Windows 10: PC starts after shutdown again and again

Discus and support PC starts after shutdown again and again in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have this problemalready for years where when i shutdown my pc normally it will turn itself on after 3 seconds and boot up, the only way to shut it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MeerWolke66977, Nov 27, 2023.

1. PC starts after shutdown again and again

I have this problemalready for years where when i shutdown my pc normally it will turn itself on after 3 seconds and boot up, the only way to shut it down is to hold the power button and force it to shutdown, that way it stays turned off. which is obviously not the best thing to do previously on Windows 10 i could disable fast startup feature in Power option settings which fixed the issue, the pc would shutdown normally and not boot up again. Now since Windows 11 forcefully installed itself without my consent, the feature to disable fast startup is not there anymore, i also tried the regi

:)

MeerWolke66977, Nov 27, 2023

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Nov 27, 2023
  3. lindystar Win User
    After Windows 10 update, PC con't start

Good news, pc is back and running.
    zBook was on the right track in that the BIOS was corrupted. However, the solution suggested did not work.
    Fortunately, after considerable digging, I found some information on the Gigabyte site. Following their suggestions, I was able to restore the primary BIOS from the backup BIOS. The whole process took less than 10 minutes.
    Basically, I had to:
    1. Shut off the computer. Unplug all connections to the motherboard except the VGA/DVI output and the keyboard.
    2. Press the POWER button and HOLD it. The computer will start and then shutdown. After the shutdown, release the POWER button.
    3. Press and release the POWER button. The BIOS will go into recovery mode. A BIOS recovery screen will appear and you need only to select from the options that are presented.
    This was a simple solution and I am now up and running.
    Thanks to all who provided suggestions.

lindystar, Nov 27, 2023
  4. R-T-B Win User

PC starts after shutdown again and again

PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

Most important detail to me would be whether these shutdowns are sudden, in which case it's likely a short or PSU issue (capacitor aging maybe?) or graceful windows style shutdowns, which suggests software interference.

It could also be overheating components if it's a sudden shutdown. What are your thermals like?

R-T-B, Nov 27, 2023
Thema:

PC starts after shutdown again and again

1. PC starts after shutdown again and again - Similar Threads - starts shutdown again

2. My laptop turns on again after shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop turns on again after shutdown: the pop up appears when I try to shut down my laptop, I've done it like on youtube but it still doesn't work. please help me thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-turns-on-again-after-shutdown/41e4c375-7784-48eb-a93b-807388220b21
  3. My laptop turns on again after shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop turns on again after shutdown: the pop up appears when I try to shut down my laptop, I've done it like on youtube but it still doesn't work. please help me thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-turns-on-again-after-shutdown/41e4c375-7784-48eb-a93b-807388220b21
  4. My laptop turns on again after shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC starts after shutdown again and again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC starts after shutdown again and again: I have this problemalready for years where when i shutdown my pc normally it will turn itself on after 3 seconds and boot up, the only way to shut it down is to hold the power button and force it to shutdown, that way it stays turned off. which is obviously not the best thing...
  6. PC turns back on again using "shutdown"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC turns back on again using "shutdown": Hi. I have had my pc for about a year and I have run into a strange problem. Sometimes my pc reboots on shutdown. (The fast startup one without holding shift.) This have happened twice now. I had not updated my Nvidia driver for a while and windows decided to install a very...
  7. pc freezing again an again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    pc freezing again an again: why my pc is freezing again again within minutes? despite high configuration like 16 gb ram i5 processor 1050 gtx graphic card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-freezing-again-an-again/f81bfbd3-0778-4178-8959-5ed281a5b1d3
  8. Pc restating again and again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pc restating again and again: After factory resetting windows 10 to try make my pc faster, it comes onto a screen asking me to select my region, keyboard layout and time zone, after clicking next it comes onto a second screen on which It says that there's a problem fixing your pc ready to use and ask me...
  9. Pc restarting again and again

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc restarting again and again: I am not having Quick heal in my pc but still i face problem of system restarting and saying llio.sys failed. Please tell me a solution for it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-restarting-again-and-again/804885aa-bc8c-410d-953f-4fedf263ed6c
  10. PC shutdown during Windows start-up. Fine again after mains off.

in Windows 10 Support
    PC shutdown during Windows start-up. Fine again after mains off.: Hello everyone, I sincerely hope someone can help. My PC turns off or freezes during Windows first boot screen. If it turns off, it is whilst the loading circle of circles is rotating. If it freezes, I don't see the rotating circle. If I then reboot my machine, it powers...