Windows 10: PC sometimes boots very slowly and in low resolution

Discus and support PC sometimes boots very slowly and in low resolution in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good day everybody, So I recently got my hands on my dream game PC. RTX3080, Ryzen 5800x, 32gigs of Ram, etc, the whole shebang! And it's been an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoeriVeenhuizen, Sep 16, 2021.

1. PC sometimes boots very slowly and in low resolution

Good day everybody, So I recently got my hands on my dream game PC. RTX3080, Ryzen 5800x, 32gigs of Ram, etc, the whole shebang! And it's been an amazing experience for the most part. But the PC has something weird that I've never seen before. Sometimes, I'd say, 1 out of 6 boots averagely, it takes a long time to boot about 1 minute instead of the normal +-15 seconds, it doesn't send a signal to my monitor and then after about a minute, I get the Windows logon screen. Weird thing as well is that I'm using a 4K monitor, but once the system boots it's in 1024 x 768. There's also no way to cha

:)

JoeriVeenhuizen, Sep 16, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Change resolution without seeing

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below. Check if it helps.

• Press Windows key on the keyboard
    • Click on settings
    • Go to Display
    • Click on Advance display settings
    • Change the resolution (1280x1024 recommended)

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

To enter into low-resolution mode
    in Windows 10 in change the settings in it, follow the steps given below.

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 16, 2021
  3. Smokes68 Win User
    Low Resolution

Hello
    Despite trying to find the right info I am still no further forward I am having problems with low screen resolution on my Desktop PC 22" monitor even though I have had it set to 1024x768 and above the screen still looks massive, I have tried dpi,, make desktop icons smaller it still does not look right, I thought this may be down to the motherboard M5A78L-M Plus/USB3 on board vga (I will be getting a better MB a bit later on following suggestions from people on here suggested Thanks for the advice) I tried an old ATI 4600 which worked very well with Win XP with drivers newly downloaded from AMD this made no difference

My laptop resolution is great at 1440 x 900 running the same operating systems with dual boot Win10 RS! and Win7 Pro with SP1

I have tried searching forums, YouTube, Google and now out of ideas of what to try next?

Thanks
    Smokes

Sorry if I have posted in wrong section

Smokes68, Sep 16, 2021
  4. PC sometimes boots very slowly and in low resolution

Windows 10 low resolution in program

Hi Xiyuan,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Is your system up to date?
    Install if there are nay pending updates through Windows updates before performing below step.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the display driver then try to change the screen resolution.

Follow the steps given below to uninstall and reinstall the display drivers.

• Press Windows key +
      X
      and select Device Manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the display Adapters and select Uninstall.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer to download the latest display adapters.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 16, 2021
Thema:

PC sometimes boots very slowly and in low resolution

1. PC sometimes boots very slowly and in low resolution - Similar Threads - sometimes boots very

2. edge starts very slowly sometimes 15 sec

in Windows 10 Gaming
    edge starts very slowly sometimes 15 sec: when starting edge takes up to 30 sec to start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-starts-very-slowly-sometimes-15-sec/adb4896b-ac63-47a7-a1ac-33bd4d3e45ea
  3. edge starts very slowly sometimes 15 sec

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    edge starts very slowly sometimes 15 sec: when starting edge takes up to 30 sec to start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-starts-very-slowly-sometimes-15-sec/adb4896b-ac63-47a7-a1ac-33bd4d3e45ea
  4. Windows sometimes boots up quickly and sometimes slowly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows sometimes boots up quickly and sometimes slowly: Greetings mates.Directly getting to point...So, the problem is, my Windows 10 all updates installed as on 28 March 2022, i.e. today sometimes boots up quickly and sometimes slowly, these variances are indefinite, they happen randomly. I have an SSDCase 1: sometimes my pc...
  5. Windows sometimes boots up quickly and sometimes slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sometimes boots up quickly and sometimes slowly: Greetings mates.Directly getting to point...So, the problem is, my Windows 10 all updates installed as on 28 March 2022, i.e. today sometimes boots up quickly and sometimes slowly, these variances are indefinite, they happen randomly. I have an SSDCase 1: sometimes my pc...
  6. Windows sometimes boots up quickly and sometimes slowly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File thumbnails in Window 11 very low resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File thumbnails in Window 11 very low resolution: I have a folder with about 800 pictures I am trying to go through and delete the bad ones and keep the good ones. I used to start this process by putting the folder view on extra large icons. However since I switched to Windows 11 the extra large icons are small and the...
  8. resolution of camera is very low compared to others on zoom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    resolution of camera is very low compared to others on zoom: every other zoom participant has much higher camera resolution than i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resolution-of-camera-is-very-low-compared-to/3eb239a7-3467-457a-97cf-e1771e3d127a
  9. Camera has very low resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera has very low resolution: Hello, I just bought this laptop Acer Aspire 3 with Core i5 10TH GEN. It also have the Windows 10. But the problem is the CAMERA has a low resolution until 480P only. I'd bought this laptop because I will use this for my VIRTUAL CLASSES....
  10. Windows 10 booting and running very slowly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 booting and running very slowly: My Dell Pecision M6800 has plenty of memory and a fast i7 processor with an 860 EVO mSATA SSD (500GB) and is fully updated. But sometimes, not all of the time decides to run very, very slowly. It can happen having no problems over weeks or it can happen every couple of days....