Windows 10: PC stops playing online videos after a few hours of use (Twitch, Youtube, Vimeo -it just...

Discus and support PC stops playing online videos after a few hours of use (Twitch, Youtube, Vimeo -it just... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My Windows 10 PC can play most games at acceptable settings for days with no problem. However: for some reason it randomly stops playing online videos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ALFA_BT_youtube, Apr 11, 2021.

1. PC stops playing online videos after a few hours of use (Twitch, Youtube, Vimeo -it just...

My Windows 10 PC can play most games at acceptable settings for days with no problem. However: for some reason it randomly stops playing online videos after a few hours (using any browser) , if I watch Twitch for too long, Youtube, and so on. And the only thing that works is to restart the machine. It doesn't work too simply open a new window and search for another video. I'm currently using Firefox and have turned off hardware acceleration to try and fix it, didn't work.

submitted by /u/ALFA_BT_youtube
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ALFA_BT_youtube, Apr 11, 2021
  2. Nafine Win User

Troubleshooting help: YouTube videos won't play on Windows 10 PC

I just got a new Windows 10 PC & I'm finding that it won't play YouTube videos. Specifically YouTube. In the video area the loading indicator circles indefinitely and I see this message...

Additional info & steps I've tried...

• Netflix plays flawlessly
    • Other Macs, PCs, iOS & Android devices on the same network play YouTube videos no problem
    • I restarted the machine
    • Restarted the cable modem
    • The machine can do other Internet stuff fine -- browse websites, email, etc.
    • I cleared the browser cache & browsing data
    • I tried a different browser (I tried Chrome & MS Edge)
    • I looked under "Windows Defender Security Center > App & browser control" but I don't see anything there about blocking videos.
    • Turned off ad blocker
    • Tried connecting via Ethernet and wi-fi
    • No peripherals connected to the machine

System info

Gigabyte Aero 15x
    Windows 10 Pro

Version 1803

Installed on 8/14/2018

OS build 17134.228

Any help, advice, or further troubleshooting steps would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Nafine, Apr 11, 2021
  3. kenorb Win User
    audio issues: VLC play a video with no sound and YouTube shows an error

If VLC plays a video with no sound (and you've it on), then either:

• it's a problem with your video audio codec (reinstall VLC or codecs),
    • it's a problem with you sound drives; if so, reinstall them, upgrade or revert to stable once.

If YouTube fails with:

you need to should:

• check for HTML5 compatibility issues,
    • try restarting your browser,
    • try different browser (e.g. Brave, Firefox, Waterfox, Epic, Opera, Safari, etc),
    • force browser to fallback to flash video playing,
    • reinstall/upgrade your Flash plugins,
    • try different sites such as Vimeo.

kenorb, Apr 11, 2021
  4. PC stops playing online videos after a few hours of use (Twitch, Youtube, Vimeo -it just...

YouTube videos not playing on Nokia Lumia

I have a Nokia Lumia 635 with Windows 8.1, and recently I'm getting a "this video is not playable" message on some videos on YouTube, mostly studio tracks. They play on my pc though. Is it YouTube or is it my phone? Is there anything I can do about it?
    The videos are in my likes list but I cant watch them on my phone. Unplayable videos used to not come up in search results either and now they do as of the last few days. : ( Suggestions?

Brightphoebus, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

PC stops playing online videos after a few hours of use (Twitch, Youtube, Vimeo -it just...

1. PC stops playing online videos after a few hours of use (Twitch, Youtube, Vimeo -it just... - Similar Threads - stops playing online

2. pc keeps crashing when watching youtube videos or twitch 0x8000400000000002

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc keeps crashing when watching youtube videos or twitch 0x8000400000000002: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 12/12/2023 16:50:17 Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Keywords: 70368744177664,2 User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-DMRI7KR Description: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This...
  3. pc keeps crashing when watching youtube videos or twitch 0x8000400000000002

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc keeps crashing when watching youtube videos or twitch 0x8000400000000002: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 12/12/2023 16:50:17 Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Keywords: 70368744177664,2 User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-DMRI7KR Description: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This...
  4. Online video streaming stops after few minutes of playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Online video streaming stops after few minutes of playing: Hi all,Thanks for your time on reading this post.I'm experiencing a video playback issue when accessing streaming services like Netflix, Binge, Curiosity Stream and more. >>>>>But not with YouTube. YouTube works fine.When I play a video content for few minutes 3-4 minutes on...
  5. Online video streaming stops after few minutes of playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Online video streaming stops after few minutes of playing: Hi all,Thanks for your time on reading this post.I'm experiencing a video playback issue when accessing streaming services like Netflix, Binge, Curiosity Stream and more. >>>>>But not with YouTube. YouTube works fine.When I play a video content for few minutes 3-4 minutes on...
  6. Online video streaming stops after few minutes of playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Video is Frequently stopping and playing in vlc and youtube

Video is Frequently stopping and playing in vlc and youtube: I have tried to reset the laptop but the problem is still there laptop Model :-Hp pavillion gaming laptop 15-dk0xxx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-is-frequently-stopping-and-playing-in-vlc/695544e2-0f46-4fcf-a0e4-e3a0312bb321
  8. Videos on youtube stop loading after watching a few.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Videos on youtube stop loading after watching a few.: Im having an issue where it seems that after a set time after starting computer, all media such as online videos and online music ceases to load, and videos will play frame by frame. I tried switching from chrome to ie and running the netflix windows 10 app in which the issue...
  9. my videos stream are lagging (youtube and twitch)

my videos stream are lagging (youtube and twitch): i need help. when i watch youtuber videos or twitch video keeps lagging even when i lower the quality of the source (130p). the audio is fine (now) the video isn't in sync with the audio and just jumps where the audio is. my windows is up-to-date so is my anti virus just...
  10. BSOD watching videos (youtube, twitch, VLC)

BSOD watching videos (youtube, twitch, VLC): Hi, I had a few BSOD in hte past few days : kmode exception not handled (tcpip.sys). I updated every driver but I didn't help. Attachment 115544 Thanks in advance for the help. 73783