Windows 10: PC slow after update

Discus and support PC slow after update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I use my pc for gaming and it did an update when I shut it down. After I turned it back on I noticed it was extremely laggy when I was playing again. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nuttmilkies, Apr 17, 2020.

1. PC slow after update

I use my pc for gaming and it did an update when I shut it down. After I turned it back on I noticed it was extremely laggy when I was playing again. I haven't noticed it being slow while doing anything else, but obviously running a game takes a lot more. I tried some troubleshooting tips online but I still haven't figured out how to fix it since I'm not too good with this kind of stuff. Scans can't find anything wrong and the drivers seem to be working. It's also not overheating, which wasn't a problem before anyway. Can anyone help?

submitted by /u/nuttmilkies
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nuttmilkies, Apr 17, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 17, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    PC slow and not responding

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you to run the System Maintenance Troubleshooter to check and see why your PC is running slow and unresponsive. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting. If you cant find the option, click View By and select Large Icons.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

You may also check on the article below for tips on how to improve your Windows 10 PC.

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Apr 17, 2020
  4. clinux Win User

PC slow after update

Linux for a slow PC

I was searching for my problem & came across your question. So registered to suggest distro for slow pc.

Try DSL (awesome), Slax (Good) .
    distrowatch.com is your friend.

clinux, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

PC slow after update

1. PC slow after update - Similar Threads - slow update

2. PC very slow after 24H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC very slow after 24H2 update: Hi,I am having trouble using my pc after i updated to 24H2.I am having trouble doing the most basics things like open the browser or every other app on my pc.How can i fix or rollback to another version?Thank you,Ergys...
  3. PC very slow after 24H2 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC very slow after 24H2 update: Hi,I am having trouble using my pc after i updated to 24H2.I am having trouble doing the most basics things like open the browser or every other app on my pc.How can i fix or rollback to another version?Thank you,Ergys...
  4. System slow after Cumulative Update KB5036893

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System slow after Cumulative Update KB5036893: Here is my specs for reference:Windows 11 Home, Dell Inspirion 15 with the Intel core i3 1215U and 16gb of ddr4 ram. Before this update I was running fine. In task manager my memory usage was always around 50%. Discord, Spotify, browser librewolf, Steam, and then sometimes...
  5. System slow after Cumulative Update KB5036893

System slow after Cumulative Update KB5036893: Here is my specs for reference:Windows 11 Home, Dell Inspirion 15 with the Intel core i3 1215U and 16gb of ddr4 ram. Before this update I was running fine. In task manager my memory usage was always around 50%. Discord, Spotify, browser librewolf, Steam, and then sometimes...
  6. Laptop turned super slow overnight. Uninstalled windows and now reinstalling as update...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turned super slow overnight. Uninstalled windows and now reinstalling as update...: Laptop turned super slow overnight. Uninstalled windows and now reinstalling as update would not work. Now it’s been stuck at 62% the window displays — Preparing to reset, Status: Preparing to reset. It’s been stuck on 62% status for over 60 minutes. I don’t know what to do....
  7. Laptop turned super slow overnight. Uninstalled windows and now reinstalling as update...

Laptop turned super slow overnight. Uninstalled windows and now reinstalling as update...: Laptop turned super slow overnight. Uninstalled windows and now reinstalling as update would not work. Now it’s been stuck at 62% the window displays — Preparing to reset, Status: Preparing to reset. It’s been stuck on 62% status for over 60 minutes. I don’t know what to do....
  8. Why my quickbooks enterprise running slow after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my quickbooks enterprise running slow after update: I have updated my QuickBooks enterprise to the latest version but now my QuickBooks Desktop enterprise running very slow. How do I solve it? Please help!!...
  9. Why my quickbooks enterprise running slow after update

Why my quickbooks enterprise running slow after update: I have updated my QuickBooks enterprise to the latest version but now my QuickBooks Desktop enterprise running very slow. How do I solve it? Please help!!...
  10. All browsers slow after update, not affecting VM.

All browsers slow after update, not affecting VM.: Ever since the most recent update to Windows I've been experiencing extremely slow page load times on Chrome, Firefox and Edge. What I find most interesting is that when I load my Linux VM on the same Windows machine, Firefox in the VM loads at normal speeds,I've cleared my...