Windows 10: Pc slows and freezing in intervals

Discus and support Pc slows and freezing in intervals in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Intel i7 4770 16gb ddr3 Gtx1070 Samsung evo 850 ssd My pc began slowing down and freezing in intervals or lagging especially on start up. After a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sunny504, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Sunny504 Win User

Pc slows and freezing in intervals

Intel i7 4770
    16gb ddr3

Gtx1070

Samsung evo 850 ssd

My pc began slowing down and freezing in intervals or lagging especially on start up. After a certain amount of time passed it would be fine but it would creep back after 10 minutes.

I was convinced either my ssd was dying or win 10 was corrupted or had a virus so i ran a full scan on windows defender. Nothing was found so I reinstalled win10 from a usb. After the install the lag was no different.

I noticed sometimes my other drives would take longer to load or would cause the pc to freeze for a minute.

I decided win10 was installed on a dead drive so I installed it on another drive instead. This did nothing and I feel like this install is way worse.

I installed the latest windows updates on the first install including graphics drivers.

I opened up my pc to remove my gpu, cpu heatsink, ram, and unplugged my drives. I also unplugged all the cables from the motherboard and after replugging them i swapped the ssd cable and slot to check if that was the problem.

I ran a mem test and cpu test which thankfully they passed. Chkdsk found no error although at the very beginning of this problem I found at start up it displayed my ssd was bad but a week later said my ssd is fine but my hdd is bad.

This is confusing and I'm looking to find out how to test a psu and motherboard because I believe they could be the fault.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

:)

Sunny504, Mar 3, 2020

2. System freeze and slowness on Windows 10.

My PC is very slow even after installing 2 programs suggested and the tactil section freeze. I just don't know what to do more.

Original title:Windows

GiseleLachance31, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Slow operation, crashes and freezing since windows 10

Hi Rakesh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• What does it freezing? Is Internet Explorer freezing or computer is freezing?

• As you said that slow operation, what is running slow? Are you not able to open any files/applications?

• Does your PC hangs?
    I suggest you to check the issue in Safe Mode and see if it’s working slowly.

To enter Safe Mode in Windows 10:

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + restart before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode or
      Safe Mode with Networking (depending on whether you think you’ll need the Internet).
    Once you do get into safe mode, be sure to check all of your drivers for issues. To do that, press
    Windows Key + X and click Device Manager, and from that menu, get Windows to check all of your devices for updates. If driver updates are available, install them.

If the issue still persists, I suggest to restore the power plans to default.

To do so:

• Open Power options
      and go to advanced power settings.

• Select
      restore power plans defaults
      and then restart the computer and check if it helps.
    Let us know the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, Mar 3, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

PC slow and not responding

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you to run the System Maintenance Troubleshooter to check and see why your PC is running slow and unresponsive. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting. If you cant find the option, click View By and select Large Icons.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

You may also check on the article below for tips on how to improve your Windows 10 PC.

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Pc slows and freezing in intervals - Similar Threads - slows freezing intervals

2. PC Freezing While Gaming at Random intervals without BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezing While Gaming at Random intervals without BSOD: Okay So since few days i have seen my PC Crashes while i am Playing a Game - theres no fixed time to when it will happen it happens anytime No durations Fixed either it will totally restart the pc or it will freeze until i Hard Restart My PC also Before 10 Seconds of freezing...
  3. PC Freezing While Gaming at Random intervals without BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Freezing While Gaming at Random intervals without BSOD: Okay So since few days i have seen my PC Crashes while i am Playing a Game - theres no fixed time to when it will happen it happens anytime No durations Fixed either it will totally restart the pc or it will freeze until i Hard Restart My PC also Before 10 Seconds of freezing...
  4. Freezes/Crashes at random times/intervals

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezes/Crashes at random times/intervals: Greetings,I recently upgraded my system with a new CPU, Motherboard and RAM. Of course, performing a clean install of Windows 10.Unfortunately, the system crashes randomly, both at light and heavy loads. Sometimes, it can work fine for many hours uninterrupted, and other...
  5. Freezes/Crashes at random times/intervals

Freezes/Crashes at random times/intervals: Greetings,I recently upgraded my system with a new CPU, Motherboard and RAM. Of course, performing a clean install of Windows 10.Unfortunately, the system crashes randomly, both at light and heavy loads. Sometimes, it can work fine for many hours uninterrupted, and other...
  6. Freezes/Crashes at random times/intervals

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Freezing and slow movement on my pc

Freezing and slow movement on my pc: Hi I just want to ask what may be the problem with my computer, my computer is working well before until it runs in to an update and suddenly it started acting slow.Apps are freezing and mouse pointer is not moving at all. Sometimes it's ok but everytime I open an app it's...
  8. Freezing and slow movement on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezing and slow movement on my pc: Hi I just want to ask what may be the problem with my computer, my computer is working well before until it runs in to an update and suddenly it started acting slow.Apps are freezing and mouse pointer is not moving at all. Sometimes it's ok but everytime I open an app it's...
  9. Freezing and slow movement on my pc

10. Slow pc and freezes

Slow pc and freezes: So,my pc started to get constant freezes and lags recently and i tried fixing the problem by enabling high performance mode,still this does not seems to solve the problem. Here's a detail lists of the problems: 1.Opening apps like atom editor,Hyper terminal takes 30 plus...