Windows 10: PC Stopped Booting Up: Attempt To Write To Readonly Memory. iAstorA.sys Failed. Windows 10.

Discus and support PC Stopped Booting Up: Attempt To Write To Readonly Memory. iAstorA.sys Failed. Windows 10. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After using a new computer for not even a week, it stopped booting up. At first, while recording some console game footage via a capture card, my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BlackFrost89, Sep 15, 2018.

1. PC Stopped Booting Up: Attempt To Write To Readonly Memory. iAstorA.sys Failed. Windows 10.

After using a new computer for not even a week, it stopped booting up. At first, while recording some console game footage via a capture card, my PC entered a restart loop, giving me bluescreens directly after booting up, even before I was able to log in again. The most common error message I got was: "Attempted Write To Readonly Memory." -- "What Failed: iAstora.sys". I am using Windows 10.

After a few hard resets, I received the message "Preparing Automatic Repair" during boot-up, and in the repair menu I tried to do a system reset...which did not work and gave me more error messages. I also tried booting up Windows 10 from a USB stick and reinstalling it, but after sitting on a black loading screen with the blue Windows logo for a few minutes, it gave me another bluescreen. I am unable to give the error message here though, as I did not take note of it and I am unable to get to this point anymore, as I am now stuck in a long loading screen if I try this again. After sitting on this loading screen, the PC automatically restarts and attempts booting up again (which obviously does not work).

I have a feeling this might be a hardware issue instead of a software issue, but might as well give it a shot.

:)

BlackFrost89, Sep 15, 2018
  2. Harry9001 Win User

Attempted write on Readonly memory

Hi guys,
    Today I forgot to shut down my computer before leaving for few hours, upon returning when I tried to log in,
    I got a blue screen with the error "Attempted write on readonly memory".

Computer restarted and the same error again, this happened 3 times, then I shut it down manually and let it be idle for a few minutes. After this everything got normal(its been 10mins now).

Is this random/common ?
    You see I use to get lots of blue screens until I got my RAM replaced, which fixed the problem. My replacement arrived a few days ago and today this happened, could it be possible that the blue screen I got today was due to the replacement ram ?

Thanks
    PS I use windows 10

Harry9001, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Daniel602 Win User
    Windows 10 BSOD: Attempted write-to readonly memory

My specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 (working at @3.2ghz not OC)

MOBO: Asus Prime B350 Plus

RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3200mhz 8gb (2x4)

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB

Components were bought in August 2017 and I have installed the latest bios update.

Sometimes I get this BSOD "Attempted write-to readonly memory" when I'm about of 80% RAM usage, it happens when I have many tasks or when I'm playing a video game at high settings which requires lots of RAM.

Steps I've followed:

* Search for updates through Windows Update

* Reboot after updates

* Run a memtest (It says everything is OK)

* Checked the disk through CHKDSK command

DUMP File of my latest BSOD: 061518-18109-01.dmp

Daniel602, Sep 15, 2018
  4. PC Stopped Booting Up: Attempt To Write To Readonly Memory. iAstorA.sys Failed. Windows 10.

Attempt to write readonly memory [BSOD]

Hi,

At random periods of time, I keep getting the "Attempt to write readonly memory." Windows are freshly installed.

I have tried several things:

1) Ensured that all my drivers are up to date;

2) Verified my RAM using windows memory diagnostic tool;

3) Re - plugged hardware components to make sure everything's as it should be.

You can find dump files here

Any help will be appreciated!

PC Stopped Booting Up: Attempt To Write To Readonly Memory. iAstorA.sys Failed. Windows 10. d6135f53-bb2f-401c-afc7-419eee4ddce5.png

BalticUser, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

PC Stopped Booting Up: Attempt To Write To Readonly Memory. iAstorA.sys Failed. Windows 10.

1. PC Stopped Booting Up: Attempt To Write To Readonly Memory. iAstorA.sys Failed. Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Stopped Booting Attempt

2. Stop code: ATTEMPTED WRITE TO READONLY MEMORY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop code: ATTEMPTED WRITE TO READONLY MEMORY: Hi I got this error Stop code: ATTEMPTED WRITE TO READONLY MEMORY I can’t access to troubleshooting items or even reset my pc and I can’t install a new windows because none of the keyboards keys work for boot new windows it just say “keyboard not detected”can you please help...
  3. Stop code: ATTEMPTED WRITE TO READONLY MEMORY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop code: ATTEMPTED WRITE TO READONLY MEMORY: Hi I got this error Stop code: ATTEMPTED WRITE TO READONLY MEMORY I can’t access to troubleshooting items or even reset my pc and I can’t install a new windows because none of the keyboards keys work for boot new windows it just say “keyboard not detected”can you please help...
  4. MEMORY CORRUPTION, ATTEMPTED WRITE TO READONLY MEMORY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MEMORY CORRUPTION, ATTEMPTED WRITE TO READONLY MEMORY: Hello, I'm having issues with some BSOD's.Some background:I rebuilt my setup and went to AM5, new ram and all, computer works fine for a few days then boom, memory BSOD errors left and right.I reinstall windows, temporarily fixes it, now its back.Random drivers trigger it,...
  5. Attempted writing to readonly memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attempted writing to readonly memory: Hi there, I need your urgent help, my laptop is Dell, i am stuck with the blue screen saying attempted to write readonly memory, i have no suspicious apps to uninstall , there are automatic updates of today regarding dell support, update..intel dynamic tuning.. Intel...
  6. Attempted writing to readonly memory

Attempted writing to readonly memory: Hi there, I need your urgent help, my laptop is Dell, i am stuck with the blue screen saying attempted to write readonly memory, i have no suspicious apps to uninstall , there are automatic updates of today regarding dell support, update..intel dynamic tuning.. Intel...
  7. win10 attempted write to readonly memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win10 attempted write to readonly memory: minidumphttps://1drv.ms/u/s!Asxt0kDlmK3JjQnXlZTX2aJFFCrP?e=3mNLmh https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-%E8%93%9D%E5%B1%8F-attempted-write-to/29b0cc00-145a-44d1-a402-73389e021a27
  8. BSoD Attempted write to readonly memory

BSoD Attempted write to readonly memory: I have a computer that randomly twice a day gives me a BSoD ATTEMPTED WRITE TO READONLY MEMORY What Failed vhdmp.sys. I enabled dmp files and have it located here:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14PgXgYTOTEkwrUOsNFuM5yvBSX2mkGA1?usp=sharingI looked at the DMP file and...
  9. BSoD Attempted write to readonly memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD Attempted write to readonly memory: I have a computer that randomly twice a day gives me a BSoD ATTEMPTED WRITE TO READONLY MEMORY What Failed vhdmp.sys. I enabled dmp files and have it located here:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14PgXgYTOTEkwrUOsNFuM5yvBSX2mkGA1?usp=sharingI looked at the DMP file and...
  10. stopcode attempted write readonly memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    stopcode attempted write readonly memory: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoZ-beD86avltxVJrRNaslGR7U81?e=sziLuO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stopcode-attempted-write-readonly-memory/9e211f79-cbe7-4d5e-ab54-5be48186a749
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. attempted write to readonly memory windows 10 fix language:en

2. win10 attempted write to readonly memory iastora.sys

3. disabled GPU card now I get attempting to write to readonly memory when installing windows 10

4. attempted write to readonly memory windows 10 iastora.sys