Windows 10: PC start-up 4:3

Discus and support PC start-up 4:3 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hello, my windows 10 pc keeps using the aspect ratio 4:3 and turning my monitor back to 60hz when sign into my computer. to fix this i have to keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DanielFULL, May 26, 2021.

1. PC start-up 4:3

hello, my windows 10 pc keeps using the aspect ratio 4:3 and turning my monitor back to 60hz when sign into my computer. to fix this i have to keep restarting my computer to get the aspect ratio back to 16:9. Please can you give me advice? Thanks.

:)

DanielFULL, May 26, 2021

2. Surface Pro 4 Battery issues

If the laptop works without the battery than the charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install the latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

PC start-up 4:3 pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions won't resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to the laptop.

4. When you log in to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If the battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 26, 2021
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, May 26, 2021
  4. PC start-up 4:3

Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, May 26, 2021
Thema:

PC start-up 4:3

1. PC start-up 4:3 - Similar Threads - start

2. Need help fixing right click IN the start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help fixing right click IN the start menu: While trying to fix a prior issue i descovered that my right click has refused to work in the start menu. To clarify i can click on the start menu just fine its in the search in the menu that the right click is not working. the menu that is supposed to pop up after the right...
  3. Need help fixing right click IN the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help fixing right click IN the start menu: While trying to fix a prior issue i descovered that my right click has refused to work in the start menu. To clarify i can click on the start menu just fine its in the search in the menu that the right click is not working. the menu that is supposed to pop up after the right...
  4. Can't Start up Software Protection Service

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't Start up Software Protection Service: Just migrated windows and other files from one a SSD to a M.2, and now my activate windows watermark is back and the software protection service is not running and I am unable to get it running. I get an error code 5: Access Denied when I try to run in manually in Services. I...
  5. Can't Start up Software Protection Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Start up Software Protection Service: Just migrated windows and other files from one a SSD to a M.2, and now my activate windows watermark is back and the software protection service is not running and I am unable to get it running. I get an error code 5: Access Denied when I try to run in manually in Services. I...
  6. Can't Start up Software Protection Service

7. C:\PROGRAM DATA\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\START MENU \PROGRAMS\BOOKING.COM.LINK IDENTIFIED AS...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C:\PROGRAM DATA\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\START MENU \PROGRAMS\BOOKING.COM.LINK IDENTIFIED AS...: C:\PROGRAM DATA\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\START MENU \PROGRAMS\BOOKING.COM.LINK IDENTIFIED AS SECURITY RISK BY ANTIVIRUS After quarantine, download and restart attempt, computer unable to start. Had to get HP tech. Follwed directions to get PC back on line, Had to delete Windows and...
  8. C:\PROGRAM DATA\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\START MENU \PROGRAMS\BOOKING.COM.LINK IDENTIFIED AS...

C:\PROGRAM DATA\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\START MENU \PROGRAMS\BOOKING.COM.LINK IDENTIFIED AS...: C:\PROGRAM DATA\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\START MENU \PROGRAMS\BOOKING.COM.LINK IDENTIFIED AS SECURITY RISK BY ANTIVIRUS After quarantine, download and restart attempt, computer unable to start. Had to get HP tech. Follwed directions to get PC back on line, Had to delete Windows and...
  9. Hi, my pc recently went through water damage and when it finally started up again, i...

Hi, my pc recently went through water damage and when it finally started up again, i...: I don't know my password and I can't use command prompt as my account is not the main account. I can use it but with limitations. I've tried all i can with it and i can't do much. I used the start menu and when i tried to factory reset it using all the options it gave me many...
  10. Hi, my pc recently went through water damage and when it finally started up again, i...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hi, my pc recently went through water damage and when it finally started up again, i...: I don't know my password and I can't use command prompt as my account is not the main account. I can use it but with limitations. I've tried all i can with it and i can't do much. I used the start menu and when i tried to factory reset it using all the options it gave me many...