Windows 10: PC still looking for OneDrive in the old location

Discus and support PC still looking for OneDrive in the old location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just bought a new laptop. After setting it up, I've done two things: -Changed my user name from keddi to andrew (keddi was the old user name in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AndrewKeddis, Dec 9, 2019.

1. PC still looking for OneDrive in the old location

I just bought a new laptop. After setting it up, I've done two things:

-Changed my user name from keddi to andrew (keddi was the old user name in the old laptop)

-Canged the location of OneDrive from C:\Users\keddi to D:\

When I check the properties of OneDrive, I find that the location has already been changed to D:\

However, everytime I open the file explorer I am hit with the message "C:\Users\keddi\OneDrive\Desktop is not available... etc."

I try to go through the process again: unlinking OneDrive, signing in again, and then I find on the wizard window that the OneDrive folder location is set to "C:\Users\andrew\OneDrive". I change the location to D:\ and we're back where we started (same error message)

Can anyone help?

:)

AndrewKeddis, Dec 9, 2019
  2. wallace99 Win User

Problem with location of Pictures library after making pictures available on OneDrive

Thanks Rhina

I did what you suggested but it ended up making OneDrive the Pictures library. This may have something to do with the way i originally moved the Pictures folders to OneDrive. I probably should explain:

Because there already was a (fairly empty) Pictures folder under OneDrive (automatically set up I think when transferring a few Ipad photos to PC via OneDrive) I had moved the top level Pictures folders into D/users/myname/OneDrive rather than moving
    the Pictures folder itself. This was probably a bit stupid but I subsequently moved the top level Pictures folders into that pre-existing Pictures folder on OneDrive and that's how we got to where we are today.

To continue after that diversion. Following the restore you suggested, the pictures folder under Libraries was still wrong but it looked a lot better ie it was no longer offering me a choice of locations for Pictures folders and, instead was just showing
    me all the top level folders for what it (wrongly) thought was the Pictures folder. But it was still not appearing directly under This PC.

My next step was to go into Properties option for Libraries/Pictures. Here I simply added the correct location D/users/myname/OneDrive/pictures and deleted the location D/users/myname/OneDrive which at that time was the current location.

So, on the Positive side:

• Libraries/Pictures now shows what I would expect ie my top level Pictures folders

But, on the negative side:

• Pictures still does not appear under This PC, unlike Documents, Videos, Music etc
    • in the Photos app, if I go to Folders option, it shows the folder as OneDrive, not OneDrive/Pictures even though, if i go into "choose where to look" it is correctly showing OneDrive/Pictures as the location. Obviously i can still get to the photos I need
      but it's an extra unnecessary step
    That's where i am currently.

wallace99, Dec 9, 2019
  3. OneDrive File/Folder location

Yes, followed the MS instructions. Everything looked OK till today when I noticed the "Shadow" OneDrive folder on the system drive (Its old location)

TheOldPuterMan

The Old Puter Man, Dec 9, 2019
  4. PC still looking for OneDrive in the old location

This PC leads to the OneDrive folder.

Hi Lance,

There are different factors as to why the default location of the documents and pictures folder on your computer is defaulting to OneDrive. One possible reason is that you setup OneDrive as the default save location of your files. For us to resolve your
    concern, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer and from the left-hand panel select the
      Documents
      folder from the list.
    • After selecting the Documents folder, right click on it and select
      properties from the list.
    • Select the Location tab, and click on the Restore Default button. (see screenshot below)

PC still looking for OneDrive in the old location 13fa8ffd-5e67-4c83-ace3-0aec740681c2.png
    • Select OK and if prompted to create a folder at the default location, click on
      Yes.
    • If you get a prompt to move all files from the old location to the new default location, click on
      Yes.

Once complete the folder properties windows will close by itself and folder should not be using the default location. Take note that these steps apply to the different folder in your computer.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

PC still looking for OneDrive in the old location

1. PC still looking for OneDrive in the old location - Similar Threads - still looking OneDrive

2. Microsoft Edge tries to recreate old folder in OneDrive PC location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge tries to recreate old folder in OneDrive PC location: Our company uses onedrive buisness to store files and we have a IE compatible web-based program to review and download reports. Whenever I try to "save as" a report, the default is a folder that was located in the OneDrive folder under Users on the C-Drive. Even if i save in...
  3. Microsoft Edge tries to recreate old folder in OneDrive PC location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge tries to recreate old folder in OneDrive PC location: Our company uses onedrive buisness to store files and we have a IE compatible web-based program to review and download reports. Whenever I try to "save as" a report, the default is a folder that was located in the OneDrive folder under Users on the C-Drive. Even if i save in...
  4. Microsoft Edge tries to recreate old folder in OneDrive PC location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows still looking for old OneDrive in D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows still looking for old OneDrive in D drive: I have completely removed OneDrive and everytime I open File Explorer it looks for the account folder in my "D:" drive. I used to have a school account stored on there, but I no longer use this account and want it completely removed. I have unlinked the PC and it converts it...
  6. Windows still looking for old OneDrive in D drive

Windows still looking for old OneDrive in D drive: I have completely removed OneDrive and everytime I open File Explorer it looks for the account folder in my "D:" drive. I used to have a school account stored on there, but I no longer use this account and want it completely removed. I have unlinked the PC and it converts it...
  7. OneDrive is uninstalled. Default Save Location set to drive C. Still saving to OneDrive

OneDrive is uninstalled. Default Save Location set to drive C. Still saving to OneDrive: How do I stop Windows 11 from saving to OneDrive. I have completely uninstalled it. The Default Save Location in settings is set to drive C, yet it still saves everything to the OneDrive folder. This is absolutely ridiculous....
  8. The Old girl still looks great - Vista in 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The Old girl still looks great - Vista in 2020: Here she is: [img] 153558
  9. OneDrive location

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive location: Is it normal to have OneDrive listed under the desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-location/abd82960-4a11-4496-865f-cc66eb8cb0ab
  10. OneDrive Location

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive Location: Hi all, I have a problem that maybe is easy to solve: I run Windows 10 Pro v 1803. 1) I installed OneDrive; it automatically created a OneDrive folder on C. As the OneDrive folder is too large for C, 2) I moved the OneDrive folder from from C to E 3) A bit later I moved...