Windows 10: PC slow with new graphics card

Discus and support PC slow with new graphics card in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In an attempt to upgrade my old PC, I replaced my Geforce 9800 GT graphics card with a new Radeon RX580 graphics card. Unfortunately, with the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JonThornton2, Jun 25, 2020.

1. PC slow with new graphics card

In an attempt to upgrade my old PC, I replaced my Geforce 9800 GT graphics card with a new Radeon RX580 graphics card. Unfortunately, with the new graphics card installed and my old graphics card removed, my PC takes 10 minutes to boot. Task manager shows a high percentage of system interrupts after I login and my PC is too slow to use.

Interestingly, if my old and new graphics cards are installed, my problem completely goes away. I could just leave both graphics cards installed and disable my old card, but I'd really like to remove my old card to give my new card more breathing space inside my case.

How do I make my PC responsive with my old graphics card removed and my new graphics card installed?

I've tried the following:

1. Used Display Driver Uninstaller to remove my old display drivers.
    2. Physically disconnected all non-essential devices.
    3. Used device manager to disable all non-essential devices.
    4. Updated all drivers.
    5. Used dsim and sfc /scannow to repair corrupt files no corruptions found.
    6. Used Microsoft Windows Performance Analyser to create an ETL file.

PC specs:

• Gigabyte ga-ud5-ex58 motherboard with F13 BIOS latest version.
    • Intel i7 920 CPU.
    • 32GB RAM.
    • Samsung SSD.
    • Geforce 9800 GT graphics card.
    • Windows 10.

:)

JonThornton2, Jun 25, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Graphics Card Slow

Hi,

Since you are having challenges with the graphics card on your computer running slow after installing the driver, below is a link for troubleshooting steps on your graphics card driver software:

Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Freddrick Pal, Jun 25, 2020
  4. PC slow with new graphics card

Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

PC slow with new graphics card

1. PC slow with new graphics card - Similar Threads - slow graphics card

2. New graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New graphics card: Hello so i want to buy a new graphics card for gaming and streaming. Generally i play light games like Valorant, Wow, and rpg games. My budget is on 300€. I have this one in mind Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 Gaming OC (rev. 2.0) but people tell me its for professional...
  3. Flickering graphics with new video card

Flickering graphics with new video card: This is a tricky one. I bought a new video card, a gtx 1660 super and using my existing display port cable gives me this weird flickering on the bottom half of the screen. The cable works fine with my old card. I then tried a standard HDMI cable and the flickering problem is...
  4. New Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Graphics Card: I recently installed a GTX 1050 TI card. When I turned on my PC, the screen was brighter then normal. It's not a big issue, but it's definitely annoying. I tried adjusting the settings on my monitor, calibrating the color, and everything else I could find. I'd really...
  5. New graphics card

New graphics card: I installed an Nvidia graphics card and got the error "cannot find the path specified" The driver software I downloaded won't finish because the computer isn't seeing it. How can I resolve this?...
  6. Old graphics card, new driver

Old graphics card, new driver: Before,I was using nvidia quadro 600 and I am trying to upgrade to nvidia gts 450 i have tried restarting multiple times, reinstalling drivers but it doesn't work the following error comes up: Page unpaged area It also tells me to tell the microsoft support this :...
  7. New update ruined graphics card

New update ruined graphics card: This new update (KB4465477) has made it so my projector and graphics card no longer work together. The computer was plugged in to the projector, everything worked fine, and then I updated, when the computer restarted from this update, my projector notified me that I was out...
  8. New Graphics Card

New Graphics Card: Hi,I have just ordered the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon™ RX 580 8GD5 Special Edition and was wondering if it will work on my motherboard as it says the card uses the UEFI BIOS and my BIOS is an old Legacy BIOS (Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 rev. 1.2)?Thanks, if it won't work which GPU would...
  9. New graphics card is apparently dying.

New graphics card is apparently dying.: Now this is a surprise. Looks like this GeForce GT 730 really was defective after all. I was playing a little with Mac OS X, then due to chipset compatibilty problems i decided to go back to Windows 10. It was finishing installing, so i left the PC alone... When i...
  10. Reccomendations for a new Graphics card

Reccomendations for a new Graphics card: I am looking to replace my current graphics card and am looking for a quality, yet reasonably priced card. I do not game, so I don't need a high end GPU. My current MB is the Asus P8P67 Deluxe, which doesn't have onboard graphics. The CPU I have running is the Intel i5 2500k....