Windows 10: PC Start Up Stuck at Lock Screen

Discus and support PC Start Up Stuck at Lock Screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi so my dad recently got a all in one pc, an acer model. Out of no where it doesn't let you log in anymore. At the lock screen if you press a key the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Amandipp, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Amandipp Win User

PC Start Up Stuck at Lock Screen

Hi so my dad recently got a all in one pc, an acer model. Out of no where it doesn't let you log in anymore. At the lock screen if you press a key the background will get blurry but nothing pops up for entering your pin. I've tried booting the pc in safe mode but after restarting it didn't fix the problem and I can't enter safe mode anymore. When I try entering safe mode by holding shift and pressing restart it just restarts normally.

:)

Amandipp, Jun 1, 2021

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 1, 2021
  3. Lock Screen Image Issue

Hi Kirby,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I would suggest you to set the default pictures as the Lock Screen picture from the PC and check if it works or not.

Follow the steps below:

• In start type "settings" and press enter.
    • Select Personalize
    • From the left click on "Lock screen"
    • Select the default picture and conform by preview.
    Please do get back to us to assist you better with issue you are facing.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 1, 2021
  4. goosmurf Win User

Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

The first suggestion is not helpful since the problem is that we have many open programs stuck behind the lock screen.

I have run into this problem and tried the On-screen keyboard but it does not help.

An additional data point is that it does not matter what password is entered.

Enter correct password -> spinner shows up, after about 30 seconds the spinner goes away and the screen remains locked.

Enter blank password (simply hit Enter) -> same behaviour as above.

The behaviour is the same whether using physical or On-screen keyboards.

goosmurf, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

1. PC Start Up Stuck at Lock Screen - Similar Threads - Start Stuck Lock

2. pc stuck on start up screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc stuck on start up screen: im having trouble with my pc starting up as it keeps on freezing on the start up screen with the windows logo and loading wheel. ive tried the different methods i could find including doing a complete reinstall of windows 10 but it still keeps freezing....
  3. pc stuck on start up screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc stuck on start up screen: im having trouble with my pc starting up as it keeps on freezing on the start up screen with the windows logo and loading wheel. ive tried the different methods i could find including doing a complete reinstall of windows 10 but it still keeps freezing....
  4. pc stuck on start up screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My PC is stuck on the start up screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is stuck on the start up screen?: My PC is frozen in the start up screen. Last night I restarted my PC and a screen showed "Repairing disk errors. This may take over an hour". Then I got stuck in a loop of my PC trying to automatically repair itself. Now my PC is stuck in the start up screen...
  6. My PC is stuck on the start up screen?

My PC is stuck on the start up screen?: My PC is frozen in the start up screen. Last night I restarted my PC and a screen showed "Repairing disk errors. This may take over an hour". Then I got stuck in a loop of my PC trying to automatically repair itself. Now my PC is stuck in the start up screen...
  7. My PC is stuck on the start up screen?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Stuck in lock screen and pc is not starting in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in lock screen and pc is not starting in safe mode: When i start my pc the lockscreen has no wallpaper and i cant get to the password entry box. I can just drag the clock up and down. When i try to start in safe mode, the system just boots all the way to the lockscreen again....
  9. Stuck in lock screen and pc is not starting in safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in lock screen and pc is not starting in safe mode: When i start my pc the lockscreen has no wallpaper and i cant get to the password entry box. I can just drag the clock up and down. When i try to start in safe mode, the system just boots all the way to the lockscreen again....
  10. Stuck in lock screen and pc is not starting in safe mode