Windows 10: PC slow after fixing BSOD

Discus and support PC slow after fixing BSOD in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So after a couple days of trying to fix my pc from the BSOD, result of the blue screen was most likely a hardware issue because I tried to move files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by [N0ah], Jul 27, 2020.

1. [N0ah] Win User

PC slow after fixing BSOD

So after a couple days of trying to fix my pc from the BSOD, result of the blue screen was most likely a hardware issue because I tried to move files to free up my storage it started working again and believed all of my problems were behind me and decided to go on Steam and urn wallpaper engine

However, what I noticed while running wallpaper engine that the application was running very slow and couldn't figure out the solution to the problem because before the blue screen, it was running just fine on its own.

After opening task manager, I realized it was running at around 95% of my CPU which it clearly hasn't before. So I decided to just not use wallpaper engine overall and just go play Titanfall 2.

This is when I knew something was wrong, I was playing a story mission, but it seemed to only capture around 5 frames per second and made the game unplayable. When I opened up my task manager yet again. it only used around 30%-50% of the CPU not close to being 100%.

So I have done another test on Star Wars Battlefront 2 and instead of loading in the start menu, the game crashed before I knew what just happened and couldn't view my task manager to see the percentage of CPU it was using.

So then I tested out a low quality game that didn't require that high of a frame rate. Because this game was a visual novel I purchased around 3 years ago and required very little of my pc, it only lagged when I moved my cursor and I could notice the frame rate drops, but it was still playable.

I wanted to believe it was a storage problem, however after clearing up my pc and deleting some files afterwards, C: had around 168GB left and D: had around 1.06 TB left, I have no idea what could be the problem, but I still do believe it is a hardware issue, I'm just not 100% sure about it.

Operating System

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU

AMD Ryzen 7

RAM

16.0GB

Motherboard

ASRock B550AM Gaming AM4 38 °C

Graphics

C34J79x 3440x1440@64Hz

ATI Microsoft Basic Display Adapter ATI

Storage

223GB Western Digital WDC WDS240G2G0A-00JH30 SATA SSD 37 °C

1863GB Seagate ST2000DM008-2FR102 SATA SSD 37 °C

My initial stats when running Speccy

:)

[N0ah], Jul 27, 2020
  2. Donna Men Win User

BSOD issue after fixing another BSOD error

Hi Williams,

There are several reasons why BSOD occur, which has different resolution. To check for any corruption or the integrity of your computer's Windows, we suggest that you perform a
    Check Disk by following these steps:

• Type cmd in the search bar.
    • Right-click on the Command Prompt, then Run as administrator.
    • Type chkdsk x: /r, the /r command will fix errors found on the disk.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Donna Men, Jul 27, 2020
  3. BSOD Crashes and slow PC

Hi, my PC has been extremely slow after a major windows update several bsod, and a reset and it sometimes happens when itsi olugged in.. everything all started wirh the major update of the windows 1909 and i had several programs crashing including a bsod
    after which i decided to reset it and now it's extremely slow and so far the bsod has crashed once and it takes time to load..

What'd i do?

EMMANUELOMOKHEGBE, Jul 27, 2020
  4. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    PC slow after fixing BSOD [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

1. PC slow after fixing BSOD - Similar Threads - slow fixing BSOD

2. Laptop is slow after BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is slow after BSOD: BSOD occured after just closing CSGO, I attach dump folder with .nfo file and memory dump of BSOD log.Laptop feels slower now.Link to folder: dumpNote: Brief hw specs, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600HRAM: 16GB SSD: 512GBGPU: Laptop Integrated and NVDIA GeForce GTX1650.Any help is...
  3. Laptop is slow after BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop is slow after BSOD: BSOD occured after just closing CSGO, I attach dump folder with .nfo file and memory dump of BSOD log.Laptop feels slower now.Link to folder: dumpNote: Brief hw specs, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600HRAM: 16GB SSD: 512GBGPU: Laptop Integrated and NVDIA GeForce GTX1650.Any help is...
  4. Laptop is slow after BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC Extremely Slow after fixing C: Drive

PC Extremely Slow after fixing C: Drive: When I booted up my windows, it showed 'Press any key to skip disk checking in' but I thought nothing will happen, so I decided to not press any key. then, It took me almost half a day to fix it. I didn't do anything because I thought it will override the C: Drive and I can't...
  6. PC Extremely Slow after fixing C: Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Extremely Slow after fixing C: Drive: When I booted up my windows, it showed 'Press any key to skip disk checking in' but I thought nothing will happen, so I decided to not press any key. then, It took me almost half a day to fix it. I didn't do anything because I thought it will override the C: Drive and I can't...
  7. PC Extremely Slow after fixing C: Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. slow booting and slow pc at first how to fix?

slow booting and slow pc at first how to fix?: my pc when i use it at first my pc is so slow than a old computer then when i restart my pc it will be fast againhow do i fix it without restarting over and over?...
  9. PC slow after bsod and crashes I've tried everything and It's still slow

PC slow after bsod and crashes I've tried everything and It's still slow: this happened a month ago, I was testing a game and I opened the task manager to go to services as soon as it opened, my pc crashed with a buzzing noise and blue horizontal lines across the screen, I was able to close my pc by holding the power button for 5 seconds, and when...
  10. BSOD Crashes and slow PC

BSOD Crashes and slow PC: Hi, my PC has been extremely slow after a major windows update several bsod, and a reset and it sometimes happens when itsi olugged in.. everything all started wirh the major update of the windows 1909 and i had several programs crashing including a bsod after which i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc slow after blue screen

2. pc slow and bsod

3. after memory managment bsod pc slow