Windows 10: PC stops being responsive randomly and forced to power it off

Discus and support PC stops being responsive randomly and forced to power it off in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently my PC has been just been unresponsive at random times, even when not much is being done on the PC. I know the issue isn't due to the CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Girawott, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Girawott Win User

PC stops being responsive randomly and forced to power it off

Recently my PC has been just been unresponsive at random times, even when not much is being done on the PC. I know the issue isn't due to the CPU overheating. Before the whole PC stops being responsive, I'm able to move the mouse around, close windows though it still thinks I have them open. During this time if I unplug something from my PC such as a wifi adapter, it won't turn on. I've already tried reinstalling windows and even fully reset my PC, but the problem still persists. There's also no blue screen or that pops up when this happens.

:)

Girawott, Sep 11, 2020
  2. mwake Win User

Built-in keyboard in laptop randomly stops working / no response

Try again with the pictures... I also included other pictures of the damage the heat has done to the plastic chassis of the laptop. Over the years the heat has become so extreme that bits of plastic around the exhaust grill has melted or chipped off. Also, you can see how the underside of the keyboard takes the brunt of the heat from the CPU fan and battery which sits just underneath the keyboard wires (in fact just a bit of tape separates the keyboard flat cable and the swollen battery.

PC stops being responsive randomly and forced to power it off [​IMG]

Well, just now I tried another tactic. I remember I bought some memory from eBay to push my the capacity form 8gb to 16gb last year and they have worked flawlessly. But I just now put the original 8gb back in to see if its the memory that's causing the weirdness. Although as I've said in my experience failing memory usually gives BSOD, random lockups and hang etc. I'd be surprised how a memory could affect a laptop keyboard in this way but it could be the reason why I was getting problems at boot...

The problem usually shows itself when the laptop has to restart from a cold boot so I'm going to now do a series of a cold boot to see if the issues comes back. If not then ill put the newer 16gb memory back in and do a memory test over the weekend.

I'm starting to think the bios or the regulator that gives power to the keyboard is faulty on the mainboard. Those two issues are expensive fixes though.

mwake, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Internet randomly stops working on laptop

Hi,

Several factors may affect your Internet connection that may potentially affect its performance or for it to stop working randomly. To better assist you, we would like to ask you a few questions:

• Is this the first time that you've encountered the issue using your laptop?
    • Have you made any recent changes on your laptop prior to this issue?
    • Did you encounter any error messages? If so, please send us a screenshot of the exact error.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Sep 11, 2020
  4. PC stops being responsive randomly and forced to power it off

Lost Power, now PC won't boot. Powers on and clicks.

I had tried both of those steps. Neither worked. I have a replacement power supply on order. Should be here on Monday. Thanks for the suggestions.

musiclover7, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

PC stops being responsive randomly and forced to power it off

1. PC stops being responsive randomly and forced to power it off - Similar Threads - stops being responsive

2. PC randomly powering off then on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly powering off then on: Every so often when I'm on my PC, it randomly restarts. Sometimes it gets paired with "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"I can temporarily fix it by just reselecting my HDD as the boot drive, but it doesn't show...
  3. PC randomly powering off then on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly powering off then on: Every so often when I'm on my PC, it randomly restarts. Sometimes it gets paired with "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"I can temporarily fix it by just reselecting my HDD as the boot drive, but it doesn't show...
  4. PC randomly powering off then on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My pc has been randomly freezing forcing me to power it off

My pc has been randomly freezing forcing me to power it off: This problem has been happening for around a week now, around 30 minutes after starting it up for the day it will freeze, then i power it off and it will run fine for the rest of the day. I have tried: updating drivers, reinstalling windows, windows memory diagnostic, and i...
  6. My pc has been randomly freezing forcing me to power it off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc has been randomly freezing forcing me to power it off: This problem has been happening for around a week now, around 30 minutes after starting it up for the day it will freeze, then i power it off and it will run fine for the rest of the day. I have tried: updating drivers, reinstalling windows, windows memory diagnostic, and i...
  7. My pc has been randomly freezing forcing me to power it off

8. Pc freezes randomly and forced to power off, I've tried everything!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc freezes randomly and forced to power off, I've tried everything!: Sorry in advance for bad grammar, I'm not good at writhing paragraphs. For about 2 months my pc has been crashing randomly. First when playing games, then just watching YouTube it would crash at random. I think I solved the crashing problem, but now my pc freezes, most of the...
  9. Pc freezes randomly and forced to power off, I've tried everything!

Pc freezes randomly and forced to power off, I've tried everything!: Sorry in advance for bad grammar, I'm not good at writhing paragraphs. For about 2 months my pc has been crashing randomly. First when playing games, then just watching YouTube it would crash at random. I think I solved the crashing problem, but now my pc freezes, most of the...
  10. Pc freezes randomly and forced to power off, I've tried everything!