Windows 10: Pc stuck before login screen

Discus and support Pc stuck before login screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have used this pc for more then 2 years and i updated my pc to win 10 almost a year ago. So today i started my pc and it got stuck before the login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kadir, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Kadir Win User

Pc stuck before login screen

I have used this pc for more then 2 years and i updated my pc to win 10 almost a year ago. So today i started my pc and it got stuck before the login screen i have to press a button to get to the login screen but it just got stuck my mouse and keyboard are working because it gives light but my cursor is stuck in the middle on the screen and its stuttering non stop i tried to restart it but it shut downs instantly and starts instantly as if it never even shut down i dont know what to do.

:)

Kadir, Nov 19, 2017
  2. thethiny Win User

Windows 10 stuck before login screen

Pc stuck before login screen [​IMG]
    Ever since ive upgraded to Windows 10, I've been getting problems.

The most recent one is it not working at all!

I put the computer into hibernation, then whenI resumed it it gave me the blue screen with the white balls spinning around, forever. That is before the login screen appears. I shutdown the PC and booted it again, same problem.

Safe mode works, but i can't use system restore.

Windows 10 Pro - Clean Install

I5 @ 3GHz

Gigabyte Motherboard.

8 GB RAM.

2 500GB HDD SATA.

thethiny, Nov 19, 2017
  3. thethiny Win User
    Windows 10 stuck before login screen

I swear this forum is useless Pc stuck before login screen :) ever since i joined in 2009 no one has ever replied.

Anyways, the answer was System Services. The Windows update caused issues.

Type msconfig into run, choose disgnostic boot.

Then restart.

thethiny, Nov 19, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, do you have any disk images? (We constantly recommend the routine use of disk imaging so you can recover easily without technical help from
    - failed disk, unbootable PC, uncorrectable problem, ransomware etc.)
    E.g. Macrium Reflect (free)

I would recommend you first run a disk check.
    Download and create Kyhi's bootable disk available from the top of the Software and Apps section here.
    Boot your PC from it, and run HD Tune (on the disk) - Health tab.
    Post the result.

Do you know the Windows build you have installed? Home or Pro?
    e.g. Anniversary, Creator's, Fall Creator's
    1607 1703 1709

Do you know if your PC was processing a Windows update?

Please complete your specs (see mine for comparison below- My Computer) - especially your disk- HDD, SSD, SSHD..?

dalchina, Nov 19, 2017
  5. Kadir Win User
    I dont have a disk i installed it when it was free and its a windows 10 pro

Kadir, Nov 19, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, I'll try to be much clearer, in separate numbered steps.

1. We need to know if your disk is failing.

Please download the boot disk here:
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums
    Post #1.

Create a bootable medium (burn it to a DVD if you have a DVD drive on your PC) or
    see
    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials
    and follow instructions in Option two using the iso you've downloaded to create a bootable USB disk.

Boot your PC from it, and run HD Tune and post the result.
    To post a screenshot please use the Insert Image icon above your post to the left of the video icon. Then Browse to your image, select it and upload it. E.g. png, jpg. Thanks.

For more guidance
    Take Screenshot in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials
    How to Upload and Post Screenshots and Files at Ten Forums Tutorials

2. Disk imaging is a sort of backup procedure for Windows, disks and partitions.
    It creates compressed copies of the used parts of the disks and partitions.
    If you don't have this sort of backup, you may be in significant difficulty.
    Typical products - programs - that provide disk imaging:
    Macrium reflect (free), Aomei Backupper, Acronis True Image, Easeus Todo Backup.

3. Anyone can freely download Win 10 iso's and create a bootable medium.

4. Do you know if your PC was processing a Windows update?

5. Please complete your specs (see mine for comparison below- My Computer) - especially your disk- HDD, SSD, SSHD..?

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Pc stuck before login screen - Similar Threads - stuck before login

2. PC Stuck in Login Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Stuck in Login Screen: I tried to change my username by using win+r control userpasswords2 didn't ask password from me, nor did I provide any and I signed out to see if it worked. Well, it seems my login screen stuck with old username and when I provide pin, it refers to password, when I type pwd...
  3. PC Stuck in Login Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Stuck in Login Screen: I tried to change my username by using win+r control userpasswords2 didn't ask password from me, nor did I provide any and I signed out to see if it worked. Well, it seems my login screen stuck with old username and when I provide pin, it refers to password, when I type pwd...
  4. PC Stuck in Login Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. PC stuck on login screen.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC stuck on login screen.: I had a power outage last night and ever since I can’t log into my computer. I get to the login screen and it just freezes or it says my login name with no password or PIN prompt and that’s as far as I get. I’ve tried getting into safe mode like others have suggested but I...
  6. Stuck before login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck before login screen: Hello- I have a Lenovo thinkpad A485 laptop. Yesterday it froze and wouldn't respond to ctrl-alt-dlt so I hard restarted it with the power button. When it turned back on, it went through the Lenovo screen like normal, but instead of loading the login screen, it loads a blank...
  7. Computer got stuck before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer got stuck before login screen: Title says it all. I woke my computer from sleep mode, and clicked to get to the PIN entry screen, but instead, it just got stuck at a screen with only the background image. The only way out was to cold boot. I literally never had this happen until today. What may have caused...
  8. Stuck before login screen Help ASAP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck before login screen Help ASAP: Before the issue occured, i had only closed my laptop and put it in sleep mode. The next time i tried to use my computer i was stuck on my login background and that was it. There was no date, time, or power option. The screen was just blank with a cursor. I gave it a couple...
  9. Stuck at spinning circle before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck at spinning circle before login screen: Hello, So here's my issue: I started my computer and came back to find a BSOD. It displayed an error code and mentioned something about a driver error. I waited until the loading reached 100%, but it didn't restart on its own so i shut the computer down manually by holding...
  10. System boot stuck before login screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    System boot stuck before login screen.: Hi! I don't know if this is the right thread because I don't get any BSOD but it's really close to one. The problem: System boot stuck before login screen. The backstory: Messed around with ProgramData's ownership because the Indexer/Search didn't work. (read it...