Windows 10: Pc starting but no power/signal to keyboard, mouse or monitor

Discus and support Pc starting but no power/signal to keyboard, mouse or monitor in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, So I've had my gaming pc for a while now. It runs fine but recently did a factory reset and followed this guide... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LewisRandles, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Pc starting but no power/signal to keyboard, mouse or monitor

Hi,

So I've had my gaming pc for a while now.

It runs fine but recently did a factory reset and followed this guide afterwards;ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJTCwSX9Ym8&list=WL&index=5&t=0s it was fine and so I left it on just downloading a game a few days later, nothing unusual. I came back to it on but no signal on monitor and no power to keyboard and mouse. I've tried going back to a restore point before following the youtube video and still not working so I don't think that's the problem.

Operating System - Windows 10

Device - Zoostorm Computer

Specs -

ProcessorIntelR CoreTM i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz

Video CardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Video Card #2NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

RAM16 GB

Operating SystemWindows 10

But it had been working fine, the only thing I could think of is if I had a pre-existing virus or something that was causing this but surely that would've done this sooner. Anyway, right now when I turn my pc off it does the above again, power to the pc but no keyboard or mouse power and no signal to keyboard. I have figured out that if I take one stick of RAM out I have two 8gb RAM and start it up on just one it all boots up and powers everything fine. I then it off, insert the other stick of RAM and start it up again and it works. But then I power it off at the end of the day and have to repeat those steps again the next morning. This has been happening for a week-ish now and it's just getting time consuming and annoying to do everyday.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Lewis.

:)

LewisRandles, Mar 26, 2020
  2. WhyMe Win User

PC turns on, No signal, keyboard/mouse.

Do you own or can you borrow/get hold of a multimeter?

What is your beep code? These are the codes listed by Asus for your board.

Pc starting but no power/signal to keyboard, mouse or monitor [​IMG]

WhyMe, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Jez :) Win User
    PC works fine, no video signal or power to keyboard and mouse?

Hi, my PC has not been operational for about 2 weeks, and I'm not getting video signal and there is no power to my keyboard and mouse.
    What I have tried to solve the problem:
    • Connected PC speaker
    • Disconnected hard drive
    Please note that all of my components are working I think that this is a software/BIOS problem?
    Specs:
    • Intel Core i5 6600
    • Asus B150M-AD3
    • 8gb DDR3 1333(1x)
    • Gigabyte GTX 780Ti
    Thanks
    EDIT: I have tried removing my CMOS battery, and the same thing happens. Was I meant to short the pins again? Did I do something wrong? Thanks
    Edit 2: I removed the battery, discharged the capacitors and it STILL happens? Is my motherboard dead I really hope this isn't the case *Frown Pc starting but no power/signal to keyboard, mouse or monitor :(

Jez :), Mar 26, 2020
  4. Pc starting but no power/signal to keyboard, mouse or monitor

Monitor looses signal along with keyboard and mouse

hi, i have Microsoft Windows 10 installed on HP Micro Tower. Intel 2 core duo processor, Nvidia GT220 and Ram is 4gb.

on normal use the pc works around fine, but when i open a couple of extra tabs or use apps, the monitor tends to go blank (looses signal), along with a noise from the speaker (stops after 3 seconds) and the keyboard-mouse (usb) tend to loose power along
    with connectivity . The led on the cpu blinks. On force shutting down and restarting, pc tends to work fine. But on excessive use (extra tabs), or video play this tends to happen

ValerioViegas, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Pc starting but no power/signal to keyboard, mouse or monitor

1. Pc starting but no power/signal to keyboard, mouse or monitor - Similar Threads - starting power signal

2. PC has power; attempts to boot; no signal to monitor or wired mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC has power; attempts to boot; no signal to monitor or wired mouse: HP Pavilion PC. Is older, but was working fine yesterday. Went to shut down; it paused and asked “shut down or advanced options?” and I chose the former. Now, won’t boot up. Press start button, fans turn on and CPU I assume starts whirling, but no signal to monitor or wired...
  3. PC has power; attempts to boot; no signal to monitor or wired mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC has power; attempts to boot; no signal to monitor or wired mouse: HP Pavilion PC. Is older, but was working fine yesterday. Went to shut down; it paused and asked “shut down or advanced options?” and I chose the former. Now, won’t boot up. Press start button, fans turn on and CPU I assume starts whirling, but no signal to monitor or wired...
  4. PC has power; attempts to boot; no signal to monitor or wired mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC turns on but no power to keyboard, mouse or monitor

PC turns on but no power to keyboard, mouse or monitor: I built my PC around 3 months ago and I have had no problems up until now. When I turn my PC on, all the fans spin on the case and on my CPU cooler and GPU. There is an orange LED that turns on on my motherboard in the bottom left. However, the lights on my keyboard and...
  6. No power to keyboard, mouse or monitor

No power to keyboard, mouse or monitor: I built my PC around 3 months ago and I have had no problems up until now. When I turn my PC on, all the fans spin on the case and on my CPU cooler and GPU. There is an orange LED that turns on on my motherboard in the bottom left. However, the lights on my keyboard and...
  7. Desktop turns on. No Signal to Monitor, Mouse and Keyboard.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop turns on. No Signal to Monitor, Mouse and Keyboard.: This has happened three times now. But once hard booted it turns on with no issues. Is it possible that the power strip the desktop is plugged into is not giving the PC enough power to fully boot? It is an old power bar. I ask this because I had the same issue with my Xbox...
  8. Monitor looses signal along with keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor looses signal along with keyboard and mouse: hi, i have Microsoft Windows 10 installed on HP Micro Tower. Intel 2 core duo processor, Nvidia GT220 and Ram is 4gb. on normal use the pc works around fine, but when i open a couple of extra tabs or use apps, the monitor tends to go blank (looses signal), along with a...
  9. Pc powering on but monitor doesnt give signal

Pc powering on but monitor doesnt give signal: Hello I have a desktop pc with windows 10 cpu intel i5 6500 gpu sapphire rx 480 nitro 4gb mobo Gigabyte h170 hd3 ram 4+4 hyperx fury ddr4 psu coolermaster 650m! My problem is when I power on my pc after a night my monitor stays black and I have to restart it to work ! What is...
  10. PC turns on, No signal, keyboard/mouse.

PC turns on, No signal, keyboard/mouse.: So I was in my bios and I changed my CPU mode offset sign from + to -, I saved the settings and exited. When the PC restarted it came on perfectly fine but I am getting no signal on my monitor and my razer keyboard & mouse aren't coming on or lighting up. My motherboard is...