Windows 10: PC START UP PROBLEMS

Discus and support PC START UP PROBLEMS in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, My pc won't start. There was a windows update which I accepted last night when turning the pc off. This morning I tried to turn it on. All I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by davidpiper9, May 14, 2020.

1. PC START UP PROBLEMS

Hi,

My pc won't start.

There was a windows update which I accepted last night when turning the pc off.

This morning I tried to turn it on. All I have is a black screen with some dots going round in a circle.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

David

:)

davidpiper9, May 14, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 14, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 14, 2020
  4. PC START UP PROBLEMS

PC goes into black screen and froze

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not a software related issue which is why I was suggesting that you remove the video card to start with since it's such an easy process of elimination step.

I'm not familiar with AMD CPUs, I did see that you had listed in your system specs but I had no idea whether or not it has an iGPU

Is there any possibility of you being able to get your hands on any compatible video card at all?it would be the easiest step to try to troubleshoot or at least one of the easier ones. You should be able to get into the bios without anything but A display cable hooked up to the motherboard

jboydgolfer, May 14, 2020
Thema:

PC START UP PROBLEMS

1. PC START UP PROBLEMS - Similar Threads - START PROBLEMS

2. There was a notification " There was a problem starting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There was a notification " There was a problem starting...: There was a notification " There was a problem starting C:\PROGR~3\PROTOC~1\BPMFPO~1\GAMEHM~DLL. What should I do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-was-a-notification-there-was-a-problem/5bf0d8c3-b335-47d6-88b3-68de56943fa2
  3. There was a notification " There was a problem starting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There was a notification " There was a problem starting...: There was a notification " There was a problem starting C:\PROGR~3\PROTOC~1\BPMFPO~1\GAMEHM~DLL. What should I do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-was-a-notification-there-was-a-problem/5bf0d8c3-b335-47d6-88b3-68de56943fa2
  4. There was a notification " There was a problem starting...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows start-up problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows start-up problem: My hp elitebook revolve 810 does not get past the hp starting screen. When I on the laptop it show the hp logo with a suggestion at the bottom corner asking to enter the BIOS system than the screen goes blank and then the logo screen comes back, this happens repeatedly....
  6. Windows start-up problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows start-up problem: My hp elitebook revolve 810 does not get past the hp starting screen. When I on the laptop it show the hp logo with a suggestion at the bottom corner asking to enter the BIOS system than the screen goes blank and then the logo screen comes back, this happens repeatedly....
  7. Windows start-up problem

8. Device ACPI\MSFT0001\4&c16f8a0&0 had a problem starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device ACPI\MSFT0001\4&c16f8a0&0 had a problem starting: MY LAPTOP :- LENOVO LEGION Y520 Gaming labtopI Have problem in Num lock it was work but suddenly after update at 3/23/2024 9:20:58 PM the button num lock stop working and each time it give me sound when i press it i tried all possible way to solve it such as change the value...
  9. Device ACPI\MSFT0001\4&c16f8a0&0 had a problem starting

Device ACPI\MSFT0001\4&c16f8a0&0 had a problem starting: MY LAPTOP :- LENOVO LEGION Y520 Gaming labtopI Have problem in Num lock it was work but suddenly after update at 3/23/2024 9:20:58 PM the button num lock stop working and each time it give me sound when i press it i tried all possible way to solve it such as change the value...
  10. Start up cannot repair your PC problem

Start up cannot repair your PC problem: Hello sir i am in deep problem . I was going to reset my laptop from settings reset my pc then it told me Reset this PC Keep my files option "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made." And then i entered in deep problem then my laptop cannot re open it...