Windows 10: PC Stops Going To Sleep

Discus and support PC Stops Going To Sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, my W10 desktop PC seems to be stopping going to sleep when I leave it for a while. If I look at Event Viewer there are repeated errors of "The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by stevemackenzie, Mar 5, 2022.

1. PC Stops Going To Sleep

Hi, my W10 desktop PC seems to be stopping going to sleep when I leave it for a while. If I look at Event Viewer there are repeated errors of "The system could not sucessfully load the crash dump driver." This seems to be happening roughly every 30 minutes. Any help to resolve this would be much appreciated.

:)

stevemackenzie, Mar 5, 2022
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

iTunes stops playing when the computer go to sleep

Hi Ross,

Sleep mode is designed to stop all actions on a computer as it puts the device to a low-power state. Since you want to continue using a program even while your computer is locked, we suggest turning off Sleep mode by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Choose Power & Sleep from the left pane.
    • Under Sleep, choose Never.

PC Stops Going To Sleep a56ef514-cf53-4631-8917-a239182dc84a.png

Let us know if you have any other concerns about your computer.

Yolvi Ell, Mar 5, 2022
  3. stop win 10 pc goin sleep

Hi Maximo,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Kindly follow the below steps to stop PC going sleep mode.

• Click on Start and select Settings. Or search for
      Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • From list select Power & Sleep.
    • Now on both Screen and Sleep select the option
      Never.
    Now check if this works. If not, restart the PC and check.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 5, 2022
  4. JamesP47 Win User

PC Stops Going To Sleep

PC does not go to sleep

Since the Windows 10 (1809) March 13th update, my PC does not go to sleep. I've reset the monitor and PC sleep times with no luck.

I've reviewed and attempted all the on-line suggestions again with no luck. Does anyone have any new (post March 13) suggestions?

J

JamesP47, Mar 5, 2022
Thema:

PC Stops Going To Sleep

1. PC Stops Going To Sleep - Similar Threads - Stops Going Sleep

2. Windows 11 will not stop going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 will not stop going to sleep: I am running a fully updated copy of Windows 11 Home, version 22H2. I have the computer set to never go to sleep when it's plugged in but often, when I'm away from the computer for some time, it will go to sleep. It doesn't do it all the time but the issue has gotten worse...
  3. PC not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC not going to sleep: Have a problem of pc not going to sleep, even tho display gets turned off.Through "powercfg /systemsleepdiagnostics" I'm seeing "The system idle time was reset because: An application requires system execution." which is being reported every minute at the time I'm afk. Looked...
  4. PC not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not going to sleep: Have a problem of pc not going to sleep, even tho display gets turned off.Through "powercfg /systemsleepdiagnostics" I'm seeing "The system idle time was reset because: An application requires system execution." which is being reported every minute at the time I'm afk. Looked...
  5. PC not going to sleep

6. PC Stops Going To Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Stops Going To Sleep: Hi, my W10 desktop PC seems to be stopping going to sleep when I leave it for a while. If I look at Event Viewer there are repeated errors of "The system could not sucessfully load the crash dump driver." This seems to be happening roughly every 30 minutes. Any help to...
  7. PC Stops Going To Sleep

PC Stops Going To Sleep: Hi, my W10 desktop PC seems to be stopping going to sleep when I leave it for a while. If I look at Event Viewer there are repeated errors of "The system could not sucessfully load the crash dump driver." This seems to be happening roughly every 30 minutes. Any help to...
  8. Pc not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc not going to sleep: I’ve had my pc for almost 2 years and have never had a problem until recently. And that is that it’s just not going into sleep mode. Every once in a while, it will go to sleep. But 99% off the time the screen will turn off, but the pc itself will stay active. I’ve tried most...
  9. PC is not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC is not going to sleep: My computer is waking up on its own. I tried to fix it but failed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-is-not-going-to-sleep/57a3cf27-eb2b-4880-a222-c5c341c6c877
  10. PC going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC going to sleep: I have a Lenovo Yoga laptop running W10. All of the power settings are set to not sleep (or display to go dark) when the machine is plugged into power. Despite this the laptop always sleeps after about 5 minutes of non use. How can I fix this? Thanks....