Windows 10: PC Shutting itself off randomly when under a load and also not under a load

Discus and support PC Shutting itself off randomly when under a load and also not under a load in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all. I've never written on this so I'm very new to this but i have a terrible problem that i need help with ASAP. So I'm running a custom built... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cade Mitchell, Dec 15, 2020.

1. PC Shutting itself off randomly when under a load and also not under a load

Hello all. I've never written on this so I'm very new to this but i have a terrible problem that i need help with ASAP. So I'm running a custom built PC with an i9-9900k, GTX 1080, a 650 W PSU, and 16 GB of RAM. And i live stream a lot on twitch/youtube. Whenever I'm not streaming, I can run whatever game i want. Whether it be Call of Duty all the way to Roblox. No issues. Game runs great. As soon as i start streaming, i can maybe stream for an hour max and then my PC just shuts itself off and self restarts. I've already done RUN>sysdm.cpl>advanced>startup and recovery>settings>System failure>uncheck "automatically restart". I've gone in my event viewer but i seriously cant' find the problem. i see a lot of "Unplanned" restarts involving Windows Explorer.exe. I've done GPU, CPU, and RAM stress tests to see if it'd shut off during those and it did not. i even took my power cable out of my power strip and plugged it directly into the wall to see if my PSU wasnt getting enough power. still shut off. I literally have a beast of a PC. all drivers are up to date. everything is up to date. my motherboard chipset, everything. i really need a solution to this. If you have ANY solutions or would like to assist me, here are my socials:
    Discord: Juke#1999
    Twitter: @bigbrainjuke
    Instagram: @bigbrainjuke
    I really need help..can someone help me ?

:)

Cade Mitchell, Dec 15, 2020
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Randomly failing to load webpages?

Well, I guess its not the DNS then, because I can load a site, then it will randomly fail to load, then randomly start working again, all on the same site.

3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Randomly failing to load webpages?

On my computer, Google Chrome, IE9 and Firefox 4 all randomly fail to load webpages. A few quick points:

• This happens even on a fresh install of Windows (and on my previous install as well)
    • I thought it might have been my ISP's DNS server failing, so I switched to Google DNS and it still randomly fails
    • My router is a homemade machine featuring a 2GHz P4 Celeron, 256MB SDR memory, and a 512MB CF card as the hard drive running the generic x86 DD-WRT client
    • I've rebooted my modem/router many times and the problem persists
    • I am no longer using my surge protector to protect my modem, the coaxial cable runs straight from the wall to the modem
    What should I do?

4. PC Shutting itself off randomly when under a load and also not under a load

Laptop loads to Windows 10 logo then blue screen and shuts off

shadowthefire,

What brand/model laptop is this?

Try the following:

Step 1: Make sure the computer is shut down, and press the Power Button to turn the computer on.

Step 2: As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off again.

Step 3: Repeat this process 2 or 3 times until you see the following on the screen: Preparing Automatic Repair
    Let the computer boot to the Automatic Repair screen.

Step 4: The next screen (blue) goes to: Choose Account to continue
    Select your account, enter your Password, and press: Continue

Step 5: A Diagnosing your PC screen appears, and it takes you to the screen for: Automatic Repair

Step 6: Here you can click Restart, or, Advanced Options
    Step 6.1: Select: Restart

Allow the computer to go through the routine, and see if it solves the issue.

If the problem still exists, go back to Step 1 through Step 6.

Step 6.2: This time, click: Advanced Options

Step 7: In the Choose an Option screen, select: Troubleshoot

Step 8: At the next screen, select: Advanced Options

Step 9: Last, select: Startup Repair (Used for problems that keep Windows 10 from loading)

Please provide an update.

cottonball, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

PC Shutting itself off randomly when under a load and also not under a load

1. PC Shutting itself off randomly when under a load and also not under a load - Similar Threads - Shutting itself off

2. PC Randomly Restarts with no warning and under no load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Randomly Restarts with no warning and under no load: Hi All,My PC randomly restarts, and I cannot figure out why.Happened right now from a cold start this morning, was in an idle state while I was drinking coffee and looking at my phone. No apps running.Event viewer was no help, typical metadata staging & COM errors. No event...
  3. PC Randomly Restarts with no warning and under no load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Randomly Restarts with no warning and under no load: Hi All,My PC randomly restarts, and I cannot figure out why.Happened right now from a cold start this morning, was in an idle state while I was drinking coffee and looking at my phone. No apps running.Event viewer was no help, typical metadata staging & COM errors. No event...
  4. PC Frequently Crashes when not under load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Frequently Crashes when not under load: Depending on how heavily I am taxing my computer, it will crash with different frequencies, if I don't have anything open it will always crash within 5 minutes, if I am playing a game that is not putting a significant amount of load on my computer it will crash within around...
  5. PC Frequently Crashes when not under load

PC Frequently Crashes when not under load: Depending on how heavily I am taxing my computer, it will crash with different frequencies, if I don't have anything open it will always crash within 5 minutes, if I am playing a game that is not putting a significant amount of load on my computer it will crash within around...
  6. PC Frequently Crashes when not under load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PC failure under load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC failure under load: After running various system tests and doing a total of 15 or more hours of researching the issue I am 99% certain it's my PSU. My main list of reasons, 1: when my pc freezes the fans begin spinning uncontrollably due to faulty power modulation 2: There are no event logs when...
  8. PC failure under load

PC failure under load: After running various system tests and doing a total of 15 or more hours of researching the issue I am 99% certain it's my PSU. My main list of reasons, 1: when my pc freezes the fans begin spinning uncontrollably due to faulty power modulation 2: There are no event logs when...
  9. PC failure under load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Freezing Under Load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Freezing Under Load: Hello, I have a custom built windows 10 gaming pc. My pc is “freezing” under load. However, I am still able access the start menu. All drivers are up to date. Specs: OS: Windows 10 1909 MB: MSI B350 Tomahawk Ram: 16GB DDR4 CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x (not overclocked) GPU: Nvidia...