Windows 10: PC shutting off and instantly restarting at random times with NO BLUESCREEN???

Discus and support PC shutting off and instantly restarting at random times with NO BLUESCREEN??? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, Just as my title states, my PC has been shutting off at random times Like, you can see all the lights in my PC go off and then it instantly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by _LM_, Apr 8, 2020.

1. _LM_ Win User

PC shutting off and instantly restarting at random times with NO BLUESCREEN???

Hello,

Just as my title states, my PC has been shutting off at random times Like, you can see all the lights in my PC go off and then it instantly restarts. It happened twice in a row to me yesterday morning but after that, it was completely fine for the rest of that day. Today, it happened twice in a row to me again, and as of now, my system seems to be stable right now. I have no idea why this is happening and I do not see any new dump files in my minidump folder.

Please, help me.

:)

_LM_, Apr 8, 2020
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused PC shutting off and instantly restarting at random times with NO BLUESCREEN??? :confused:*Mad PC shutting off and instantly restarting at random times with NO BLUESCREEN??? :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Random restarts

Ugn more rig problems TPU!

Been getting random restarts since I changed back to my old HDD *( needed to run a repair on it)

Seeing as that's the only difference I'm guessing its that, but can a HDD problem cause random restarts like that?

I get no blue screen and no error reports when I get back to windows, its like I've done it myself, only it instantly goes to the booting up screen rather then shutting down as usual.

Any ideas?

Thinking it could be a virus/ or the HDD is really borked.

If it does turn out to be HDD, anyone want to sell me one for cheap? *Laugh :laugh:

* Since my system crash a few weeks ago been running of a 80gb 2.5 harddrive rather then my maxtor 500gb

pantherx12, Apr 8, 2020
  4. PC shutting off and instantly restarting at random times with NO BLUESCREEN???

random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

PC shutting off and instantly restarting at random times with NO BLUESCREEN???

1. PC shutting off and instantly restarting at random times with NO BLUESCREEN??? - Similar Threads - shutting off instantly

2. PC Shutting Off/Requires Restart Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Shutting Off/Requires Restart Randomly: This is a problem I've had for a while now. My PC often shuts down/requires a restart randomly for some reason. Most of the time, this happens when I'm watching video or playing games almost always 2D games, not resource-heavy 3D ones. I tried diagnosing this problem with a...
  3. PC Shutting Off/Requires Restart Randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Shutting Off/Requires Restart Randomly: This is a problem I've had for a while now. My PC often shuts down/requires a restart randomly for some reason. Most of the time, this happens when I'm watching video or playing games almost always 2D games, not resource-heavy 3D ones. I tried diagnosing this problem with a...
  4. Bluescreen or pc shutting off with BugcheckCode 59

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen or pc shutting off with BugcheckCode 59: Hi,Every time I play a game for a few hours my pc blue screens or restarts itself.Here is an example of the critical event in event viewer and the minidump of that event.Already did a memory test, and nothing came out of this test.- <Event...
  5. Bluescreen or pc shutting off with BugcheckCode 59

Bluescreen or pc shutting off with BugcheckCode 59: Hi,Every time I play a game for a few hours my pc blue screens or restarts itself.Here is an example of the critical event in event viewer and the minidump of that event.Already did a memory test, and nothing came out of this test.- <Event...
  6. PC randomly restarting / shutting down repeatedly. No bluescreen this time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly restarting / shutting down repeatedly. No bluescreen this time: I'm running into a weird problem. My PC is randomly powering down and then booting again on it's own. I'm not getting any bluescreen errors or anything it just goes black, shuts down, boots back up a second or two later. So far it's only happened after signing into windows...
  7. PC randomly restarting / shutting down repeatedly. No bluescreen this time

PC randomly restarting / shutting down repeatedly. No bluescreen this time: I'm running into a weird problem. My PC is randomly powering down and then booting again on it's own. I'm not getting any bluescreen errors or anything it just goes black, shuts down, boots back up a second or two later. So far it's only happened after signing into windows...
  8. PC randomly restarting / shutting down repeatedly. No bluescreen this time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. pc shuts off instantly when not connected to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pc shuts off instantly when not connected to internet: hi 1st time every posting here! trying to figure out how come when ever i unplug Ethernet cord, disable network adapter or ever unplug my router my pc just shuts off after that it will constantly turn on quickly then shut off quickly i find unplugging the power cord and...
  10. Instant random computer restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Instant random computer restarts: For 4 months, occasionally my computer randomly has been doing an instant reset—as in, I'm playing a game (or just sitting at the desktop), then my screen goes blank because the computer is booting up. This happens sometimes once/week, sometimes every few days, once, a couple...