Windows 10: Pc spasms in and out of source screen black screen trying to set the display output.

Discus and support Pc spasms in and out of source screen black screen trying to set the display output. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I connect my hp elite 8300 sff to my samsung 32 inch monitor I am having trouble with the source mode rapidly flickering and trying to stabilize.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by brandonkirk2, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Pc spasms in and out of source screen black screen trying to set the display output.

When I connect my hp elite 8300 sff to my samsung 32 inch monitor I am having trouble with the source mode rapidly flickering and trying to stabilize. It is not switching between sources, just seems its trying to connect to the source I am on. This usually occurs after I have been playing or try to load a game. It also occurs when loading browsers and opening folders/files. At times it will constantly flicker in and out of the source mode and I have to restart my pc.

Please help

:)

brandonkirk2, Jan 22, 2021
  2. Jessen P Win User

Get a black screen after installation of the Anniversary Update

Hi,

If you’re seeing a black screen, there might be a connection problem with your PC or display.

• If you’re using a desktop PC, check to see if your display is plugged in and turned on. Also, try connecting to different video outputs on your PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent to a different display adapter or output.
    • If you have a TV connected to your PC, make sure it's turned on and set to the input for your PC.
    • Try projecting to a different monitor. Press the Windows logo key + P, press P, and then press Enter. Repeat this step to go through the different screen options.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14106/windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please revert if you still face issues with the black screen.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Black Screen

Hi Tracy,

Thank you for pasting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please follow the below steps to resolve this issue.

We have been seeing black screen issues of several types after upgrading to Windows 10. The main causes observed so far are driver issues, output to unexpected port, and possibly also issues with the Lock Screen app. Please use these steps:

If you see the black screen only after sign-in
    and you can see a mouse cursor:

• While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager.
    • If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab and ending the task.
      • If this resolves the black screen, use corruption resolution steps (dism, then sfc), and run the all apps PowerShell command in

• If this does not work, use File, Run new task in Task Manager to start an Administrator CMD window. Use this to create a new administrator user with the following commands (changing “<password>” to something of the customer’s choosing):

net user test <password> /add

net localgroup Administrators test /add
    • This will give you a test user to try, which will confirm if the issue is user or system-specific.
    If you see the black screen or have a flickering screen before sign-in:

• Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:
      • To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, DisplayPort to VGA, or any other combination.
    • Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.
      • Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work)
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Pc spasms in and out of source screen black screen trying to set the display output.

Black around screen

HI,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We have been seeing black screen issues of several types after upgrading to Windows 10. The main causes observed so far are driver issues, output to unexpected port, and possibly also issues with the Lock Screen app. Please use these steps:

If you see the black screen only after sign-in
    and you can see a mouse cursor:

• While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager.
    • If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab and ending the task.
      • If this resolves the black screen, use corruption resolution steps (dism, then sfc), and run the all apps PowerShell command in

• If this does not work, use File, Run new task in Task Manager to start an Administrator CMD window. Use this to create a new administrator user with the following commands (changing “<password>” to something of the customer’s choosing):

net user test <password> /add

net localgroup Administrators test /add
    • This will give you a test user to try, which will confirm if the issue is user or system-specific.
    If you see the black screen or have a flickering screen before sign-in:

• Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:
      • To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, DisplayPort to VGA, or any other combination.
    • Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.
      • Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work)
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Nachappa C K, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Pc spasms in and out of source screen black screen trying to set the display output.

1. Pc spasms in and out of source screen black screen trying to set the display output. - Similar Threads - spasms source screen

2. Screen Blacked out after failed display driver installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Blacked out after failed display driver installation: Hi,I was updating my display drivers in the clean install mode i.e. Older drivers are deleted and afterwards newer ones are installed, when my pc powered off because of the electricity failure. WHen I restarted it, the Asus logo, however, did appear and the beep of windows...
  3. negative display on screen resulting in blacked-out printing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    negative display on screen resulting in blacked-out printing: After moving the computer from one corner to another, my display shows a negative display lots of black background with white text but not on the pages of the other users of this Dell Optiplex 760 connected to an HP w2207h screen. This negative display results in prints not...
  4. Screen blacks out on UAC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen blacks out on UAC: We are having an issue where when we are doing things as administrators on a user's machine and the UAC pops up.. as soon as we hit CTRL + ALT + DEL the screen blacks out. The prompt to enter credentials sometimes pops up after some minutes, most of the time it never pops...
  5. Screen black out constantly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen black out constantly: Hello, My computer screen is constantly blacking out for several seconds to maybe 30 seconds. At the beginning it only happens once or twice a day, now it happens 10 to 20 times a day. The system is up to date, and the IT person from my school also could not fix the...
  6. Black screen problem when pc tries to come out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen problem when pc tries to come out of sleep mode: hello, About two months ago, I had a problem with not getting out of sleep mode, so I had to press the restart button on Case to bring up the screen. I checked the error checking section of the C drive, in cmd i used sfc /scannow command and dism /online /cleanup-image...
  7. Screen keeps blacking out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen keeps blacking out: Hello, The screen keeps blacking out on and off and sometimes doesn't even want to resume. I bought a new monitor and it does the same thing. Sometimes it works for a longer period and sometimes not at all. I tried all recommendations about monitor flickering. That doesn't...
  8. Black Out Screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Black Out Screen: Hi, Please for some time ago, when I connect my external Seagate 500 GB expansion card to my Computer it takes long to load some fileshaving a message on file manager that ''Not Responding'' and in most cases these files and program installed on them do not start at all. I...
  9. Blacking out screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blacking out screen: Recently I went through the update and now my camera app is not showing any image but a blank screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blacking-out-screen/1583ef52-bb9a-4fb6-a64c-3e52ecaa80ed
  10. screen blacking out

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen blacking out: How do I adjust the time my screen takes to black out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-blacking-out/966b7dbf-31a6-43cb-8cca-8d98ae245e99