Windows 10: Pc sleeps every time i run specific tasks

Discus and support Pc sleeps every time i run specific tasks in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi guys, Help please? I have noticed that my pcdell window 10 sleeps every time I perform specific tasks, for example; I was running a video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JuliusKing, May 8, 2020.

1. Pc sleeps every time i run specific tasks

Hi guys, Help please?

I have noticed that my pcdell window 10 sleeps every time I perform specific tasks, for example; I was running a video compressor software, after I import the video and press the compress icon, it starts to compress the file for like five seconds and pc goes to sleep if I turn it back on it stays awake for about 5 to 10 seconds and goes to sleep again but it keeps compressing the file, after the file is compressed the pc doesn't go to sleep anymore...

the same thing happens when I use movavi video editor everything is fine until I start exporting the edited file then it will go to sleep, i will turn it on and it will go to sleep again until the file is exported and then the pc doesn't go to sleep anymore...it is annoying because you have to keep waking it to see if the file is still in progress

sorry for so many words and bad English, I tried to give the specific details

:)

JuliusKing, May 8, 2020
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

App not waking pc from sleep

Thank you for getting back to us, Alexander. We can try to configure WinTv's task scheduler, kindly follow these steps:

1. On your keyboard, press the Windows key.
    2. Type Task Scheduler, and press Enter.
    3. Look for the specific task where you'd like WinTv to record (It'll easy to check under Next Run Time since you know the time when WinTv will record).
    4. Highlight the task, click Condition on the middle pane.
    5. Under Power, tick the box Wake the computer to run this task.

Check if your PC will wake to record after performing these steps, if the issue persists, kindly provide us your Windows build and version so we can look for more troubleshooting steps:

1. On your keyboard, press Windows + R.
    2. Type winver, and press Enter.

Keep us posted.

Ralph Sta, May 8, 2020
  3. Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, May 8, 2020
  4. HoKe(2) Win User

Pc sleeps every time i run specific tasks

Task Scheduler run task on specific network connection.Hol

Hi,

I would like to schedule a task to run only if a specific network connection is active.

there are a lot of connections available in the list under the option Start only if the following network connection is available

where are all this connection names stored? I haven't found it in register

is it possible to list these in cmd or powershell?

how to maintain this list? remove old entries.

how to check the currently available network connections from this list?

thx in advance for any help

HoKe(2), May 8, 2020
Thema:

Pc sleeps every time i run specific tasks

1. Pc sleeps every time i run specific tasks - Similar Threads - sleeps every run

2. PC shuts down at specific time every night

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC shuts down at specific time every night: I watched a video showing me how to make my PC shut down at a specific time every night. I wrote some simple code and now it shuts down at 3:45 every day. I cannot make it stop. I have tried “shutdown -a” and it says “there is no shutdown program”. Most days it is no issue...
  3. PC shuts down at specific time every night

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC shuts down at specific time every night: I watched a video showing me how to make my PC shut down at a specific time every night. I wrote some simple code and now it shuts down at 3:45 every day. I cannot make it stop. I have tried “shutdown -a” and it says “there is no shutdown program”. Most days it is no issue...
  4. PC shuts down at specific time every night

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. pc running slower every time i reinstall my windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc running slower every time i reinstall my windows: Hello. So, a few months ago i decided to reinstall my windows to clean up my pc because it was very messy. My pc was running perfect and games were running perfect. After i reinstalled it the games were running slower than before but the pc was running good. A few days ago i...
  6. How do I configure Task Scheduler to run a task every time PC wakes up from sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I configure Task Scheduler to run a task every time PC wakes up from sleep?: My laptop has a bug where the dedicated GPU consumes power every time it is woken up from sleep (ie I open the lid). The workaround is restarting the dGPU. I wrote a simple powershell script to restart it. In Task scheduler I configured to run the script at every logon....
  7. How To Run Task If *Not* Connected To Specific Network?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How To Run Task If *Not* Connected To Specific Network?: Hi all, I'm looking to run a task that only triggers if *not* connected to a specific network/connected to any network *other* than the one specified (wanted to phrase the question both ways so that it's more likely to help other people out searching for a solution to the...
  8. How To Run Task If *Not* Connected To Specific Network?

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Run Task If *Not* Connected To Specific Network?: Hi all, I'm looking to run a task that only triggers if *not* connected to a specific network/connected to any network *other* than the one specified (wanted to phrase the question both ways so that it's more likely to help other people out searching for a solution to the...
  9. Task Scheduler run task on specific network connection.Hol

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler run task on specific network connection.Hol: Hi, I would like to schedule a task to run only if a specific network connection is active. there are a lot of connections available in the list under the option Start only if the following network connection is available where are all this connection names stored? I...
  10. This app can't run on your pc display every time after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    This app can't run on your pc display every time after sleep mode: This message display on my screen every time my laptop being wake from sleep mode, even if I didn't touch it, not to say do anything to it. Moreover, I don't know if this matter with another issue, there is issue about the network connection, every time I'm switching to a...