Windows 10: PC stuck at rebooting during full reset

Discus and support PC stuck at rebooting during full reset in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I had to reset my PC due to some problems with my drivers... I selected that everything should be reset, all drives and files. I then pressed on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Meismehl, Feb 9, 2020.

1. PC stuck at rebooting during full reset

I had to reset my PC due to some problems with my drivers...

I selected that everything should be reset, all drives and files. I then pressed on "reset" and then I had to wait for it to reach 100%. When the window reached 100% my PC automatically restarted. Now I'm stuck at my boot screen with a loading icon that's constantly spinning and nothing has changed for like 2 hours now.

My PC is usually very fast, here are my specs:

450gb nvme SSD 2 TB HDD if that helps. RAM: 16gb GPU: GTX 1060 6gb CPU: Intel core i5 3.5ghz Mainboard: MSI B250M Gaming Pro

Is it normal that it takes so long?

Also a (maybe important) side note: I disabled all kinds of windows 10 fast boot options in my BIOS settings because I used to have dual boot.

submitted by /u/Meismehl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Meismehl, Feb 9, 2020

2. Reset This PC stuck on 8%

Hello Matthew,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Reset stuck at certain percentage. We will certainly help you.

Can you let us know why exactly are you trying to perform Reset of Pc?

As you system is stuck, we suggest you to hard reboot and then try performing reset again and check if the same issue occurs. If the same issue persists, then we suggest you to perform reset using Installation disk.

I would suggest you to download an ISO image of Windows 10 and try to create installation media using the Media Creation tool.

Download Windows 10

Installation Media tool:

Windows 10 herunterladen

Follow the steps mentioned below to perform Reset of PC:

a. Insert the installation DVD or
    USB
    and boot Windows 10 from it.

b. Select “Troubleshooting” from the first Window and then select “Reset this PC”.

Let us know the result. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Stuck in Reboot loop after performing Reset

Hi Giedre,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

As per the information that you have provided, I would suggest that you wait for a couple of hours more and check if you are still stuck in the same window. If so, then I would suggest that you perform Power Drain and check the status of your PC when you
    reboot.

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 9, 2020
  4. PC stuck at rebooting during full reset

Reset failed and now stuck in reboot loop

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Can you provide the error message that you receive when Reset failed?

2. Are you trying to Reset and Remove Everything or Keep Files?

As per the information you have provided, I understand that you are stuck in a reboot loop. I would suggest that you perform Power Drain and check if you are able to boot into the desktop.

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Once you are able to boot, I would suggest that you try performing the reset again.

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

PC stuck at rebooting during full reset

1. PC stuck at rebooting during full reset - Similar Threads - stuck rebooting during

2. Reset PC not full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset PC not full: Trying to reset my PC to donate it to my cousin however it will only give me 100 percent of status and after restart nothing is reset. I can see all the apps installed and files in my computer as if nothing happens. The reset takes time to finish and I cant afford to do it...
  3. Reset PC not full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset PC not full: Trying to reset my PC to donate it to my cousin however it will only give me 100 percent of status and after restart nothing is reset. I can see all the apps installed and files in my computer as if nothing happens. The reset takes time to finish and I cant afford to do it...
  4. Reset PC not full

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Stuck during reset at 76%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck during reset at 76%: I am resetting my lenovo yoga 500, it 8s stuck at 76% from 2hours and I don't have access to any other pc so can't install windows media. What can I do Should I force shut down??...
  6. Stuck during reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck during reset: I'm not sure if this is the right place to post or not, so I'm posting everywhere I can. Anyway. I have an older laptop, the fangbook HX6 that I got from a friend. It was sluggish at best, he just gave it to me without resetting it, so I decided to factory reset it myself....
  7. My computer appears stuck on black screen during full reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer appears stuck on black screen during full reset: I'm afraid I cant tell you about the model of the computer I have, as this is an old computer that has been with us for years and was not doing that well. I do however know that this computer has 2 drives, C and D, together adding up to a total of 1tb of storage. Due to...
  8. PC resetting but not full reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC resetting but not full reboot: Hello, I need help its driving me crazy trying to figure it out. I have 2 PCs the same age the same hardware the same updates, but this one is having problems. I have been having a issue I can not track down, it doesn't create error codes, It doesn't create a error...
  9. Pc stuck at 34% during resetting process

Pc stuck at 34% during resetting process: [IMG]I am waiting for more than an hour https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-stuck-at-34-during-resetting-process/afd658f1-f592-495e-a157-180fbd6a675f
  10. Stuck during factory reset.

Stuck during factory reset.: So the Factory reset has been stuck at 2% for the last 8 hours. 9964