Windows 10: PC stuck applying updates, crashes each time, unable to pull up keyboard menu to fix it

Discus and support PC stuck applying updates, crashes each time, unable to pull up keyboard menu to fix it in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently left my computer on overnight to download some Steam games, since I hadn't used it since the end of Summer. While it was downloading, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DukeRontly, Nov 19, 2019.

1. PC stuck applying updates, crashes each time, unable to pull up keyboard menu to fix it

I recently left my computer on overnight to download some Steam games, since I hadn't used it since the end of Summer. While it was downloading, the computer started a forced update and (assumingly) crashed during it.

Now my computer is stuck in an update loop, where it updates, crashes anywhere between 44%-58%, restarts, updates after restarting, crashes again, and so on. All online fixes require me to pull up a keyboard menu to fix it, but since it's happening on the update screen, I'm unable to access anything. I can't even click another option because none are given.

Here's what it looks like: http://imgur.com/a/caX3rPf

Any suggestions would be very appreciated. I have no idea if I can save this without having to hard reset the system.

I've already tried cutting off the internet. The video I took is from it still not having a connection. I left it unplugged for 9 hours straight today and nothing changed.

submitted by /u/DukeRontly
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DukeRontly, Nov 19, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Counter-Strike: Source Update Available

Updates to Counter-Strike: Source and the Source Engine have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:
    • Added cs_militia with High Dynamic Range (HDR) lighting
    • Fixed player name crash exploit
    • Fixed rare visibility issue near portals such as doorways and windows
    • Fixed a bug that occasionally resulted in doors becoming stuck closed
    • Fixed animation issue with shotgun reloads interrupting fire animations
    • Fixed bug where footsteps sometimes sounded for crouched players on stairs or slopes (they no longer do)
    • Fixed buy menu locking up if keypad Enter is bound to "buymenu"
    • Detail props sway in the breeze now
    • Underwater observers no longer play drowning damage sounds
    • Hostages can open doors and step up onto ledges/stairs now
    Source: Steam

malware, Nov 19, 2019
  3. martian Win User
    Pull-down or Drop-down Menu?

I decided to uninstall Firefox after the entries in the Favorites doubled.
    (Example: the Yahoo Mail sign-in page appears twice in the list. Deleting
    one also deletes the other.)

I have been looking for browsers with pull-down or drop-down menus but
    could only find Chrome-styled browsers (without pull-down or drop-down menus).

Would anyone suggest an old style browser?

TIA.

martian, Nov 19, 2019
  4. PC stuck applying updates, crashes each time, unable to pull up keyboard menu to fix it

Unable to use keyboard on PC

Hi Cynthia,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to not being able to use the keyboard on your PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. How is the keyboard connected to the PC?
    4. Have you tried using the keyboard on any other PC?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try running the keyboard troubleshooter and check if that helps.

1. Click on the Start Menu and the click on
      Settings icon.
    2. Now click on Update & Security and select
      Troubleshoot
    3. Under Find and Fix problems click on
      Keyboard.
    4. Now click on Run the troubleshooter
    5. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

PC stuck applying updates, crashes each time, unable to pull up keyboard menu to fix it

1. PC stuck applying updates, crashes each time, unable to pull up keyboard menu to fix it - Similar Threads - stuck applying updates

2. My PC keeps crashing, with different codes each time!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC keeps crashing, with different codes each time!: The title explains my problem. I got many different codes, like:IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUALSYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTIONATTEMPTED WRITE TO READONLY MEMORYPAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREAAt this point, Im not sure what to do. The restorehealth command also isnt working properly, as the bar...
  3. My PC keeps crashing, with different codes each time!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC keeps crashing, with different codes each time!: The title explains my problem. I got many different codes, like:IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUALSYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTIONATTEMPTED WRITE TO READONLY MEMORYPAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREAAt this point, Im not sure what to do. The restorehealth command also isnt working properly, as the bar...
  4. My PC keeps crashing, with different codes each time!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Start menu pulling up at log on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu pulling up at log on.: So I found an issue while logging in on Windows. When I log in to Windows to where I left off at, it pulls up the start menu. I don't know why this is happening. How do I fix this issue? Thanks in advance!...
  6. Start menu pulling up at log on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu pulling up at log on.: So I found an issue while logging in on Windows. When I log in to Windows to where I left off at, it pulls up the start menu. I don't know why this is happening. How do I fix this issue? Thanks in advance!...
  7. Start menu pulling up at log on.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Windows 10 crashes multiple times after each update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashes multiple times after each update: This time crashed only 3 times, bluescreen that collects data and reports it to MS. Each time I lose data, always pinned tabs in Edge, this time it lost all my Bluetooth connections, and several of them are extremely difficult to reconnect. I will discover other data lost. Is...
  9. Windows 10 startup menu refreshes each time the PC is restarted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 startup menu refreshes each time the PC is restarted: For some unknown reasons my PC will completely set my start up menu to default after reboot. https://imgur.com/a/GU6qyzu Those red circles on the picture are how they work, the steam one, which I installed it and wish it to be on the list will be gone after restarting my...
  10. PC crashing each time while Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing each time while Gaming: My OS crashed each time I play games like FIfa 15 or CS GO. Had the issue when I was on win 8 and has now persisted in windows 10 as well. So first the the output from graphics card disappears afer 4-5 mins of usage and then PC freezes with some looping noise from the...