Windows 10: pc sound is muted

Discus and support pc sound is muted in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Split from this thread.my pc sound muted. i wanted to solve this but i can do solve the audio sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mona123j, Jan 21, 2022.

1. mona123j Win User

pc sound is muted

Split from this thread.my pc sound muted. i wanted to solve this but i can do solve the audio sound

:)

mona123j, Jan 21, 2022

2. Disable beep sound when plugging/unplugging laptop charger

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Disable the PC Speakers and check if it helps.

• Right click on Sound Icon in the task bar and go to Playback devices.
    • Select Speaker and click on properties.
    • Go to Levels tab, and mute (or you can reduce it) PC Speaker and check if it helps.

Vanan Iyer, Jan 23, 2022
  3. tallguy Win User
    Sound won't come back after muting

Problem:

Plugging headphones (Sound plays) -> Muting -> Unmuting -> Sound doesn't play anymore

Fix (No restart required)

Sound doesn't play -> Mute (with headphones in) -> Unplug headphones ->Unmute (with headphones out) -> Mute (with headphones out) -> Plug headphones -> Unmute (with headphones in).

This is the shortest pattern I could find. Important to follow step by step. It might not work because I have no idea why it works on my end (without starting conspiracy theories about boolean variables being out of sync on the audio driver, which would be the most embarassing thing ever for whoever wrote these drivers).

tallguy, Jan 23, 2022
  4. Junaid_A Win User

pc sound is muted

Muted mic picking up sound in game

Hi JonPaul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the internal mic picking up sound even when the external device is pluuged in. If you have the RealTek HD Audi Manager installed on the machine, I would suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for
    you.

• Open RealTek HD Audio Manager and go to the
      Advanced tab.
    • Check the boxes Separate all input jacks as independent input devices
      and Mute the internal output device, when external headphone is plugged in,
      and hit OK.
    • Exit RealTek HD Audio Manager, restart the machine and see if the issue persists.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 23, 2022
Thema:

pc sound is muted

1. pc sound is muted - Similar Threads - sound muted

2. all purchases blocked get disconnected from sites and YouTube always mute. No sound at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all purchases blocked get disconnected from sites and YouTube always mute. No sound at all: all purchases blocked get disconnected from sites and YouTube always mute. No sound at all. Even if I remove the little x on top https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-purchases-blocked-get-disconnected-from-sites/a75aebe2-0277-4a0f-872f-b212837ce50e
  3. all purchases blocked get disconnected from sites and YouTube always mute. No sound at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    all purchases blocked get disconnected from sites and YouTube always mute. No sound at all: all purchases blocked get disconnected from sites and YouTube always mute. No sound at all. Even if I remove the little x on top https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-purchases-blocked-get-disconnected-from-sites/a75aebe2-0277-4a0f-872f-b212837ce50e
  4. Sounds from other applications are muted for the first few seconds when i'm playing a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sounds from other applications are muted for the first few seconds when i'm playing a game.: Hello,Recently I've experienced an issue where the sound from applications takes a while to 'activate' when I'm playing a game. For example when I press my toggle mute button for discord which is running in the background, I dont hear the sound notification of me muting...
  5. Sounds from other applications are muted for the first few seconds when i'm playing a game.

Sounds from other applications are muted for the first few seconds when i'm playing a game.: Hello,Recently I've experienced an issue where the sound from applications takes a while to 'activate' when I'm playing a game. For example when I press my toggle mute button for discord which is running in the background, I dont hear the sound notification of me muting...
  6. Constant crackling sound from speaker, whether on mute or not. Same when the volume is on zero.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant crackling sound from speaker, whether on mute or not. Same when the volume is on zero.: Constant crackling sound from speaker, whether on mute or not. Same when the volume is on zero. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/constant-crackling-sound-from-speaker-whether-on/468e93d9-e55c-437b-9876-9ee41da1f198
  7. Constant crackling sound from speaker, whether on mute or not. Same when the volume is on zero.

Constant crackling sound from speaker, whether on mute or not. Same when the volume is on zero.: Constant crackling sound from speaker, whether on mute or not. Same when the volume is on zero. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/constant-crackling-sound-from-speaker-whether-on/468e93d9-e55c-437b-9876-9ee41da1f198
  8. How do I disable/mute the clicking sound when interacting with my keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable/mute the clicking sound when interacting with my keyboard?: When I type on my keyboard with headphones, my keyboard makes an irretable clicking sound on every key I tap. I'm currently using Windows 11 and have my AirPod Pro's connected to my device....
  9. How do I disable/mute the clicking sound when interacting with my keyboard?

How do I disable/mute the clicking sound when interacting with my keyboard?: When I type on my keyboard with headphones, my keyboard makes an irretable clicking sound on every key I tap. I'm currently using Windows 11 and have my AirPod Pro's connected to my device....
  10. 1 second mute in audio sound if the audio or video media has been paused for around 30...

1 second mute in audio sound if the audio or video media has been paused for around 30...: This isn't a syncing issue I don't think. It's a "muted" for a second issue. I haven't found the exact amount of seconds it takes to cause this issue, but after appromimately 30 seconds after a pause of an audio file or video with audio ex: Youtube, when pressing play to...