Windows 10: PC still connected but cant access sites

Discus and support PC still connected but cant access sites in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am connected using WIFI and my other device as well. However on this laptop it says connected but I cant seems to access any sites at all. It says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mikel_goyette, Dec 3, 2022.

1. PC still connected but cant access sites

I am connected using WIFI and my other device as well. However on this laptop it says connected but I cant seems to access any sites at all. It says that there are problem with connection. Restarting the laptop and router didn't work at the same time I dont have issue in my other device. Only on this laptop. This laptop is up to date as well so I dont know what cause of the issue.

:)

mikel_goyette, Dec 3, 2022
  2. jcaswell Win User

W10 can connect to wider internet but cannot access web pages

I have an odd issue with my W10 laptop linked to Sky broadband in the UK via wifi using a Sky router. The effect is that while I can actually access the internet (I can send and receive emails using Outlook and can connect to other machines using TeamViewer) I cannot access any web site (Google, BBC etc). There is no specific error message, merely that the access request timed out and a suggestion that it may be to do with proxy.

I have tried the following:

1. Other systems (W10 and ios) can access web sites using the same Sky router (therefore probably not a router problem)
    2. I have sent and received emails using Outlook, so the broadband connection is working (probably not a Sky problem)
    3. I have tried two different browsers (Firefox and Edge), no connection (not a browser problem)
    4. I am using Windows Defender and have:
      1. Made sure that Firefox is in the list of allowed systems in its Firewall, no connection after a reboot
      2. Turned off the Firewall and tried again - no connection
    My next step will be to re-install Windows, but has anyone got any other suggestions? Could it be some sort of virus (I have carried out a complete virus check using Defender)

So - any suggestions?

jcaswell, Dec 3, 2022
  3. Connection to frequently used sites

Hi,

Blocked sites and corrupted browser cache are some of the reasons that can prevent you from being able to access some websites. To effectively assist you with your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • Are you using a corporate network connection?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve your concern?
    • Have your tried accessing other sites? If yes, did you encounter the same error.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you clear your Internet Explorer's browsing history, cookies, and cache to eliminate the possible cause of the error. To do this, click this

link
    and select the version of your Internet Explorer to view the appropriate steps.

We'll appreciate if you can send us and update.

Darwin Dim, Dec 3, 2022
  4. Toddbooks Win User

PC still connected but cant access sites

Problem with UK Government sites access

I have a problem with UK Government sites on this computer. I have tried accessing and filing on the companies house site, and have today tried to file a tax return with HMRC. In both cases I have been able to log in, but when moving to the next step to actually do anything I get either an error message or a screen freeze. I have not had problems with any other websites.
    I have used an old laptop computer and found that both sites work well on that machine without problems, using the same email address and access codes, so it would seem that the problem lies with this computer but I cannot work out what the problem might be.
    Are there any suggestions as to what I could try?

Toddbooks, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

PC still connected but cant access sites

1. PC still connected but cant access sites - Similar Threads - still connected cant

2. PC still connected but cant access sites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC still connected but cant access sites: I am connected using WIFI and my other device as well. However on this laptop it says connected but I cant seems to access any sites at all. It says that there are problem with connection. Restarting the laptop and router didn't work at the same time I dont have issue in my...
  3. PC still connected but cant access sites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC still connected but cant access sites: I am connected using WIFI and my other device as well. However on this laptop it says connected but I cant seems to access any sites at all. It says that there are problem with connection. Restarting the laptop and router didn't work at the same time I dont have issue in my...
  4. PC is not connecting to any site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is not connecting to any site: Hi,My PC is connected to the modem via cable and there is internet connection but I cannot connect to any site.Can someone please advise on what I can do.Thanks....
  5. PC is not connecting to any site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC is not connecting to any site: Hi,My PC is connected to the modem via cable and there is internet connection but I cannot connect to any site.Can someone please advise on what I can do.Thanks....
  6. Blocked sites are still accessible

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Blocked sites are still accessible: I am trying to block my kid from being able to search incognito and I have added sites to the blocked list and they are still accessible. Please advise. I would take the computer away from him totally, but he needs it for school in this covid environment....
  7. I cant connect to certain sites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cant connect to certain sites: last 2 months of using microsoft edge was fine, but last week when i try to go on to certain sites like epic games, gamejolt, etc. it doesn't want to connect to the site i used network diagnostics and it showed this The device or resource web proxy is not set up to accept...
  8. connected, secured, have internet. still cant access the web

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    connected, secured, have internet. still cant access the web: So I tried everything from doing things in the command prompt, changing the DNS numbers, resetting network, ect. I can not do anything via internet because I cant access the web. What do I do? submitted by /u/richayxiii [link] [comments]...
  9. internet - connected and secure, still cant access the web

internet - connected and secure, still cant access the web: So I tried everything from doing things in the command prompt, changing the DNS numbers, resetting network, ect. I can not do anything via internet because I cant access the web. What do I do?...
  10. cant connect to certain sites missing protocols

cant connect to certain sites missing protocols: hey, this is my first post so have mercy =x Im not sure when the problem started, maybe after a update or installing a game or something..no clue, but recently i have been having connection issues with certain sites at random. Its the same sites every time but they either...