Windows 10: pc-stopped-working

Discus and support pc-stopped-working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi group, I'm not sure this is windows 10 related, but I'm having this error message or others like it popping up constantly. Cant figure out where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by awildttrout, Nov 8, 2016.

1. pc-stopped-working

Hi group, I'm not sure this is windows 10 related, but I'm having this error message or others like it popping up constantly. Cant figure out where else to find an answer. They are all threats of some sort. Niether Windows Defender or Malwarebytes, or Malwarebytes anti exploit Premium seem to see or stop them.
    Any help would be appreciated.

:)

awildttrout, Nov 8, 2016

2. Connection with PC Suite stopped working

I have done all these: uninstall, cleanup, re-boot and reinstall, at least five times but it did not work. The error message I was getting was "Code 37, Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware" regardless if you have PC suite
    installed or not. I have consulted many experts but none has provided any help. I am really desperate. Thanks.

teddy_zhou, Nov 8, 2016
  3. bedege Win User
    Connection with PC Suite stopped working

Hello

I have about the same problem with my Nokia 3109c. Untill the beginning of this week, I was able to sync contacts and appointments flawlessly between my phone and Lotus Notes 5, using USB cable.

Then, a few days ago, PC Sync decided that it would not sync anymore. Still, I am able to see and send messages from my PC, browse my calendar. But the PC refuses to see my contacts from the phone and pretends that my phone is busy.

Any clue

PS: that happens both on my home and work PCs. Could it come from the phone itself ? If so, should I reset the phone ?

Thks

bedege, Nov 8, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

pc-stopped-working

That sounds like Ransomware, just want to get money from you. Most times I've had luck in just pulling the power cord out to shut the computer fully down, unplugged the cable to the modem/router, starting up and running the antivirus and antimalware programs. If clean plug the cable back in and see if the message comes back.

Berton, Nov 8, 2016
  5. Bree New Member
    Whenever I see a suspicious web address I get an overwhelming urge to do a Whois lookup. This one gave 'interesting' results.

Updated Date: 2016-11-01T13:19:56.0Z
    Creation Date: 2016-11-01T13:13:57.0Z
    Registrant City: Ludhiana
    Registrant State/Province: Punjab
    Registrant Country: IN

So, the name's only been registered for eight days and it's from India. Tends to confirm @Berton's suspicions, though I'm more inclined to think 'Scam' rather than 'Ransom' - a scary message to get you to call them, rather than the 'Windows Technical Support team' phoning you. Either way, they want to talk you into letting them remotely 'fix' your PC - then they demand payment to let you get control of it again.

As Malwarebytes hasn't found anything RKill may help it to do its job proplerly....

Download RKill

And a second opinion from ADWCleaner wouldn't go amiss.

Bree, Nov 8, 2016
  6. awildttrout,

Before starting ADWCleaner, please close your web browser.

You may want to download ADW Cleaner to a different computer, load it on a USB flash drive, and then connect the drive to the affected computer.

Also consider using HitmanPro:
    HitmanPro Malware Removal Tool: Secondary Anti-Virus Scanner | Download HitmanPro 3.7

It is designed to rescue your computer from malware that has infected your computer despite other security measures.

• Use the 32bit or 64bit version, based on your system.
    • When done, the program displays a list of all the malware found. Click on the Next button to remove malware.
    • Then, click on the Activate free license button to begin a free 30 days trial, and remove all the malicious files from your computer.

cottonball, Nov 8, 2016
  7. mrgeek Win User
    I've seen this a number of times. It's designed to have you call and then they do a remote scan and show you alleged viruses which are usually just normal Windows processes and then for a small fee, they will remove them. DO NOT CALL, DO NOT PAY !

This is a harmless scam popup which only appears as you're browsing and has put nothing on your computer which is why Defender and MBAM scans can't find it. Just close the window or tab and if it won't, close the browser via Task Manager. Run CCleaner to clear history and cache and avoid websites which generate this popup. Good Luck

mrgeek, Nov 8, 2016
  8. pc-stopped-working

awildttrout,

As a final check, you can also run HijackThis:
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/deta...ijackthis.html

Save to the Desktop.
    Right-click the HJT file and select: Run as Administrator
    Accept the License Agreement if you decide to run the program.

When the HijackThis console opens, press the following button: Do A system scan and save a logfile

When done scanning, a log opens in Notepad, and also appears on your Desktop.
    *Arrow Please post the HijackThis log in your reply.

Then, go back to the HijackThis program console, press: Config > Misc Tools > Open Uninstall Manager
    Once the Add/Remove Program Manager list appears, click: Save list...
    *Arrow Please save to the Desktop, and also post in your reply.

cottonball, Nov 9, 2016
  9. Thank you to all who responded for your replies. *Wink

awildttrout, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

pc-stopped-working

1. pc-stopped-working - Similar Threads - stopped working

2. On my custom built desktop PC my Bluetooth has randomly stopped working. The Bluetooth...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On my custom built desktop PC my Bluetooth has randomly stopped working. The Bluetooth...: I have encountered a problem using Bluetooth on my Windows 10 PC strange considering I have used Bluetooth for years. I get the following symptoms: - Displaying the following message when attempting to connect devices "Bluetooth is turned off" - The Bluetooth toggle has...
  3. On my custom built desktop PC my Bluetooth has randomly stopped working. The Bluetooth...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On my custom built desktop PC my Bluetooth has randomly stopped working. The Bluetooth...: I have encountered a problem using Bluetooth on my Windows 10 PC strange considering I have used Bluetooth for years. I get the following symptoms: - Displaying the following message when attempting to connect devices "Bluetooth is turned off" - The Bluetooth toggle has...
  4. On my custom built desktop PC my Bluetooth has randomly stopped working. The Bluetooth...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows Hello stopped working, how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello stopped working, how do I fix it?: Hello,I have been running the same windows 10 pc for a couple years now with no issue. About a month ago I started my pc for the day as normal and my PIN didn't work. Instead it told me to log in with my Microsoft password. After doing some digging it appears that Windows...
  6. Windows Hello stopped working, how do I fix it?

Windows Hello stopped working, how do I fix it?: Hello,I have been running the same windows 10 pc for a couple years now with no issue. About a month ago I started my pc for the day as normal and my PIN didn't work. Instead it told me to log in with my Microsoft password. After doing some digging it appears that Windows...
  7. Windows Hello stopped working, how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows stopped working - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was :...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stopped working - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was :...: Dear Sir/Madam,My laptop occasionally experiences a blue screen when shutting down.The stop codes are: "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE" and sometimes "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE".I have the MEMORY.DMP file, accessible through this link:...
  9. Windows stopped working - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was :...

Windows stopped working - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was :...: Dear Sir/Madam,My laptop occasionally experiences a blue screen when shutting down.The stop codes are: "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE" and sometimes "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE".I have the MEMORY.DMP file, accessible through this link:...
  10. Windows stopped working - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was :...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging