Windows 10: PC stalls intermittently

Discus and support PC stalls intermittently in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, We have a user at our company that is currently experiencing intermittent stalls. The best way I can describe the issue is the user will be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jon R.815, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Jon R.815 Win User

PC stalls intermittently

Hello,

We have a user at our company that is currently experiencing intermittent stalls. The best way I can describe the issue is the user will be working and the PC will non-responsive and applications will begin to flicker. If you try opening Task Manager to view running processes, task manager will move behind and in front of other windows and you can't interact with it. This issue appears to clear on its own after a few minutes. I've reviewed the Event Logs, updated all the pertinent drivers and ran a memory test but the issue persists. Has anyone else experienced this? Any responses are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

:)

Jon R.815, Jan 30, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Intermittent HDD Stall/Noise Which Can Be Fixed By Win10 Reinstall

It's the text summary on the GUI I meant: e.g.

PC stalls intermittently [​IMG]

dalchina, Jan 30, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 30, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

PC stalls intermittently

Losing internet connection intermittently only on laptop

Hi Lindamartin,

For us to know the reason why your laptop is losing internet connection intermittently and how to fix it, we would like to know more information:

• Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it will solve the issue:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Internet Connections.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

We suggest you to update the Network adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Expand the
    Network adapters driver from the list.

3. Right click on the driver and click on
    Update driver Software.

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

PC stalls intermittently

1. PC stalls intermittently - Similar Threads - stalls intermittently

2. USB Wireless Mouse Pointer Lags, Stalls, Resists Moving to Some Objects - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Wireless Mouse Pointer Lags, Stalls, Resists Moving to Some Objects - Windows 11: My Logitech USB wireless M510 Mouse is part of a combo with a K545 keyboard. It is a few years old now, but has functioned reliably until around last winter. The keyboard continues to work as expected.Beginning last winter, the mouse pointer began stalling and lagging when...
  3. USB Wireless Mouse Pointer Lags, Stalls, Resists Moving to Some Objects - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Wireless Mouse Pointer Lags, Stalls, Resists Moving to Some Objects - Windows 11: My Logitech USB wireless M510 Mouse is part of a combo with a K545 keyboard. It is a few years old now, but has functioned reliably until around last winter. The keyboard continues to work as expected.Beginning last winter, the mouse pointer began stalling and lagging when...
  4. My windows pc screen goes black and then completely stalls with the power on and sometimes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows pc screen goes black and then completely stalls with the power on and sometimes...: I installed a new graphics card in my pc and roughly since then it started to black screen crash but its weird because for the first 10 or 15 seconds just the screen goes black and the game seemingly freezes as I don't hear the noise of switching through the menu's but do...
  5. My windows pc screen goes black and then completely stalls with the power on and sometimes...

My windows pc screen goes black and then completely stalls with the power on and sometimes...: I installed a new graphics card in my pc and roughly since then it started to black screen crash but its weird because for the first 10 or 15 seconds just the screen goes black and the game seemingly freezes as I don't hear the noise of switching through the menu's but do...
  6. i cant in stall gaming sevises

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant in stall gaming sevises: my Microsoft store is locked to my work account and it is preventing me to do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-in-stall-gaming-sevises/969cab5d-5b7f-4e00-a925-ce81a449a2e6
  7. i cant in stall gaming sevises

i cant in stall gaming sevises: my Microsoft store is locked to my work account and it is preventing me to do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-in-stall-gaming-sevises/969cab5d-5b7f-4e00-a925-ce81a449a2e6
  8. BSOD - HP Envy SleekBook Shutting Down and stalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - HP Envy SleekBook Shutting Down and stalling: Hello there, I have a HP Envy SleekBook m6-k010dx laptop. As of a couple months ago, my laptop would randomly shut down once it hits 50% on the laptop. However, when the laptop is turned on and plugged in, the entire laptop stalls and doesn't boot up properly. I've done...
  9. BSOD - HP Envy SleekBook Shutting Down and stalling

BSOD - HP Envy SleekBook Shutting Down and stalling: Hello there, I have a HP Envy SleekBook m6-k010dx laptop. As of a couple months ago, my laptop would randomly shut down once it hits 50% on the laptop. However, when the laptop is turned on and plugged in, the entire laptop stalls and doesn't boot up properly. I've done...
  10. Intermittent HDD Stall/Noise Which Can Be Fixed By Win10 Reinstall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intermittent HDD Stall/Noise Which Can Be Fixed By Win10 Reinstall: I have a Windows 10 Home desktop with a SSD containing my Win10 installation and an internal HDD which I use for applications/storage. About a year ago, my HDD (Toshiba) started making noises and stalling. The behavior would make a buzz as if the disk was spinning up, run...