Windows 10: PC stuck at lock screen when opening the Lid duing power saver mode

Discus and support PC stuck at lock screen when opening the Lid duing power saver mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I updated windows from 1803 to 1903 and since then the laptop hangs on the lock screen after opening the lid.This happens only when Low Power mode is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Pratham Shanbhag, Oct 10, 2019.

1. PC stuck at lock screen when opening the Lid duing power saver mode

I updated windows from 1803 to 1903 and since then the laptop hangs on the lock screen after opening the lid.This happens only when Low Power mode is turned on (or) the battery is low. This has happened for the fourth time now, only after updating. I assume this issue is caused because they changed the way Sleep behaves (after the update).

In the latest scenario, I turned on the laptop, it was low on power so I closed the lid, connected the charger. Later when I needed the laptop (about 20 to 40min. later) -- I unplugged the laptop first then after a few minutes, opened its lid. It hung on the lock screen. I restart by long pressing the power button on the laptop.

This problem occurs only when low power mode is on / battery is low on power (or has drained when sleeping?) and

the laptop was plugged in during sleep and was left (undisturbed) for >=20 min.

Please help me solve this issue with my system.

Thank you.

***Original title: Lock Screen Hang Bug***

:)

Pratham Shanbhag, Oct 10, 2019

2. Screen Saver and Sceen lock

Hi,

Regarding your concern, we suggest setting up power options first before setting the screen saver. You may perform these steps:

• In the search box on the task bar, type Power Options,
      and then select Power Options.
    • Click Change Plan Settings.
    • Change the settings to Never.
    • Select Save changes.
    • Set your screen saver.

Do let us know should you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Oct 10, 2019
  3. PJS
    pjs Win User
    PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.)
    Since I am at work I always lock the screen when I leave my computer. (I use the windows+L shortcut to lock the screen.) This all works fine.

However, after about a minute the computer goes into sleep mode / hibernation. At least I think it does, because the two monitors goes black - and it takes a few seconds to "wake up the system" (the monitors doesn't come back to life immediately when I press a key on the keyboard / move the mouse, as they would if a screen saver was active.)
    This is very annoying if I step away from my computer for only a short while (like going to the bathroom.)

Here's what I want:
    With power (not running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 15 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

Without power (running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 5 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

My best bet is that this is some sort of power saving scheme thingie, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to do what I want. Can someone please help me with a step-by-step guide to configure my system the way I want? Thank you.

4. Rose Cal Win User

PC stuck at lock screen when opening the Lid duing power saver mode

Screen Saver/Desktop/Screen Saver

Hi Jim,

The issue you encountered with screen saver can be due to incorrect screen saver settings. To better isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you tried changing the screen saver settings?
    • Are you trying to off the the screen saver?

Meanwhile, you can follow these steps to turn off your screen saver:

• Open Settings and Select Personalization.
    • Click Lock screen, scroll down and choose Screen saver settings.
    • Choose None in the drop-down menu.
    • Select Apply.
    • Click OK.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

PC stuck at lock screen when opening the Lid duing power saver mode

1. PC stuck at lock screen when opening the Lid duing power saver mode - Similar Threads - stuck lock screen

2. PC constantly blue screens unless in power saver mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC constantly blue screens unless in power saver mode: Hi AllMy PC has been blue screening for the best part of a year, I have done a clean install and updated drivers with no success, i have also replaced the motherboard and the PSU this is still crashing if not in power saver mode.Does anyone know the cause of the BSOD' and how...
  3. PC constantly blue screens unless in power saver mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC constantly blue screens unless in power saver mode: Hi AllMy PC has been blue screening for the best part of a year, I have done a clean install and updated drivers with no success, i have also replaced the motherboard and the PSU this is still crashing if not in power saver mode.Does anyone know the cause of the BSOD' and how...
  4. PC constantly blue screens unless in power saver mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. pc trouble when opening the lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc trouble when opening the lid: when i close my lid then re-open it , my pc completely shuts down / sleep and i have to wait for it to turn on again , i tried hibernate mode and it still requires waiting for the logo etc till the lockscreen / sign in page shows up eng isnt my first language idk how to...
  6. pc trouble when opening the lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc trouble when opening the lid: when i close my lid then re-open it , my pc completely shuts down / sleep and i have to wait for it to turn on again , i tried hibernate mode and it still requires waiting for the logo etc till the lockscreen / sign in page shows up eng isnt my first language idk how to...
  7. Power Mode Battery Saver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Mode Battery Saver: I wanted to know little deep about how battery saver option works and how much energy it saves within an hour considering the laptop is brand new. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-mode-battery-saver/a2c0a78b-544f-45fa-84c9-eca023caaf35
  8. Windows screen saver or power saving mode

Windows screen saver or power saving mode: Just recently my computer has been locking up or hanging up on a system restart when I leave the system unattended. I find the system with the black screen and windows icon up with the small dots that make the circle usually going around frozen. Holding the power button...
  9. stuck on screen saver

stuck on screen saver: Hi, My computer gets stuck on the screen saver and I can't do anything as there are no icons to click on. The mouse moves around the screen but nothing works - I have pressed Ctrl Alt Delete and that does nothing....
  10. screen saver locking

screen saver locking: When my computer is idle the screen saver clicks in after the set time of 5 minutes however it won't come back on with the mouse or by pressing any key on the keyboard, I have to switch off, then on again, and then enter pin code and it resumes where it was but its a pain!...