Windows 10: [PC][SoD2] Xbox Game Bar - Accepting invite from friend to Game does nothing

Discus and support [PC][SoD2] Xbox Game Bar - Accepting invite from friend to Game does nothing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Seen when playing State of Decay 2. Xbox Friend invited me to his game, and we were both in a party together (of which he had invited me, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rob606, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Rob606 Win User

[PC][SoD2] Xbox Game Bar - Accepting invite from friend to Game does nothing

Seen when playing State of Decay 2.

Xbox Friend invited me to his game, and we were both in a party together (of which he had invited me, and I accepted through Game Bar).

I select the notification for the invite, and it brings up a pop-up with the check or X buttons. I select the check button to accept the invite.

Nothing happens, in-game or in the game bar itself. I was completely unable to join his game via Game Bar. Is there an alternative to join friend's sessions/invites? It is somewhat confusing to have Game Bar and the Xbox Beta App all working at the same time. I tried to view this friend's full profile via Game Bar and it opened a browser page to view it.

:)

Rob606, Nov 12, 2019

2. Xbox game bar "the parameter is incorrect" error

when i launch the xbox game bar using "Windows Key + G" i get an error appear saying "the parameter is incorrect". ive had this PC for less than a week and am unsure as to why im getting it. The game bar also doesnt let me join anyones parties or invites
    to games (e.g. when a friend invited me to play Sea Of Thieves, i clicked on the tick to accept the invite but nothing happened).

NINJA 3XTREME, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    New Idea Drives Just for You: Designed for Xbox and PC Game Bar Xbox

Source: New Idea Drives Just for You: Designed for Xbox and PC Game Bar - Xbox Wire

Brink, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

New Idea Drives Just for You: Designed for Xbox and PC Game Bar

Source: New Idea Drives Just for You: Designed for Xbox and PC Game Bar - Xbox Wire

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

Brink, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

1. [PC][SoD2] Xbox Game Bar - Accepting invite from friend to Game does nothing - Similar Threads - SoD2 Xbox Game

2. My Xbox Game Bar does not receive invites. Party nor Game invites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Xbox Game Bar does not receive invites. Party nor Game invites: My game bar has been working perfectly fine with minor hiccups recently Notification sounds bugging and staying silent, etc.. However, as of last week, my game bar has not received any party or game invites. I have looked for answers only to find outdated solutions and...
  3. My Xbox Game Bar does not receive invites. Party nor Game invites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Xbox Game Bar does not receive invites. Party nor Game invites: My game bar has been working perfectly fine with minor hiccups recently Notification sounds bugging and staying silent, etc.. However, as of last week, my game bar has not received any party or game invites. I have looked for answers only to find outdated solutions and...
  4. Xbox App not launching games/accepting invites & Game Bar not starting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App not launching games/accepting invites & Game Bar not starting up: Hello,let me get straight to the point.The issues- the Xbox App on the PC doesn't really work for me. I can open it up, I can add friends and I can download games, but that's about it. Neither can I start downloaded games, nor can I accept invites Sea of Thieves. For the...
  5. Xbox App not launching games/accepting invites & Game Bar not starting up

Xbox App not launching games/accepting invites & Game Bar not starting up: Hello,let me get straight to the point.The issues- the Xbox App on the PC doesn't really work for me. I can open it up, I can add friends and I can download games, but that's about it. Neither can I start downloaded games, nor can I accept invites Sea of Thieves. For the...
  6. Xbox Game bar crashes on 'Join Game' or when accepting game invites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game bar crashes on 'Join Game' or when accepting game invites: I've had this issue for a couple of weeks where my Xbox Game bar crashes every time I accept a game invite, or try to click 'Join Game'. Honestly, I'm not even sure 'crashing' is the right word, because I do not get an error message, I just get the blue wheel spinning for a...
  7. Xbox Game bar crashes on 'Join Game' or when accepting game invites

Xbox Game bar crashes on 'Join Game' or when accepting game invites: I've had this issue for a couple of weeks where my Xbox Game bar crashes every time I accept a game invite, or try to click 'Join Game'. Honestly, I'm not even sure 'crashing' is the right word, because I do not get an error message, I just get the blue wheel spinning for a...
  8. PC Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Xbox Game Bar: I messed up my Xbox Game Bar on PC, Does anyone know how to get a specific file back, under this pc windows C: program files window apps, scroll down to the last xbox gaming overlay. click that, i accidentally moved out the one that just says GameBar and I cant get it back, I...
  9. Xbox Game Bar Invites Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game Bar Invites Not Working: All my friends play on Xbox and I’m on PC and the only way I’m able to join parties is through the game bar. But last week the Xbox game bar started acting up. It’s not letting me join parties. Invites from other players don’t work and I can’t invite other players to a party....
  10. Not getting game invites on PC from Xbox one friends

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not getting game invites on PC from Xbox one friends: Currently iv been playing games on my PC that are in the xbox play anywhere category (ex. Sea of Thieves). I have friends that play on the xbox and when they try to invite me to their games I don't get any notifications or anything to join them and whatnot. Is there anything...