Windows 10: PC Shutting Down Problem

Discus and support PC Shutting Down Problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a dell Optilex 990 and everytime I use the computer and a couple of minutes later it shuts down by itself I checked for driver issues or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LewisFelix, Sep 15, 2021.

1. PC Shutting Down Problem

I have a dell Optilex 990 and everytime I use the computer and a couple of minutes later it shuts down by itself I checked for driver issues or corrupted drivers but everything seems ok please help.

:)

LewisFelix, Sep 15, 2021
  2. IrdealDJA Win User

Problem with the Task Host Window and the shutting down

Hi Sayan_Gosh, thanks for your fast response! I will answer first all the four questions that you are asking me:

• The PC that I'm using is a Gateway model DX4860 with previous Windows 7 Home Premium.
    • I have upgrade to Windows 10 using Windows update settings.
    • I have Norton Security Deluxe installed in my PC.
    • And finally, all programs were closed before shutting down Windows.
    I will execute your initial recommendations and the
    diagnostic steps that you suggest me; and I will let you know the status of the "Task Host issue".

IrdealDJA, Sep 15, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Sep 15, 2021
  4. PC Shutting Down Problem

problem while shutting down my laptop

Hi,

This issue could be due to a certain component which could be avoiding the system’s proper shut down process. As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest running the built-in app troubleshooter on your Windows 10 PC. To do so, please follow these
    steps:

• Click the Windows icon.
    • Choose Settings.
    • Under Settings, choose Update & Security.
    • On the options on the left-hand side of the window, click Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Power and click Run the troubleshooter.

Don’t hesitate to give us any updates on your query.

Arthur Rui, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

PC Shutting Down Problem

1. PC Shutting Down Problem - Similar Threads - Shutting Down Problem

2. PC shut down and freezing problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shut down and freezing problem: Hi,My pc is facing a weird problem:1 It does not running on 3200 mhz , I have enabled it manually multiple times but my pc just shuts down and it alway revert back to 2133 mhz and enable core performance boost I dont prefer it because it get preety hot nad i dont have good...
  3. PC shut down and freezing problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC shut down and freezing problem: Hi,My pc is facing a weird problem:1 It does not running on 3200 mhz , I have enabled it manually multiple times but my pc just shuts down and it alway revert back to 2133 mhz and enable core performance boost I dont prefer it because it get preety hot nad i dont have good...
  4. PC shut down and freezing problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Problem PC Randomly shuts down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem PC Randomly shuts down: Hello, I built my PC less than an year ago. It randomly shuts down at times. Sometimes it gives me a blue screen of death, sometimes just restarts itself. When I put the PC on sleep mode, when I try to turn it on the Display turn on 30% of the time.I ran Event Viewer and Blue...
  6. Problem PC Randomly shuts down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem PC Randomly shuts down: Hello, I built my PC less than an year ago. It randomly shuts down at times. Sometimes it gives me a blue screen of death, sometimes just restarts itself. When I put the PC on sleep mode, when I try to turn it on the Display turn on 30% of the time.I ran Event Viewer and Blue...
  7. SHUT DOWN PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SHUT DOWN PROBLEMS: I HAVE SHUT DOWN PROBLEMS WITH WINDOWS 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-problems/94cd9434-1e07-4c6f-91a9-e967a0bf93ed
  8. shut down problem

shut down problem: after installing wndows 10 on dell ,my laptop goes shut down when i touch down side of laptop but when itis in charging mode it doesn't shut down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-problem/a35083af-1553-47ea-bd39-c4701aa9fb3a
  9. Problem when shutting the PC down

Problem when shutting the PC down: Whenever I try to shut down my computer a dialog comes up "Someone else is still using this PC. If you shut down now, they could lose unsaved work." There is a button we can click, "Shut down anyway." Who is that "someone else"? No-one else is using the PC. The dialog comes...
  10. Shut Down Problem

Shut Down Problem: All Right Recently install win 10, updated so far everything was great. Then after last update when I shut down the laptop HP Pavilion it is not getting shut down, screen is gettin off however the hard is still on can hear the nois also power bottom is on. so have to press...