Windows 10: PC stops functioning when full screened

Discus and support PC stops functioning when full screened in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I built this PC earlier this year and it has been running beautifully up until this past weekend. Occasionally when full screened (occurred on Twitch,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EtheriosPrime, Aug 31, 2020.

1. PC stops functioning when full screened

I built this PC earlier this year and it has been running beautifully up until this past weekend. Occasionally when full screened (occurred on Twitch, and Spectrum live tv) my PC stops responding to almost everything. The video freezes and I can minimize windows but cant bring them back to front. I can close programs, but the icon on the taskbar is still highlighted. I cant right click on the task bar. None of the buttons on the task bar work. Clicking on reset or shutdown "closes" all programs, and nothing more, among other issues.

Any idea what can be causing it? Any help would be greatly appreciated PC stops functioning when full screened :)

submitted by /u/EtheriosPrime
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EtheriosPrime, Aug 31, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

PC stops functioning when full screened

Blue screen and stop code

Hi
    Jeferis,

There are a lot of factors for this matter to occur. To isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• What activity have you done to
      trigger the NTFS and FAT FILE SYS loop?

• were there any error messages?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

It is possible that the
    Boot
    Sequence were corrupted by the previous activity which
    triggered the Blue Screen Error and the loop. We recommend that you perform these
    suggested troubleshooting
    and see if there are any changes:

Startup Repair.

To access the
    Startup Repair Screen, turn off the
    PC 3-4 times(force shutdown),
    while on the Blue screen Error. This will route you to the
    Startup repair screen:

Advanced Boot Options > click Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt

and run the following command:

Run SFC Scan:  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Boot Record:

This will fix the corruptions on
    boot records or boot
    sequence. To run this command, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:  

• Bootrec /fixMBR  

• Bootrec /fixBoot

• Bootrec /rebuildBCD

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

PC stops functioning when full screened

1. PC stops functioning when full screened - Similar Threads - stops functioning full

2. Borders when in full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Borders when in full screen: HelloWhenever I pick full screen or window an app it has a border around the edge.I was just wondering how would I remove it?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/borders-when-in-full-screen/3abdb4d7-4592-459d-bf8e-fabdb3c33f05
  3. Borders when in full screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Borders when in full screen: HelloWhenever I pick full screen or window an app it has a border around the edge.I was just wondering how would I remove it?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/borders-when-in-full-screen/3abdb4d7-4592-459d-bf8e-fabdb3c33f05
  4. Borders when in full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Borders when in full screen: HelloWhenever I pick full screen on in an app it has a border around the edge.I was just wondering how would I remove it?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/borders-when-in-full-screen/017d639d-3610-4614-87ac-deec1f71c1d7
  5. Borders when in full screen

Borders when in full screen: HelloWhenever I pick full screen on in an app it has a border around the edge.I was just wondering how would I remove it?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/borders-when-in-full-screen/017d639d-3610-4614-87ac-deec1f71c1d7
  6. how to stop Taskbar auto hidding when apps is in full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop Taskbar auto hidding when apps is in full screen: The full screen I mean is the "magnify" button left to the "close" button,when I click magnify on every single app, then it will cover the taskbar but I didn't choose the auto-hide task bar setting,and it even covering its own widget like thishow to solve this?windows 11,...
  7. PC completely stops functioning when left on for some time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC completely stops functioning when left on for some time: Hi, I have been having an issue with my Desktop for quite some time. Whenever I leave my computer on and go do something for some periods of time and return to it, I find that it is on but unresponsive. The mouse and keyboard inputs don't work. Doing Ctrl+Shift+Win+B does...
  8. Screen Dims when in full screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen Dims when in full screen: For the past 3-4 months my screen randomly started dimming when I go fullscreen in various applications. I originally thought it was an Overwatch problem, but it has also happened in zoom whenever someone screenshares. I have tried everything I have found online, messed with...
  9. Cortana stops notifications when desktop is blank [full screen mode]

in Cortana
    Cortana stops notifications when desktop is blank [full screen mode]: Hi, After a fresh install 1909, all updates when I minimize all Windows and have a blank desktop, Cortana stops all notifications because it "thinks" I'm in full screen mode. That's really annoying. Is that a known problem? Is there a solution? Thanks in advance! Maas...
  10. Stop Cortana going full-screen

Stop Cortana going full-screen: I'd like to be able to use Cortana to set timers without it taking up the screen so I have to use the X in the top right corner to continue to use my PC. Having to use my mouse to get Cortana out of the way undermines having been able to use my voice to set the timer. 88029