Windows 10: PC slow in response due to disk restart at mouse click

Discus and support PC slow in response due to disk restart at mouse click in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Windows 10 Home, version 1909 I noticed that the the PC started to have a delay in response to a mouse click due to the fact that the when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tbrcrl, Mar 25, 2020.

1. tbrcrl Win User

PC slow in response due to disk restart at mouse click

Hi,

Windows 10 Home, version 1909

I noticed that the the PC started to have a delay in response to a mouse click due to the fact that the when I click I can clearly hear that the PC disk restarts. Moreover when I move files between folders both the start and the destination folders are not updated unless I do a refresh with F5 e.g. if I download a file on desktop I do not see it until I hit F5.

It is like the PC is in sleep and waits for an event that awakes it.

Id did a disk check but no errors are present.

It is also not caused by the energy saving settings as i have a timeout of tens of minutes.

I also performed a complete analysis using Defender and no issues where found.

The web search also did not help me as I was not able to find similar problems:

Any idea or suggestion to understand and solve the issue?

Thanks.

:)

tbrcrl, Mar 25, 2020

2. super slow

Hi Mehedy,

PC performance might slow down due to a possible corrupted system file, high CPU, memory, or disk usage, hardware failures or software conflicts. For us to narrow down the issue, kindly answer these questions:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the build number and version of your Windows?
    • Have you made any recent hardware or software changes prior to this issue?
    • On which activity does your PC slows down?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the given methods on this article:

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue PC slow in response due to disk restart at mouse click :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Mar 25, 2020
  4. PC slow in response due to disk restart at mouse click

Slow response to Right mouse click, in Windows 10

Hi,

An outdated driver is one of the possible reasons why a device is not working as expected. For us to isolate the issue, kindly provide the answers to the following questions:

• What's the make and model of your mouse?
    • Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using a different mouse?

As an initial troubleshooting to resolve the issue, you can perform these recommended steps:

• Run the troubleshooter for devices and hardware. The troubleshooter will perform a diagnostic process on your system that will check and resolve issues
      related to using your device.
    • Update your mouse driver. To update a driver, refer to this link. If Windows doesn't find
      a new driver, you can try checking for one on your device manufacturer's website.
    • Follow the steps provided in this article: Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Get back to us with the result for further assistance.

Lov Dollente, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

PC slow in response due to disk restart at mouse click

1. PC slow in response due to disk restart at mouse click - Similar Threads - slow response due

2. Slow response of mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow response of mouse: Have brand new computer with Windows 10 worked super first few months. Now the mouse takes forever to move around screen. The wheel just spins and spins before finally moving to where I want the mouse. I've run CCleaner and Avast but nothing found. Thanks for your help....
  3. Slow response of mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow response of mouse: Have brand new computer with Windows 10 worked super first few months. Now the mouse takes forever to move around screen. The wheel just spins and spins before finally moving to where I want the mouse. I've run CCleaner and Avast but nothing found. Thanks for your help....
  4. Slow response of mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop PC very slow response times to mouse selections

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop PC very slow response times to mouse selections: My Lenovo laptop running Win 10 version 21H1 is very slow to boot up and then incredibly slow to respond to mouse selections in any application.Advice to remedy please .....David B...
  6. Slow PC response

Slow PC response: Lately Microsoft Edge, Windows Explorer, and Outlook turn on very slowly when I click on them. Edge and Explorer take 2 minutes to turn on, and Outlook 1 minute to turn on. Why? Never had this issue before....
  7. Very slow response for mouse clicks & movements & keystrokes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow response for mouse clicks & movements & keystrokes: I have extremely slow response times for mouse movements & clicks, and for keystrokes. Typical delays after a movement, click or keystroke are usually in the 5-15 second range. This is clearly frustrating and unworkable. This occurs in almost any application. I am now...
  8. Slow typing in Windows 10, slow mouse response

Slow typing in Windows 10, slow mouse response: Recently when I am typing in browser, Word, e-mail or any APP, the letters are delayed as I type. The mouse also is very slow to respond. I am on a 2 year old Lenova Aspire , Intel i7 6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 with 8 GB Ram. I reset my PC with reinstall of Windows 10 but...
  9. no response for mouse clicking

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no response for mouse clicking: after install the new system. everything are not response for mouse clicking https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/no-response-for-mouse-clicking/bae4c39b-bfbf-472f-9856-ef8ed712a697
  10. slow response and extensive disk work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    slow response and extensive disk work: Greetings Maybe it's not the right forum or right category but I don't know what to do and where to get help from. On July 27 I upgraded from windows 7 ultimate to windows 10 pro. Everything went smoothly for a month or so and than the pc became slow with non-stop hard...