebuilt PC, and has doesn't have anything to do with an automatic hard disk shut down. I have the dump files for all the occurrences....
  3. PC unexpectedly shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC unexpectedly shutting down: While my PC idles, it will sometimes shut down for seemingly no reason. This is occurring on a new prebuilt PC, and has doesn't have anything to do with an automatic hard disk shut down. I have the dump files for all the occurrences....
  4. Legion 5 15ARH05 shuts down unexpectedly - sleep mode issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Legion 5 15ARH05 shuts down unexpectedly - sleep mode issue: Hi,I have Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH05 with the following specifications and configurations:AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650Edition Windows 11 HomeVersion 22H2Installed on ‎1/‎11/‎2023OS build 22621.1105Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  5. Legion 5 15ARH05 shuts down unexpectedly - sleep mode issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Legion 5 15ARH05 shuts down unexpectedly - sleep mode issue: Hi,I have Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH05 with the following specifications and configurations:AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650Edition Windows 11 HomeVersion 22H2Installed on ‎1/‎11/‎2023OS build 22621.1105Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  6. Legion 5 15ARH05 shuts down unexpectedly - sleep mode issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. PC shuts down unexpectedly when it should go to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC shuts down unexpectedly when it should go to sleep: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, version 2004 MSI motherboard with AMD FX processor I first had issue after upgrade to 2004 Hibernate was enabled somehow even though it's shown as no. But it was fixed by using command line powercfg /h off. The PC goes to sleep and wakes up properly,...
  8. PC shuts down unexpectedly when it should go to sleep

PC shuts down unexpectedly when it should go to sleep: Hi, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, version 2004. I initially had issue with upgrade to 2004 with power options. Hibernate was enabled somehow even though it's shown as no. But it was fixed by using command line powercfg /h off. The PC goes to sleep and wakes up properly, no...
  9. PC unexpected shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC unexpected shut down: My pc lately has been shutting down for no reason. I changed the power cable and it still didn't help. I don't think that it is my PSU fault cause it didn't have this problem + it is a Gigabyte 700W PSU (B700H). I checked Event viewer and it was like this :...
  10. PC Shuts Down Unexpectedly.

PC Shuts Down Unexpectedly.: Lately my PC has been shutting down out of the blue, in about 5 seconds at that. Also, upon turning it back on it starts up real slowly. This generally happens when playing games, however if I'm on the computer that's what I'm doing so not sure if that's a good assumption. No...