Windows 10: PC starts after shutting down

Discus and support PC starts after shutting down in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows Version 2004 (Build 19041.867) Hey everyone, I have a problem with my PC where it will restart itself without my action and it even started a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tijun, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Tijun Win User

PC starts after shutting down

Windows Version 2004 (Build 19041.867)

Hey everyone,

I have a problem with my PC where it will restart itself without my action and it even started a Discord-Call on it's own while I was in the bathroom after trying to shut it down.

I haven't found anything useful on the internet that could've helped me, hope someone here can help me fix it.

I have attached a picture showing the event-log. I wanted to shutdown my pc 23.03.2021 at about 23:50 and left the room after that and came back in on like 9am the next day.

PC starts after shutting down [​IMG]

:)

Tijun, Mar 23, 2021

2. PC will not complete start up or shut down

Hi Rachelle,

We'll be needing more information about the issue you are experiencing to further assist you.

• What is the exact error message? Please send us a screenshot.
    • Were there changes made on the PC prior to the issue?
    • Does the issue occur only when starting up and shutting down the PC?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Aileen Alf, Mar 23, 2021
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 23, 2021
  4. lindystar Win User

After Windows 10 update, PC con't start

Good news, pc is back and running.
    zBook was on the right track in that the BIOS was corrupted. However, the solution suggested did not work.
    Fortunately, after considerable digging, I found some information on the Gigabyte site. Following their suggestions, I was able to restore the primary BIOS from the backup BIOS. The whole process took less than 10 minutes.
    Basically, I had to:
    1. Shut off the computer. Unplug all connections to the motherboard except the VGA/DVI output and the keyboard.
    2. Press the POWER button and HOLD it. The computer will start and then shutdown. After the shutdown, release the POWER button.
    3. Press and release the POWER button. The BIOS will go into recovery mode. A BIOS recovery screen will appear and you need only to select from the options that are presented.
    This was a simple solution and I am now up and running.
    Thanks to all who provided suggestions.

lindystar, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

1. PC starts after shutting down - Similar Threads - starts shutting down

2. Pc shuts down then starts lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc shuts down then starts lagging: So recently i updated my cpu and motherboard . I had updated the drivers for cpu gpu and motherboard. I was playing one day and suddenly out of nowhere the power supply goes off and then my pc wouldn't open. I got the cable of the psu out and plugged it in again and the my pc...
  3. Pc shuts down then starts lagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc shuts down then starts lagging: So recently i updated my cpu and motherboard . I had updated the drivers for cpu gpu and motherboard. I was playing one day and suddenly out of nowhere the power supply goes off and then my pc wouldn't open. I got the cable of the psu out and plugged it in again and the my pc...
  4. MY PC STARTS AUTOMATICALLY AFTER SHUT DOWN.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MY PC STARTS AUTOMATICALLY AFTER SHUT DOWN.: Hi there. I’m having some problems with my desktop PC, which is running Windows 10 Home 22H2 for x64-based Systems. I recently downloaded and installed the optional quality update “2023-10 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5031445”,...
  5. MY PC STARTS AUTOMATICALLY AFTER SHUT DOWN.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY PC STARTS AUTOMATICALLY AFTER SHUT DOWN.: Hi there. I’m having some problems with my desktop PC, which is running Windows 10 Home 22H2 for x64-based Systems. I recently downloaded and installed the optional quality update “2023-10 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5031445”,...
  6. MY PC STARTS AUTOMATICALLY AFTER SHUT DOWN.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PC just starts , shuts down, starts repeat

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC just starts , shuts down, starts repeat: I cant get anywhere, and all «fixes» assume i can access my pc. How do i boot from usb when i cant access the information needed? I search for how to get my windows key and im told to press win+r etc. Win +R ? I cant get pastthe asus logo for christ sake.........
  8. PC Wont Start After Sudden Shut Down

PC Wont Start After Sudden Shut Down: My Pc has this annoying habit of not starting up for sometimes up to several days after a sudden unexpected shutdown. trying to manually turn it on through a screw driver doesnt help and im pretty surethe power button is fine and the power supply is working since i can see...
  9. PC doesn’t shut down after hitting shut down.

PC doesn’t shut down after hitting shut down.: I just got a new gaming headset and I plugged it in. It updated drivers and then I went to press shutdown. After pressing shutdown, I turned off my monitor and left the room. I came back into the room and was suprised my pc fan lights and keyboard and mouse lights were still...
  10. PC shuts down after turning it on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC shuts down after turning it on: Hello. I have a problem with my pc. I have windows 10 installed, and have formatted and installed windows all over again trying to fix this problem but it didn't do it. When I turn on my pc, the windows logo appears for a few seconds and then the computer shuts off. When I...