Windows 10: Pc sometimes shuts down after clicking the power button

Discus and support Pc sometimes shuts down after clicking the power button in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey so, about a month ago, I bought brand components for my PC build, and I noticed an issue witch is really bugging me, after clicking the power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MinecraftThanos, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Pc sometimes shuts down after clicking the power button

Hey so, about a month ago, I bought brand components for my PC build, and I noticed an issue witch is really bugging me, after clicking the power button my PC will shut down sometimes, but most of the times it wont, so I got to shut it down in the windows menu, and solutions how can I fix this?

submitted by /u/MinecraftThanos
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MinecraftThanos, Dec 6, 2020

2. Shut down, restart and sleep button not appearing after clicking on power button

Hello

While clicking on Windows 10 power button shut down, restart and sleep options are not appearing but if i click somewhere around the region the pc gets shutdown or restart. Please look into the matter and suggest me the needful so that the buttons are visible.

Thanks and regards

Sumit Mondal, Dec 6, 2020
  3. When I press the power button sleep, hibernated, or power down don't work my screen goes off but not my pc

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

To assist you better, I would like to know when exactly you had received this error. Are you able to boot the computer?

The following steps detail how to change what happens when the power button is pressed.

By default the power button will tell the computer to shut down, if it is not set to shut down, please follow the below steps.

• In the Windows search box enter ‘Power Options’ and click on it when it appears in the list.
    • On the left of the window, click on the ‘Choose what power buttons do’ link
    • Under ‘When I press the power button’ choose the option you want to change it to
      Shut Down.
    • Click ‘Save changes’ to save the changes.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Power.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

After performing the power troubleshooter, please perform the steps that has been provided above.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 6, 2020
  4. OOOO Win User

Pc sometimes shuts down after clicking the power button

How to disable "5 seconds power button shut off" on a laptop?

I does not suggest you to do this, if you insist on this, try the following steps.

1. Open Control Panel
    2. Find and click System and Security
    3. Find and click Power Options
    4. On the left hand, you will see Choose what the power button does and click it
    5. Click Change settings that are currently unavailable to be able to change the settings
    6. In When I press the power button, you can choose Do nothing

Pc sometimes shuts down after clicking the power button SQHnd.png

Hope this can help you.

OOOO, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Pc sometimes shuts down after clicking the power button

1. Pc sometimes shuts down after clicking the power button - Similar Threads - sometimes shuts down

2. sometimes the PC automatically shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sometimes the PC automatically shut down: I did not shut down my PC, but sometimes it automatically shut down. I did not set any auto shutdown or update. How can I know the reason for the shutdown?...
  3. sometimes the PC automatically shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sometimes the PC automatically shut down: I did not shut down my PC, but sometimes it automatically shut down. I did not set any auto shutdown or update. How can I know the reason for the shutdown?...
  4. Power button LED on while PC is SHUT DOWN

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power button LED on while PC is SHUT DOWN: Hello, I have a Dell OptiPlex 7050 SFF and ever since my I installed a Windows update, when I shutdown my computer the Power Button LED remains white, basically making it impossible for me to tell when it is on/off.I've had this computer for like two months and this has never...
  5. Power Button keep shutting down PC

Power Button keep shutting down PC: It is already set as Do nothing in the Power and sleep button settings, but whenever I accidentally or intentionally try to press the power button, the PC force close all windows and program and then turn to blue shutdown screen and shutdown. I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64...
  6. Power then Shut down Buttons

Power then Shut down Buttons: My choices were: " Power" then "Sleep Shut Down and Restrart." They are now: "Power",then Sleep Update and Shut Down and Update and Restart When I click on "Update and Shut Down", the machine goes back into Restart at once and then takes a long period of time after...
  7. Shut down, restart and sleep button not appearing after clicking on power button

Shut down, restart and sleep button not appearing after clicking on power button: Hello While clicking on Windows 10 power button shut down, restart and sleep options are not appearing but if i click somewhere around the region the pc gets shutdown or restart. Please look into the matter and suggest me the needful so that the buttons are visible....
  8. ms-setting display after i shut down the pc from the power button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ms-setting display after i shut down the pc from the power button: Hello, yesterday when i wanted to shut down the pc to sleep i was going to shut it ordinary from the start with ''shut down'' but it didnt worked so i tried from ctrl-alt-delete but it appeared hard and with some kind of error so i shut it down from the power button. Now...
  9. Power Off button vs. Shut Down button on screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Off button vs. Shut Down button on screen.: Is there any problems using the 'power-button' on the tower vs. using the 'Shut Down' button on screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-off-button-vs-shut-down-button-on-screen/b9c98a3c-b0d5-4436-8acd-39788bab7209
  10. Unable to boot up after shutting down the pc with the power button on

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot up after shutting down the pc with the power button on: Hello I am writing this here and hoping for the reasoning behind the problem. I recently bought z97-g43 motherboard as the old one broke and after buying it i got a replacement as every time when i was shutting down the pc with the button on the case the pc wouldnt turn on...