Windows 10: PC stuck at black screen after reset

Discus and support PC stuck at black screen after reset in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i did a full reset last night with the clean driver option, it was staying ar 99 percent for awhile last night so i went to sleep. this morning i woke... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Karizma, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Karizma Win User

PC stuck at black screen after reset

i did a full reset last night with the clean driver option, it was staying ar 99 percent for awhile last night so i went to sleep. this morning i woke up to it just stuck at being a black screen.i tried rebooting but it just goes back to a black screen after showing the blue windows icon. what should i do

:)

Karizma, Jul 28, 2015
  2. 4pokes500 Win User

Pc won't start

Hello, I have got a big problem.

Today I tried to reset my pc, at about 66% loading it said it had failed. My computer restarted and got stuck on a black screen. The black screen is before every other screen. So the only things I see when starting my PC are the Medion screen and after that
    a black screen. I have tried to reset it by putting in a reset disk, but it won't work.

Please help me

(Windows 10)

Regards,

4pokes500, Jul 28, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows 10: Reset This PC stuck at black screen with white spinning circle

Scott, glad you are back to at least a working system. there is on some systems an incompatibility between wireless input devices and Windows Update/Reset.

With regards to the Reset, trying again is the only option, start the Reset and plug out these devices until you need to input your name . . . etc.

DaveM121, Jul 28, 2015
  4. NoDeX Win User

Turn off Fast Boot in BIOS if it's enabled and try to smash F8-F9 when you see the motherboard logo.
    If all goes well - try to boot into safe mode and see if you can do that.

If not, well you have to reinstall it.

NoDeX, Jul 28, 2015
  5. Karizma Win User
    i couldent get safe mode to come up after a couple reboots, it said windows didnt start right and gave me a option to reset it.this time i just did the full reset without the drive wipe, hopefully itll work.

Karizma, Jul 28, 2015
  6. Karizma Win User
    so it went through the reset portion now it was installing winows till around 10 percent then restarted. now its sitting at a black blank screen for the last 10m, is that normal while installing windows?

Karizma, Jul 28, 2015
  7. Drevik Win User
    I had three computers with this issue and spent 5 hours on it including 1 hour with Microsoft. They accidently fixed it enough for me to figure out the real problem. Windows 10 was treating our single screen computers as if they had dual monitors - the black screen was the other monitor. So ultimately, we were eventually able to right click on the screen and bring up display settings and delete the extra (nonexistant monitor). Our dual monitor computer also had a similiar problem reading three screens instead of two and again we went into the display settings and deleted the "nonexistent monitor"

Drevik, Jul 30, 2015
  8. Drevik Win User

also if one is not seeing your mouse, it is probably on the nonexistent monitor - so try scrolling right or left the length of a monitor screen

Drevik, Jul 30, 2015
  9. drreflex Win User
    THIS PROBLEM HAS BEEN AN ONGOING ISSUE WITH WINDOWS 10.

Below is a Microsoft Knoledge Base entry from April of this year.

httpw://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3055414

"The lock screen in Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10061 might appear as a black screen with a mouse cursor
    Symptoms

When you sign out of Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10061 and return to the lock screen, you might see only a black screen with a responsive mouse cursor. Pressing the Alt+Tab keys or the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys has no visible effect.
    Workaround

If you are experiencing this issue, follow these steps to sign into Windows:

At the black screen, press the Ctrl key once on an attached physical keyboard. (You won’t see any visible change, but pressing the Ctrl key will place the cursor in the password box that you’re currently not able to see.)

Now type the password of the user that just signed out and press Enter.This will sign you back into Windows and the desktop will appear.

If you failed to sign in because you mistyped the password, press Enter once more. Then retype the password and press Enter." ...

PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU ARE INSTALLING WINDOWS 10. AFTER ENTERING YOUR PASSWORD, THE CURSOR SHOULD VANISH FOR SEVERAL MINUTES WHILE WINDOWS COMPLETES THE INSTALL SETUP. MY COMPUTER, A FAST ALIENWARE, TOOK ABOUT FIVE MINUTES TO COMPLETE THE SETUP AND THEN THE WINDOWS 10 DESKTOP APPEARED.

drreflex, Jul 30, 2015
  10. PNWDrew Win User
    After the 10 upgrade I tried a reset and since then I've got nothing at all. Just a blank but lit up screen, no cursor.

After giving up on getting the previous working version back I tried to just clean install. Same problem. Installer does all the steps then goes down for reboot and that's the last I see of anything Windows. I get the Samsung splash screen then blank with no cursor. It does not ever get past that blank screen during the install. It's too fast to have booted into a new Windows install, only about 30 seconds of activity before darkness.

I've tried UEFI, no UEFI. Secure Boot on and off. Fast Boot on and off. I've tried using the MS media tool and rufus. I've tried USB and DVD. I've tried the Win P thing, nothing. F8 does nothing. Entering a password as if it is on login screen does nothing (it's a clean install so no password should be needed anyway) . I've even tried manually wiping the drive to be sure no previous data is there.

If I go into trouble shooting on the installation media I can get a command prompt. I can see the C drive and scan or clean or whatever so I'm certain it is healthy.

Once the screen goes dark all drive activity stops and that's all I get. I've left it overnight multiple times to see if it would ever move on. Nope.

This is infuriating as for once I didn't directly cause my problems, I just used the built in reset feature after Win 10 had activated and been running for 3 days.

It's Samsung AIO model DP500A2P.

Any ideas?

PNWDrew, Aug 15, 2015
  11. Bazz Win User
    Not at all sure if this if going to help at all but try doing a off line clean install, power off your router.

It sounds to me that your model may not be compatible with windows 10, contact your manufacturer regarding this they may have updated drivers.

If all fails you are going to have to clean install your base OS, if you have your activation key just install and activate by phone (it is a free call) if not once again contact your manufacturer.

I upgraded my friends laptop to Windows 10 with the same result however I had taken a system image before hand and was able to restore back to the very time I updated.

Good luck mate, I hope you get it sorted and I feel for you, if Microsoft had shoved down your throat the fact to do a image back up before the upgrade as well as they did the upgrade it's self many people would not be in this situation.

12. PNWDrew Win User
    Clean installs fail at the same point as the reset did. I'm out of ideas for it at this point and low on patience.
    I do wish I had imaged the disk prior to starting, but since it had already updated to 10 successfully and I wanted a fresh system anyway I didn't worry about a back-up.

I suspect it is something in the UEFI/BIOS set-up that fails, but since I have totally wiped and formatted the disk several times I would think the installer would be able to do its thing as if it was a fresh disk.

I may need to buy a copy of 10 to dual boot on a home built PC anyway so maybe that installer will also get the failed install back up.
    If nothing helps I'll have a 4th Linux machine to play with I guess *Tongue

PNWDrew, Aug 15, 2015
  13. PNWDrew Win User

Well, I had to dredge up this old thread to report some progress on this problem.

I had given up on ever getting 10 on the Samsung All-in-One and had been just using it as a display for my home built Linux PC. Once I bought a better monitor I installed Zorin Linux on the Samsung and gave it to my girlfriend to replace her laptop. She watches a lot of Hulu and Netflix and there were some issues keeping those services working on the linux distro so tonight I revisited getting Win 10 installed to keep the home front peaceful.

Just for kicks I loaded a Win 7 install disc that I used elsewhere, the installer loaded and looked normal. I did not install 7 as I didn't have a spare key. But seeing hope I downloaded a Win 10 64 bit ISO and burned to DVD; the PC refused to even acknowledge that. I used rufus to create a bootable USB but no go. I tried Rufus with 64 bit and 32 bit versions with no luck. When I got to the partition dialog there were MBR vs GPT issues even when I set Rufus to create the proper format.

I then let the MS media creator program do the USB; which I had done dozens of times before to no avail. No luck with UEFI, due to the same MBR problem.

I don't recall ever seeing it before but this time in the bios boot order the USB had a non UEFI boot option for the same USB. I tried it and for unknown reasons it installed normally and activated.

I wish I had some idea what I had done, the PC was Win 8 -->8.1 64 bit UEFI initially (or so I think). I don't argue with success even if I didn't earn it but I'd love to know what changed in case I ever need to reinstall.

If anyone has any light to shed on why it worked this time after scores of attempts please let me know.

Thanks,
    Drew

PNWDrew, Nov 14, 2015
  14. Thanks, I unplugged my hdmi cable from the back of my computer, and the loading screen popped back on one of my two other monitors

KojoMajiGoGo, May 18, 2016
  15. Trying clicking the "End" key my brother had a problem with his computer, he was restoring his windows 10 computer and he kept it on over night and it stayed on the loading screen. For some reason I had the though of pressing the "End" key.

matthew12345, Dec 24, 2016
Thema:

1. PC stuck at black screen after reset - Similar Threads - stuck black screen

2. My pc is stuck in black screen while reseting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc is stuck in black screen while reseting.: I decided to reset my computer by clicking on the option 'remove files and clean the drive windows 10'the "getting a few things ready" blue box reached 100%, and after that the computer went into a black screen. It has been that way for over 5 hours now. What should i do?...
  3. My pc is stuck in black screen while reseting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is stuck in black screen while reseting.: I decided to reset my computer by clicking on the option 'remove files and clean the drive windows 10'the "getting a few things ready" blue box reached 100%, and after that the computer went into a black screen. It has been that way for over 5 hours now. What should i do?...
  4. My pc is stuck in black screen while reseting.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Stuck on black loading screen after resetting computer

Stuck on black loading screen after resetting computer: Ive been having bsods with kernal data in page error and critical process died errors. Ive used SFC, diagnosed memory, chkdsk, downloaded new bios, new chipset drivers and a new PSU. So now I've reset the computer and it's been stuck on a back page with just the loading...
  6. Stuck on black screen after resetting pc to factory settings

Stuck on black screen after resetting pc to factory settings: My screen has been stuck on a black screen for over an hour now after I have decided to "Reset this PC" and "Keep My Files" after I did a Windows Update. My laptop was working really fine before the update too. I should probably also say that I have tried other options before...
  7. Stuck on black screen after resetting pc to factory settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on black screen after resetting pc to factory settings: My screen has been stuck on a black screen for over an hour now after I have decided to "Reset this PC" and "Keep My Files" after there was an error in my Windows Update. My laptop was working really fine before the update too. I should probably also say that I have tried...
  8. Stuck on black screen after resetting pc to factory settings

Stuck on black screen after resetting pc to factory settings: My screen has been stuck on a black screen for over an hour now after I have decided to "Reset this PC" and "Keep My Files" after there was an error in my Windows Update. My laptop was working really fine before the update too. I should probably also say that I have tried...
  9. Lenovo 100s stuck on black screen after reset

Lenovo 100s stuck on black screen after reset: Hi everyone, My in laws have been having problems with their latop running slowly. As they only ever us it for emails, I thought the best option was just to reset it. During the reset it got to 66% then said there were problems and it couldn't complete the action. From...
  10. Black screen after pc reset

Black screen after pc reset: Hi, I've wanted to factory reset my pc. (Custom Built PC). When it was restarting after the reset process, it went to a black screen. I left it for around 1-3 hours, and it's still showing the black screen. When I turned my PC off and on, it showed a black screen, Ive tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer stuck on black screen after reset