Windows 10: PC simply won’t boot to windows or reset or repair without getting stuck in a loop

Discus and support PC simply won’t boot to windows or reset or repair without getting stuck in a loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, I was recently downloading an application called ‘equalizer apo’ to make my microphone sound better in real time. My friends have downloaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hrry, Jan 21, 2021.

1. hrry Win User

PC simply won’t boot to windows or reset or repair without getting stuck in a loop

Hi there,

I was recently downloading an application called ‘equalizer apo’ to make my microphone sound better in real time. My friends have downloaded the same program and have had no issues at all. It prompted me to restart my pc either right then and their or manually later. I selected the ‘restart now’ option and my pc rebooted as normal except that as the circle was spinning around underneath the asus logo on my screen I have an Asus motherboard it was very laggy and wasn’t going round smoothly. This had only happened once before when I accidentely plugged my front panel audio wire into a USB header but it was fine once I changed it back. This time however I hadn’t changed anything inside the PC, I had only restarted after installing this program. Also I had a Windows update pending and since I hadn’t restarted my pc or completed the update it must have updated when I restarted. As the circle stopped spinning it took me to the blue troubleshooting screen where I selected Troubleshoot -> Advanced options -> Startup Repair and it started ‘repairing’ before telling me they couldn’t identify the problem and that maybe uninstalling the latest update may help. So from that screen I uninstalled the latest Windows update but this time my PC restarted and it came up with a screen that said ‘Why did my PC restart’ and some further instructions to follow. After clicking next on this page it gave me the BSoD and I restarted my pc to end up at a black screen with a cursor. After trying some troubleshooting tips from various videos and articles about this black screen I eventually decided that maybe re-installing windows may help but keeping my personal files, so that is what I did. After a bit of waiting it came up with an error message which I was able to fix by going in the registory editor and changing somethings value from 1 to 3. But still it didnt work and put me in another new loop which reads at the top of my screen ‘Hello there. Lets get a few basic things out the way’ it asks for my language, region and keyboard language etc so I choose them accordingly and press next then it says the same ‘Why did my pc restart’ thing again so I press next and then it says ‘Just a moment’ with a spinning circle under it for around 10 minutes and then it goes away and it restarts my pc and takes me back to the ‘Hello there’ page. I have tried re-installing windows and clearing all my drives but it goes to a black screen with a cursor or the ‘hello there’ page and I’m getting very frustrated. Another annoying thing is that now if I want to do a system restore or anything that requires an account or password the only account that shows up is defaultuser_0 or Administrator which I dont know the password for so they are inaccessible for me. I am able to make a windows installation drive but would I just plug it into my pc and boot it up or do I need to select anything on any troubleshooting screens etc. Any help would be very highly appreciated as I need this PC for online school.

Thanks, Harry.

:)

2. David Haz Win User

Windows 10 Repair Boot Loop

Hi Jed,

If your computer is stuck in a boot-loop state of Windows, it could mean that automatic repair isn't able to repair a corrupted or broken system file, but attempts to repair it over and over again. For us to assist you properly in resolving this boot-loop
    state, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Did the issue occur even after removing the USB wireless mouse?
    • Aside from running DISM, what other troubleshooting steps have you done? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Jan 21, 2021
  3. emvio Win User
    Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop - USB Not Recognized as Boot Option

Hello everyone. I've got a Dell laptop that is in an Automatic Repair loop right now (Win10).

Last night, my Wifi wasn't working, despite my other connected devices having no issues. I experienced something similar about a month ago and didn't have the patience to dig deep again and figure out what was causing it, so I simply ran a system restore.

I can't remember the exact message, but eventually I saw it said something along the lines of 'System Restore failed.' And since then, I've been stuck with a computer that simply won't run.

I've tried following the steps of other similar posts here and elsewhere, but I still can't seem to figure it out.

Some things to note:

1. 'Use a Device' lists two things: Onboard NIC (IPV4) and Onboard NIC (IPV6). I have the Windows 10 boot program on a USB plugged in, but it doesn't pop up at all.
    2. When I'm in command prompt trying to run repairs, I get: "Total identified Windows installations: 0" -- does that mean Windows "doesn't exist" on the computer in some form?

I've tried to go into System Restore but it won't let me select any restore options there. The "Next" is not clickable. There is an error message (or an exclamation point in a yellow triangle) saying: "You must always restore the drive that contains Windows. Restoring other drives is not optional."

Any idea what I should be doing? "Go back to previous version" doesn't work. "Startup repair" doesn't do anything. "Select a system image backup" says 'Windows cannot find a system image on this computer.'

I have tried the bootrec.exe lines in command prompt, but nothing seems to work. Anytime I start up I get the same ol' "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC."

emvio, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Remon Ont Win User

PC simply won’t boot to windows or reset or repair without getting stuck in a loop

BIOS stuck in a loop.

Hello,

We would like to ask some additional information to better isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried to boot in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check the solutions provided on the links below:

BIOS-loop

Stuck-in-BIOS-loop

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

1. PC simply won’t boot to windows or reset or repair without getting stuck in a loop - Similar Threads - simply won’t boot

2. PC stuck in repair boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC stuck in repair boot loop: Hi, I have an i7-6700k with a MSI Z170A gaming m3 mobo, and 32 gigs of Corsair dom plat ram normally running at 3100mhz, rated at 3200. I tried moving the speeds up to 3200,but now my computer is stuck in the auto repair boot loop and i cant do ANYTHING. It won't allow me to...
  3. PC stuck in repair boot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC stuck in repair boot loop: Hi, I have an i7-6700k with a MSI Z170A gaming m3 mobo, and 32 gigs of Corsair dom plat ram normally running at 3100mhz, rated at 3200. I tried moving the speeds up to 3200,but now my computer is stuck in the auto repair boot loop and i cant do ANYTHING. It won't allow me to...
  4. windows stuck in automatic repair loop and won’t reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows stuck in automatic repair loop and won’t reset: my computer has been stuck in an automatic repair loop everytime i’ve turned it on, saying that restarting my PC will fix the problem but everytime i do it just leads me back to automatic repair. i’ve tried to reset my computer both locally and using cloud. locally, it made...
  5. windows stuck in automatic repair loop and won’t reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows stuck in automatic repair loop and won’t reset: my computer has been stuck in an automatic repair loop everytime i’ve turned it on, saying that restarting my PC will fix the problem but everytime i do it just leads me back to automatic repair. i’ve tried to reset my computer both locally and using cloud. locally, it made...
  6. windows stuck in automatic repair loop and won’t reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Stuck in boot loop automatic repair.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in boot loop automatic repair.: My laptop ran out of charge and turned off automatically. When i turned it on it showed "preparing automatic repair" and shows this blue screen.when i clicked continue it brought me back to the same blue screen. Plz help me What should I do?[IMG]...
  8. Sons computer won’t boot into Windows. Automatic repair and diagnostics for Windows simply...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sons computer won’t boot into Windows. Automatic repair and diagnostics for Windows simply...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/JWF81 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k2uxja/sons_computer_wont_boot_into_windows_automatic/
  9. Cannot boot & stuck in a Repair loop without Start-up Options

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot boot & stuck in a Repair loop without Start-up Options: Hi. I've been busy creating new User Accounts on my Dell Precision M6400 and part of that process at the start was copying files over from one laptop (an ACER 5315) to the other using a wireless network. When I'd created the last User Account I turned off the M6400 laptop,...
  10. PC stuck in repair autofix loop can't reset PC or repair

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC stuck in repair autofix loop can't reset PC or repair: I recently was messing with specs in tpu ii and also in bios and these might be the culprits in tpu I changed something about performance and power usage with levels, there's a setting for it in bios as well, but I have bios set to ignore you and use auto instead of tpu 1 or...